Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 3x 512mb KVM VPS, IPv4 and IPv6, different US locations - only for DNS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 3x 512mb KVM VPS, IPv4 and IPv6, different US locations - only for DNS

I'm looking to expand my DNS redundancy so would like 3 VPS in different US locations.

512mb
KVM
1x IPv4
1x IPv6

Looking for ~$2.50 per month each (paid yearly is fine as well), these will only be used as DNS servers, no web, no file hosting, no anything other than DNS.

I will be digging through the offers section, but any recommendations or offers would be welcome.

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/budget-vps.html

$11/year in LA. Had a NAT VPS from them and can't complain. It just works. :D

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

We can offer a 512MB RAM KVM VPS at $3.75 per month (I know you requested $2.50, sorry)

This would be hosted in Phoenix, Arizona. Comes with 6GB Pure SSD storage and DDoS protection.

We have 256MB RAM plans at $1.87 per month if you are interested. PM me if you would like to discuss any of the offers.

Discount code: Blaze25

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If you can live without the IPv6 for a while, here is a great offer from an established and reliable provider:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/52713/ultravps-com-55-off-annual-plans-fast-kvm-vps-ssd-disk-512mb-ssd-vps-18-year

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @davidgestiondbi has Montreal, New Jersey and Los Angeles he should be able to do something ;)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • DanielBDanielB Member

Thanks for all the recommendations so far, I'm looking into a few of them.

The requirements I posted are not optional though, I need IPv6 and KVM, so while the other recommendations are nice, they won't work for me :).

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

If you find any 512MB KVMs for 2.50/mth that do not have huge drawbacks let me know.

I use Runabove Sandbox and its 2.50/mth for a 2GB KVM that is pretty awesome most of the time (disk I/O sometimes goes lower than I would like.) (OVH BHS - Montreal)

Mycustomhosting has yearly 512MB KVMs for $18/yr but they use RAID0 + SSD Cache for their storage and after a good long run they just had 2 or 3 nodes lose all data during reboots for a security update. It's fine as long as you keep backups and are ready to rebuild/restore the vps yourself if it ever pukes.

I guess your best bet might be to wait for a bottom feeder to show up and offer you the $2.50 price. Most bottom feeders stick to OpenVZ though or they use datacenters that refuse to implement ipv6.

If you up your budget to $5/mth and never want to worry about your DNS servers going down you could go with DigitalOcean or Vultr or Ramnode.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

If you are willing to accept openvz, our latest offer would fit your bill. 1GB RAM , IPv6 $24 per year

@Awmusic12635 said:
    If you are willing to accept openvz, our latest offer would fit your bill. 1GB RAM , IPv6 $24 per year

He already stated that he wasnt willing to take it. nice spam!

• DanielBDanielB Member
    edited May 2015

I forgot to mention on my previous post that I'm willing to do more than $2.50 per month, that's the one aspect I can alter a bit :). But trying to keep as low as I can since I still have to include the cost of an interworx license into the total cost of the server.

I'm currently hosting my DNS VPS's with HVH, it's the only thing I use them for since it's just DNS, but would like to start moving it away from the ColoCrossing network. That's why I'm looking for something. I'm currently paying $2.50 per month with them. HVH has been good to me other than tons of short downtimes which is the main reason I'm looking to move.

Backups, etc, I'm not worried about at all (I don't back the current ones up). They are simply a barebones install of centos/interworx, pretty much all services except DNS and security are shutdown and my production servers just sync DNS to them.

I currently use RamNode for my production servers, so if I don't find another decent host to fill the need, I will end up just going with them. Just wanted to see what else might be out there to maybe move my eggs out of one basket.

Get DigitalOcean NY3 location and Vultr New Jersey location and maybe their Chicago location. $5 for 512/768MB KVMs with ipv4+ipv6.
    Awesome networks and stability. Maybe you could go with 2 servers instead of 3... cuz its SOooooo good..

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I may be able to work out something for you in Los Angeles on our new KVM node. Contact us if interested: http://krkn.pw/contact