Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mailing Subscriptions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mailing Subscriptions

Hi, I have one client that needs to send mailing to it's subscribers, but he has about 10.000.
He is in one of my cPanel servers.

I know mailchimp and phplist services, but I would like to know how I could offer them this mailing service without the use of external services.

I got one VPS with 6 IPs with the main intention of sending emails to subscribers, but I think it's not going to be so easy.

What are your experiences ?

What can you suggest ?

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

You can self-host PHPList. It works well. :)

• cassacassa Member

cPanel has Mailman built-in ;-)

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Well, you can't just send 10k emails today that simply, you get blacklistes before getting 1.000 emails delivered ;)

My client's list is based in mailman, I do manage it for them :)

But a problem to send emails now, SPAM is causing so many issues with massive subscription delivering !

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

KeyJey said: Well, you can't just send 10k emails today that simply, you get blacklistes before getting 1.000 emails delivered ;)

My client's list is based in mailman, I do manage it for them :)

But a problem to send emails now, SPAM is causing so many issues with massive subscription delivering !

I have never gotten blacklisted... then again I only send 100 mails at once, sometimes 4-6 times a day and all recipients (every single one) want to receive my email.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@4n0nx said:
    I have never gotten blacklisted... then again I only send 100 mails at once, sometimes 4-6 times a day and all recipients (every single one) want to receive my email.

So how does you not getting blacklisted when sending 100 mails max have anything to do with a mailing list of 10k emails daily?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Jonchun said: So how does you not getting blacklisted when sending 100 mails max have anything to do with a mailing list of 10k emails daily?

He said 1000 and I have had no problem sending up to 700 in a few hours :o 10,000 emails per day are only one every 8.6 seconds..

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Let me explain. I have two clients, every one have 10.000 (10k) subscribers, well one of them almost 7.000 (7k) and growing fast, and the other one 10.000 (10k). Both are subscribers, one is in the cPanel mailman's account and the other one has it in one forum.

They both want to send one monthly bulletin.

One don't get blacklisted if configure Exim system to send 100 emails per hour, for example, but I want to build something more robust. So I can get more cusotomers of this kind.

I was thinking about to install a phplist and try to configure it using external VPS as a smart host to deliver emails, that external VPS has 6 IPs, a good idea would be to use any script to balance IPs for it.

This was the idea .....

When I sais "1.000" I was saying as an example.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2015

Set exim to read from /etc/mailips, make a bash script to rotate the IP in the file and set it on a cron. Done :)

The syntax is like this:

domain.com: ip.add.ress

May need to "service exim reload" on rotate. Make sure PTR matches HELO set in /etc/mailhelo.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/2719765

(Sorry for mobile link)

Thanked by 34n0nx KeyJey rmlhhd
  • KeyJeyKeyJey Member

@Jar this fits more on what I'm trying to do, I'll take a look, thanks ;)