Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

SwitchVM ownership change, bought out by....

SwitchVM ownership change, bought out by....

ZenZen Member
edited October 2012 in General

(written by a guy with no affiliation to either host)

SwitchVM has been bought out, pending client migration.. by NinjaHawk Solutions

After only 1 month and 2 days of business Dominic of SwitchVM has sold his 'business' to another reputable LEB host. I don't have too much information that would be of use to existing clients, but here is a link to a WHF article update that I have just wrote in which you can expect my general writing style with a few facts thrown in here and there. This thread is more of an announcement/discussion.

Why did NinjaHawk Solutions purchase SwitchVM? SwitchVM needed professional help and a real infrastructure to continue, this was not possible under ownership of Dominic.

Why did SwitchVM need to sell out? Dominic was having financial issues (as many speculated) and technical issues (had no idea how to manage servers, I can only assume.. another thing we all speculated) - these are of course directly related to the above answer.

How far along is the transfer process? 1. The website has been transferred to NinjaHawk Solutions' infrastructure 2. Licenses are in the process of being transferred. 3. Within 2 weeks all VMs will be migrated onto upgraded infrastructure and users will see an increase in performance

Thanks for reading, discuss.

For the sake of @DewlanceVPS' stupidity - I'm not taz/ninjahawk and this post does not back up your ignorant claims, I was requested to make an update on my pre-existing WHF article and was granted access to this information.

I work for Nodisto.

Tagged:
Thanked by 1Infinity

Comments

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

Really?? Have any links?

I don't have any trouble seeing this, but I would like to think that I was wrong, even though I would never have gone near SwitchVM.

Why would NinjaHawk even buy this?

SonicGlass 11 Locations- Amsterdam, Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, , Milan,
    SonicBoxes.com - VPS Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

• This isn't too good for clients due to he moved them from the free month server he had to IOFlood and now being moved again ?

• Wasn't SwitchVM a UK based host? I didn't know NinjaHawk had any UK servers, and I would assume for most clients the location is very important.

• ZenZen Member

@nunim said: Really?? Have any links?

I was pretty much asked to write up the actual company email for the PR release.. here you go.

I work for Nodisto.

• Well, they Ninja'ed SwitchVM :) It is a bit funny but I was under the impression that SwitchVM lasted longer somehow. At least 3 months in my mind. M

Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my drive A: ?

• @Zen said: I was pretty much asked to write up the actual company email for the PR release.. here you go.

That is very interesting - didn't Taz leave NinjaHawk? ;)

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

@Zen said: (written by a guy with no affiliation to either host) @Zen said: I was pretty much asked to write up the actual company email for the PR release.. here you go.

? If you have no ties to either company why would you be asked, or consider writing a "press release" for them? If you like to work for free I can find you something to do.

• @nunim said: ? If you have no ties to either company why would you be asked, or consider writing a "press release" for them? If you like to work for free I can find you something to do.

By someone that officially stated not to work for the involved company anymore, no less.

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

• ZenZen Member

@joepie91 said: That is very interesting - didn't Taz leave NinjaHawk? ;)

Yes, he's acting as a liaison for NinjaHawk as he is still good friends with the owner.

I work for Nodisto.

• @nunim said: If you have no ties to either company why would you be asked, or consider writing a "press release" for them?

Maybe because he is considered a talented individual. I think, on merit. M

Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my drive A: ?

• along with the $5 he probably spent on Mars Bars to keep him energized while answering tickets.

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • ZenZen Member
    edited October 2012

@nunim said: ? If you have no ties to either company why would you be asked, or consider writing a "press release" for them? If you like to work for free I can find you something to do.

He thinks I'm a decent writer? I don't really care, I do odd jobs for people all the time.

@Maounique said: Maybe because he is considered a talented individual. I think, on merit. M

Exactly what I assume :)

I work for Nodisto.

• TazTaz Disabled

I actually contacted on behalf of ninja as that would be the only way to get an edit on whf since I don't have zen's contact.

That is all. I am not associated with nh. The owner is my cousin after all and it was his request. Drama once again.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• I already knew this from... yesterday morning :P rawr

(timezone in screenshot is GMT+13)

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• @Taz, no drama just news :)

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
    Thanked by 1Randy
  • ZenZen Member
    edited October 2012

@Taz said: The owner is my cousin after all and it was his request. Drama once again.

Relax :)

@SimpleNode said: I already knew this from... yesterday morning :P

Lol.

Sleep time for me everyone ;) night

I work for Nodisto.

• @Taz said: Drama once again.

Well it is LET , LET isn't the same with no drama.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Lol its wasnt even a big pickup, were talking about peanuts here

ChicagoVPS.net - OpenVZ/Xen/KVM Based VPS's / Great Support! / 6 Geographically Diverse Locations: Buffalo, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, New Jersey

• JarJar Member
    edited October 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Lol its wasnt even a big pickup, were talking about peanuts here

Great acquisition though, so long as the exchange of money went in the opposite direction of the one implied. I don't think I'd pay to clean someone's database and cancel their server.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Its literally <$100/mo in client income. Can that even be considered a real host haha Its like saying I started a website and have 2 people that pay me $10 a month. I just think its funny I guess

ChicagoVPS.net - OpenVZ/Xen/KVM Based VPS's / Great Support! / 6 Geographically Diverse Locations: Buffalo, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, New Jersey

• That was fast.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • TazTaz Disabled
    edited October 2012

Everything has potential. After all, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Tbh, for a small startup, he has done a pretty good job. Wish I could have seen his nodes from inside.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• JarJar Member

@Taz said: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That's what fat chicks say.

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • @jarland said: That's what fat chicks say.

What's wrong with fat chicks? They will take much better care of you over time

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
  • JarJar Member

@miTgiB said: What's wrong with fat chicks? They will take much better care of you over time

Depends on how you count it. Better care over their shorter life span as opposed to lesser care over a longer life span? ;)

I feel like not taking care of your body is a direct statement to those who care about you that you don't care about their happiness. But to call me a hypocrite would be accurate ;)

• 10/10 would read again.

I totally called it. Houston, shit has hit the fan.

Thanked by 2Jack Randy
  • @miTgiB said: What's wrong with fat chicks? They will take much better care of you over time

And its more cushin for the pushin

• Is Dominic still going to be around and working on SwitchVM or he's completely out of hosting now?

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
  • Now you won't be able to use desktop GUI or torrents on SwitchVM.

Thanked by 2eastonch Chan
  • TazTaz Disabled

• Hm... I thought it will get deadpooled.

Saw the email that I received from them at around 4AM, while doing my nightly routing of checking my email on my phone. Actually started laughing.

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • TazTaz Disabled

• @Taz said: @Alex_Liquidhost why so?

Laugh at him, not NinjaHawk ;)

Why? Well, because his whole service was a joke... You know what I mean ;)

• RandyRandy Disabled

I Remember he saying this won't happen right? :) well i guess he had enough chances already

• TazTaz Disabled

@Alex_liquidhost I see. I really wish I had access to NH right now though.

On a side note, can I get a reply to my pm?

• So... I asume now he has the capital for running a new company for 2 whole months... So I am waiting SwitchVM V2 out by the end of the next work week.

Thanked by 1Legendlink
  • TazTaz Disabled

Not commenting on that.

• @Taz said: @Alex_liquidhost I see. I really wish I had access to NH right now though.

On a side note, can I get a reply to my pm?

Sorry bout that, answered.

• @Zen said: and technical issues

This will be my only comment on this post. This is not true. I was not having technical issues at all.

Regards

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited October 2012

@dominicl said: This will be my only comment on this post. This is not true. I was not having technical issues at all.

Regards

explain to us, what happened? didn't you say this wont happen?

i do apologize on @Zen's behalf, i think he means financial issues is the only issue you have ...

@dominicl, you will never be trusted again... , so don't try to start another company in a few months time

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member
    edited October 2012

@zen

Stop mention me in your cheap popularity threads otherwise..

Give me thanks so I can make more different and amazing images.

Cheap $9/Year Hosting - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - cPanel/SolusVM/CloudLinux License - BTC/PM
    Thanked by 1Zen
  • RandyRandy Disabled
    edited October 2012

@DewlanceVPS. great art work, it looks like you. and you liked all the free "advertisement" ..

so why are you mad now?, makes no sense.. why?

• @Randy said: all the free "advertisement" .. so why are you mad now?

First we do not provide graphic design services or web design services so this is not a advertisement.

Cheap $9/Year Hosting - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - cPanel/SolusVM/CloudLinux License - BTC/PM
    Thanked by 1dominicl
  • SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

@DewlanceVPS Your sig is broken :).

Also, I may seem like an idiot, but what is "AutoBOOT"?

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• @Randy said: explain to us, what happened? didn't you say this wont happen?

Randy, and everybody else: @Zen has said it. I didn't have enough money to keep SwitchVM going. I really did want to keep it going myself, as it was going reasonably well, but obviously not well enough. NinjaHawk had already said they'd take over if I ever felt I needed to get out of the hosting industry. NH will be keeping the IOFlood server online for another month, as far as I am aware. I do apologize for what happened, but it was for the best. It is now in much better hands. That's a summary of what happened. I didn't feel I could carry it on with the funding I had.

I hope that explains things.

@Randy said: @dominicl, you will never be trusted again... , so don't try to start another company in a few months time

I won't be starting a hosting company until I'm at least 18, probably older. That is, if i'm still interested in hosting.

@DewlanceVPS said: First we do not provide graphic design services or web design services so this is not a advertisement.

Lol @ Dewlance - seriously. READ.

• jhadleyjhadley Member
    edited October 2012

ROFLCOPTER!

@SimpleNode said: Also, I may seem like an idiot, but what is "AutoBOOT"?

{sarcasm}When the node goes down and gets rebooted, the VPSs boot up automatically.{/sarcasm}

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

@jhadley said: When the node goes down and gets rebooted, the VPSs boot up automatically.

Never knew it was called AutoBOOT :P. Also, is that really a feature to advertise in your signature?

• @jhadley said: ROFLCOPTER!

Thanks for your comment..

• @dominicl said: I didn't have >enough money to keep SwitchVM going.

Sad :(

When you will build a another company?

• RandyRandy Disabled

dominicl, you are wanting to start again? when you are 18? now, you should have done that and not this time, .. i doubt anyone will trust you

@DewlanceVPS , who wants to pay for that? LOL ,

@SimpleNode , Nice Logo, i didn't know it was you after i saw your signature