Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No SSD server but storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No SSD server but storage

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a provider who still offers (virtual) servers with more space instead of a 20-30gb SSD. I want to run syncthing or something like that where I don't need a SSD but more storage for my files.

I'm willing to pay $10-20 per month, I want something "stable" like linode and no $2/year provider who's gone tomorrow.

• 80 GB or more
  • 512mb - 1GB memory
  • U.S. location
  • XEN or KVM as hypervisor

Thank you

Comments

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited May 2015

Perhaps our KVMH2048 would be of interest to you?

2GB RAM / 1GB SWAP

80GB RAID 10 Disk Space

4 Shared CPU Cores

4TB Mobthly Bandwidth

1 IPv4

KVM / Virtualizor Control Panel

We have a location in US Las Vegas, package is £8 (around $12.50) a month with 20% recurring discount, promtional code KVMH20

• RizRiz Member

For a VPS running KVM check out RamNode ( @Nick_A ). There are quite a few offers that are in your budget with multiple US locations.

Otherwise, with that kind of budget you could check out @dacentec and pick up a dedicated for $20/mo and 2x2TB drives.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks @Riz!

@wepwep - check out our CKVM line: http://ramnode.com/vps.php

• nightshadenightshade Member
    edited May 2015

Maybe Vultr SATA plans would work.

512m / 125g SATA / 1TB - $5

1024 / 250g SATA / 2TB - $10

Don't know how reliable they are but the standard Vultr SSD VPS are stable.

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited May 2015

Could put something together for you in Jacksonville Florida.

KVM
    4 Core
    1GB ram
    100GB Raid 10 HDD
    1TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps
    1IPv4
    16IPv6

$10/m Let us know if this suits your needs.

• wepwepwepwep Member

Wow, cool! That was fast, thank you very much. I'll have a look. Maybe there are some more. I'd also like a provider who cares about security and privacy (with all those recent security incidents, xen and kvm issues...) That's why I asked about a provider who's doing this business for a longer time

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited May 2015

@wepwep There is not one serious experienced provider we know who has not lost sleep at one time or another thinking about future surprise security issues.

• sc754sc754 Member

For much less you could just get the delimiter $5 atom dedicated server if that's an option for you

• bersybersy Member
    edited May 2015

There are some reliable providers offering storage VPS in US/CA within the budget:

KVM

ramnode

buyvm

hosthatch

kihihosting (Canada)

Xen

drserver

xenpower

• I would suggest Prometeus.

• wepwepwepwep Member

Any experience with DreamHost? They're offering 100GB block storage for $15

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

bersy said: xenpower

The L line (L, XL, XXL) from 200 to 800 GB storage.

XP-L
    €36/year

1 vCPU
    1GB RAM
    200GB Disk space (Raid 6)
    2000GB Traffic included

The 800 GB one is 129 a year, for examople and you can use the 18 years coupon one time for 18% off.

The number of cpu cores with these is not great, but you can use them 100% as all our cores, if you need more cpu, regular XenPower is faster and even SSD is pretty generous with space.

Problem is, there is not always in stock.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi,

I think that our 1st special is best fit: https://drserver.net/specials

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

ServerHub has a $5 per month offer for 500GB (ssd cached). Don't have any experience with serverhub but read that they got 1.x million in funding a few months ago.

• Crissic is good for storage from my own experience. That and Ramnode or DrServer.

• RizRiz Member

I would stay away from Dreamhost.

• Hello,

Our build your own VPS scheme might be perfect for what you are looking to create. It allows you to set your disk, RAM and IP's on order so you can customize it to your exact needs. This is a link to where you can setup the plans: https://www.superior-networks.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=48

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM or open a ticket with us!