Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Tablet with i-processor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows Tablet with i-processor

webcraftwebcraft Member

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a new Windows Tablet with an Intel i processor (e.g. i3, i5, etc) and 4gb ram. So far there's of course the surface pro but also some others like the miix 2-11 (read some reviews which don't recommended it). It should be cheaper than $500 and available within the EU.

I currently own a tablet with an Intel atom which is quite ok but it doesn't look very nice so the second important aspect is the design. It should not have too large borders and should be >10".

Which Tablet would you recommend?

Comments

• If you're thinking about power and style. Go with Surface 2/3
    I currently own 3 one (given from office) and It's pretty solid I would say.

• @sdglhm said:
    If you're thinking about power and style. Go with Surface 2/3
    I currently own 3 one (given from office) and It's pretty solid I would say.

I'd go with a surface pro 2 because it's lots cheaper and suits my needs.

• None has any other idea? Well, would you invest more into a tablet or more into a phone (e.g. iPhone or Nokia/Microsoft Lumia)?

• sc754sc754 Member

If you just want a better looking tablet with an excellent screen but are willing to stick with the atom then the teclast x98 air 2 is excellent

• BochiBochi Member

@sc754 said:
    If you just want a better looking tablet with an excellent screen but are willing to stick with the atom then the teclast x98 air 2 is excellent

Damned, I think I now need a new tablet to play around with... :P

Thanked by 1camarg
  • trexostrexos Member

Do not buy Teclas products, they are faulty (just google teclast x98 3d freeze) and the company doesn't give a shit on fixing these problems (well they are most likely hardware side).

• @trexos said:
    Do not buy Teclas products

I'd extend that to most Chinese tablets. They're largely utter garbage in my experience.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Microlinux said: They're largely utter garbage in my experience.

Guess I am lucky, which is surprising, I am not usually. My last phablet lasts still in spite of being dropped often, only the back cover cracked.

• joshinjoshin Member

@sc754 said:

I second this. At <$200, I love mine. It's fast enough & with its HDMI port, I can connect up a to a 2nd monitor.

• @trexos said:
    Do not buy Teclas products, they are faulty (just google teclast x98 3d freeze) and the company doesn't give a shit on fixing these problems (well they are most likely hardware side).

You get what you pay for, that tablet having 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, hardly cost $140 with shipping and you complain about it.

Get a Surface 3 if you want a solid Windows tablet.

• DalCompDalComp Member

If it's nothing urgent, I'd say wait till atom x3 or x5 tablets hit the market.

• sc754sc754 Member

I've got two Chinese tablets a teclast and an onda, both are excellent

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

I'd go for the Surface Pro 3, I use one daily (provided by work). Surface Pro 2 is just as good.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

maybe we might see one of those china tablets with 3G LTE some day for a good price.

• They only support cdma, not gsm atm, right?

• Maybe you cab help me to decide: I can get a surface pro 2 (like new) for 400€ or 210-240€ for one of the teclast. Which would you take?

• bump

• I use a chinese tablet Cube iWork8 and I feel the bottleneck is the slow disk I/O causing noticeable slowness at times. I guess the teclast would have about the similar performance. Check also if the 3G works with windows, most only works on android OS.

Don't know much about Surface 2. It also uses eMMC but from quick google it has better benchmark scores, at least twice as fast. The drawback is that it uses windows RT which has less compatibility with other desktop programs.

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited June 2015

I've been looking at the dual OS chinese tablets lately. Never owned a chinese tablet before but dual OS would be really useful for me. Anyway YouTube user TechTablets.com has a TON of videos on many chinese tablets so I suggest taking a look at his videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrI6_31b1OHRE62BHTMYN0Q

Personally I think I'd get the Teclast X16HD over the X10HD. I think Atom can handle 1920x1080 res better than 2560x1600. Though I have not decided to buy the X16HD yet either, still looking at other options. I may wait until they have Windows 10 and Android lollipop out of the box.

That said if price wasn't being considered I'd still get a Surface (or other non-Atom tablet) for a stronger CPU.

• sc754sc754 Member

I would recommend the asus x205ta (I'm using it right now). It's got all the benefits of the tablet (same z3735f you get in any windows device) but it's cheap, looks good (in gold - actually looks more like silver in most lights), has a keyboard and I get 11 hours battery from it. I did use tablets for a while, but now I've got this I don't see the need for a tablet. The only downside I would say is that you don't get the absolute best screen, it's just standard 720p hd rather than some crazy ips resolution. But really it's not bad at all

• Thanks so far. I just worry about the drivers.. ;)

• UmairUmair Member

That looks awesome. Anyone using it?
    Or any other better option in the same price range ?? (around $250)

• @Umair said:
    Or any other better option in the same price range ?? (around $250)

If screen doesn't matter to you, find ones with 8-9 inch. They are much cheaper as windows license is free for tablets under 9 inch. You'll get them around $150 or even less. Specs other than the screen would be somewhat similar.

• I bought this one under $200 (including the keyboard).