Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart Questions, For High usage Download site
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart Questions, For High usage Download site

How well is SoYouStart? Before I pay and Pay setup fee.

My site is currently almost always 24/7 maxing out my 200mb port limit. So I`m going to be using 30TB+ a month of BW. On SoYouStart would they complain? or limit my port? ( I cannot have that)

Is the 250mbps guaranteed?

And yes all my files and downloads are all legit.

Comments

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

It's guaranteed 250Mbps with unmetered bandwidth.

• Guaranteed, you can burst higher than 250mbps and thats where they limit you, but I dont believe they limit you to less than 250mbps.

• Thanks! Would they shut me down or suspend for using 40TB a month?

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

@hyelton said:
    Thanks! Would they shut me down or suspend for using 40TB a month?

Unlikely, one of their main selling points is that they offer unmetered bandwidth.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Uptime good?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

hyelton said: Thanks! Would they shut me down or suspend for using 40TB a month?

No.

My kimsufis had bad network sometimes (15-30 mbit/s) but since SYS reads "guaranteed"...

• @hyelton said:
    Uptime good?

Indeed.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Thanks :) Now paying that setup fee is what kills it for me to make me want to think about it. Just renewed my current provider $38 so its a little difficult.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited May 2015

hyelton said: Thanks :) Now paying that setup fee is what kills it for me to make me want to think about it. Just renewed my current provider $38 so its a little difficult.

If you just want bandwidth slaves you could get several kimsufis :) And maybe look into cloudflare, I once read it caches even larger files

• boerndboernd Member

@4n0nx said:
    If you just want bandwidth slaves you could get several kimsufis :)

Yes, that is a great idea.
    I have 30 KS-1 here for a streaming site.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • One last question. Any advantage to ordering with SYS France? it comes out cheaper.

• And which is better, SYS-IP-1 or E3-SAT-1? difference besides CPU? the SYS are sold out.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2015

@hyelton if you're not keen to pay setup charges, perhaps a high bandwidth KVM up to 100TB, E5 3.7GHz node, will suffice. what specs would you be looking at?

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2015

@century1stop said:
    hyelton if you're not keen to pay setup charges, perhaps a high bandwidth KVM up to 100TB, will suffice. what specs would you be looking at?

2TB HD, 4GB or more of RAM, Decent CPU, Currently have a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3450 CPU

• I was really liking SYS until I seen it will prob be a week before the "120Sec" Setup time will be done for new customers.

edited May 2015

@hyelton sorry not possible for KVM, storage too high, will cost a bomb. E5s aren't cheap. SYS setup time is on condition your account is already validated.

• @century1stop said:
    hyelton sorry not possible for KVM, storage too high, will cost a bomb. E5s aren't cheap. SYS setup time is on condition your account is already validated.

How much or if possible for 500GB?

edited May 2015

@hyelton are you looking at 500GB RAID1 (this is equal to 1TB) storage or just 500GB (equals 250GB RAID1)?

• @century1stop said:
    hyelton are you looking at 500GB RAID1 (this is equal to 1TB) storage or just 500GB (equals 250GB RAID1)?

250GB RAID1

edited May 2015

@hyelton 240GB RAID1 storage | 6GB dedicated RAM | 6GB swap | 1 Gbit port (shared) | E5 3.7GHz node | Uptime SLA 99.98% | $40.56 after 20% recurring discount | Additional IPv4 $0.50 per IP | Does this meet your budget? No setup fee. Oh yea, bandwidth is guaranteed 500Mbps (shared)

you could probably have it as 2 or 3 separate servers, 1 webserver and 2 download storage server or whatever. Need not have 1 big server. we can customize the whole thing for you with total cost as mentioned.

edited May 2015

Tell you what, I'll throw in a cPanel shared hosting account (blazing fast 3.4GHz E3 node) FREE so you won't need a webserver.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

century1stop said: E5 3.7GHz node

what model number?

• @century1stop said:
    Tell you what, I'll throw in a cPanel shared hosting account (blazing fast 3.4GHz E3

node) FREE so you won't need a webserver.

Sending you a message :)