Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Automatic nullroute IP script for dedicated server. Is it possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Automatic nullroute IP script for dedicated server. Is it possible?

oalarooalaro Member
edited May 2015 in Help

So I'm hosting some game servers for our community . I got a really good price to cololocate my servers in their DC. They also gave me /27 subnet for free. Since every gameserver will have their own IP, is it possible to nullroute IP myself like vps providers do. I'm a newbie at server management, but my idea is that once I take don't have that ip on my interfaces list that means IP is nullrouted and my DC doesn't get hit with the attack. Main objective is not to cause trouble to DC. I don't care if I have some downtime on my server. All I want is to keep the deal and I don't want to be any annoyance for them with that awesome price.

Comments

• Nullrouting is only useful when it's propagated upstream, and your DC is the only entity in your case capable of doing that.

Talk to them about DDoS protection, or if they have autonull in place. It's not a good idea to host gameservers in a DC that doesn't have at least one of these.

Thanked by 1oalaro
  • oalarooalaro Member

@Wintereise said:
    Nullrouting is only useful when it's propagated upstream, and your DC is the only entity in your case capable of doing that.

Talk to them about DDoS protection, or if they have autonull in place. It's not a good idea to host gameservers in a DC that doesn't have at least one of these.

Well you basically answered my question. Thanks for info. Will contact them.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Node watch won't null route on ISPs side. It has to be handled by BGP and use communities to stop traffic before ISPs network to be effective.