Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

GoDaddy $2.95 for .com

GoDaddy $2.95 for .com

edited October 2012 in Domains

I just found this, just in case someone want to buy another domain from GoDaddy.

Use Coupon : LKS295V

My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
Thanked by 1Spirit

Comments

• Just say no

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 1ChrisPV
  • How many times do we have to remind everybody... think of the elephants! :(

VPN.sh - Secure and affordable VPN services

Thanked by 3ihatetonyy Doel chinmoy
  • No love for PayPal, as usual. Thanks anyway, @ErawanArifNugroho. :)

I trust Namesilo for my domains. Use DOLLARLESS for $1 discount.
    Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • i need i renew coupon

• @zhaojundong said: i need i renew coupon

You need a transfer coupon.

When you find that perfect VPS, KEEP IT.

• joodlejoodle Disabled

i dont like godaddy anymore, i love name.com

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • Sorry if people don't like GoDaddy :) But I just mention it, if anyone needed to buy another domain with low price.

We can always transfer the domain after 60days. And as my experience, transferring from GoDaddy to name.com only took less than 5 hours, because we can maintain our own process and approve it directly.

As for the renew coupon, I can only find it for $40off for 5 .com : GDBBREN8

My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
  • @Andri, what do you need? Maybe I can buy it for you :D

• @ErawanArifNugroho That'd be kind of you, but I have nothing to buy right now. Thanks anyway, mate. :)

I trust Namesilo for my domains. Use DOLLARLESS for $1 discount.
  • NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

If Godaddy was offering free domains I wouldn't even visit the site

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
    Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • I was just wondering, what's with GoDaddy that you guys hate them? And why elephants? Can you guys enlighten me?

My Own Universe | ChatX IRC Network irc.chatx.net:6667
  • @LivingSouL said: I was just wondering, what's with GoDaddy that you guys hate them? And why elephants? Can you guys enlighten me?

their CEO took a video of his elephant hunt....

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself! 96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some), PM for details.

• edited October 2012

Why do you guys not realize that Bob Parsons is no longer the GoDaddy CEO?

Jesus.

Every GoDaddy thread = People saying "Their CEO is shit" when you're thinking of Bob Parsons.

I've got other reasons to not support GoDaddy, a former CEO going on a hunting trip is not one of them. Hell, if I had the opportunity to hunt an elephant and feed a village I'd probably do it to. Sounds exciting.

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

I don't see anything wrong with GoDaddy either, your paying for a service/product and if you receive that then be happy and stop moaning. There domain services is fine and people have no issues with it where as other services may not be as perfect but how many here use them for other services except domains?

Thanked by 1wdq
  • Been using Godaddy for quite a while with no issues until the last one with the DNS servers. I suppose a lot of people were angry with them and left so I suspect that this might be a ploy to get back some domains and customers. Business is business remember?

• Sopa?

vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

• I wish more people were worried about their SOPA support, which they withdrew when customers left, than what an employee did on his free time.

I guess I won't publicize my hunting trips.

PrismaVPS - Kansas City and Romania OpenVZ VPS Hosting. Plans start at $4/mo
  • "i dont like godaddy anymore, i love name.com"

I like GoDaddy when they have $2.95 domain coupons that are priced way below the $7.85 wholesale price they have to pay Verisign. I also like knowing that the #@1%! SOPA/PIPA supporters at GoDaddy will take a $4.90 loss on the transaction when the domain I purchased for $2.95 from them is transferred elsewhere before renewal time.

GoDaddy's response to security incidents leaves a little to be desired too. The howardforum.com domain name (one of the largest cell phone user forums) was hijacked last month and GoDaddy's initial response was to tell the site's owners they'd have to wait until Monday for someone to look into the theft. After a huge outpouring of negative Twitter and blog articles GoDaddy did decide to look into it before Monday (similar to the way negative publicity forced them to rethink their public support for SOPA last year) http://hubsacademy.com/933/godaddy-fails-on-howardforum-domain-theft/

Thanked by 1ChrisPV
  • NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

Yeah I also love GoDaddy because I have to pay an extra 10.99$ a year for whois protection when it comes free with a plethora of other businesses, seems legit.

• wdqwdq Member

@Nexus, I get around that by entering in all of GoDaddy's information for all of the WHOIS except the email address.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

@wdq, Well I remember doing that back in the day but I they disabled my domain because they couldn't verify my whois information one day. So I just went hell with it :P

Plus, I don't know if that is legal >_>

• @wdq I didn't know you could do that, would that be breaking the law in some way?

• wdqwdq Member

@risharde I've been doing it for years without any problems (however most of my domains aren't at GoDaddy anymore). It most likely isn't the most legal thing ever, and I'm pretty sure it also breaks the GoDaddy/ICANN terms of service.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Godaddy can do anything for popularity.(can kill innocent animals, can support anytype of bill.)

Cheap $9/Year Hosting(US/UK) - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - Hosting License - BTC/PM
  • TazTaz Disabled

I kill innocent chicken and cows for food. Screw me, right?

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• @cartoon

if they kill animals for food then I will avoid to use their service at any cost

Cheap $9/Year Hosting(US/UK) - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - Hosting License - BTC/PM
  • TazTaz Disabled

I am warrior!

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• Certain animals were made for food, ever had a delicious steak?

• Certain animals where made for food but we're humans and we're not a animal who can't live without eating animals.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

LOL I don't know what to say

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@DewlanceVPS said: we're humans and we're not a animal who can't live without eating animals.

@DewlanceVPS Vegans/Vegetarians?

PS. We are animals even though you may think not

IMO you should stop posting

• @DewlanceVPS if no there was no killing the food chain would be messed up! it is actually needed no matter what

• TazTaz Disabled
    edited October 2012

How man provider out here who can claim they are full vegan (including their staffs)? I think per dewlances comment, he should no longer stay online.

• Yeah, good luck with being a frail and fragile human. Vegans. =]

image This dinner would not of been nearly as good if it wasn't for the BBQ beef.

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

• Gotta have my meat.

• Please, stop killing trees! Eat animals!

Referral links: DigitalOcean referral link | Free 15GB with Copy | Get 500MB free with Dropbox | I sell domains with Google Apps, $0.50 p/ user
  • Save a leaf, eat some beef.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member
    edited October 2012

lol, who want to eat animals?

• @Taz I kill innocent chicken and cows for food. Screw me, right?

I must be going to hell. I hunt deer every year to provide for my family. I also hunt birds such as grouse and ducks. Guess I am not getting any customers now for that.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MannDude Hell, if I had the opportunity to hunt an elephant and feed a village I'd probably do it to. Sounds exciting.

@MannDude this was to feed a village? Then more power to him.