Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone successful sue spammers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone successful sue spammers?

StevieStevie Member

I never done this, and I doubt I can sue this spammer since I am located in USA and the offender company is in china, I have proof I never signed up for there emails/spam and I have 11 spam emails in which I opted out but yet they are still sending spam.

As a us citizens how can I go about suing them?

Comments

• Don't waste your time. You'll never get anything.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • StevieStevie Member

@rajprakash

I figured but just wanted to ask.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Just create a filter or mark it has spam and be done with it.

People are too sue happy

• Nothing, Chinese laws are lack in spamming.

• This guy did it and won:

http://www.revk.uk/search/label/SPAM

• ATHKATHK Member

@Stevie

How long ago did you unsub? Some unsub pages have a little notice saying X amount of time until it actually happens and you may receive emails before it obviously goes through.

I unsubbed from one legit company and it noted 2-3 weeks..

• What would you get out of suing them though? It'd probably cost you more time / money / effort. Definitely not worth it.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I was considering to sue humblebundle for one unsolicited spam mail. Not because of ONE spam mail, but because I use aliases and the only way I can now get spam is when the ONE company which has my address/alias sends it. But in the end I just sent them angry "feedback", which remained unanswered. Needless to say, I will not be buying any more bundles and disabled my humblebundle alias.

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited May 2015

4n0nx said: I was considering to sue humblebundle for one unsolicited spam mail.

I also use an aliases, but haven't seen any spam - just the humble promotions.

• Nothing will happen, you can mark it as spam or block it instead of spending $$$tosue the spammer.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Silvenga said: I also use an aliases, but haven't seen any spam - just the humble promotions.

I did not subscribe to their newsletters and they never sent me one. The spam mail was about a sale of a certain game because I had apparently purchased a bundle with the previous game of that series. o.O

It's not worth suing but if every company did that...

• StevieStevie Member

Thanks all, I thought you could make money suing them lol - I did not know it will cost more to start the case - oh well :-/

• dariobldariobl Member

If i could sue spammers i could make a living by doing it lol, i'm getting tons of spams daily on my private and business emails, at last 100 spam emails daily, sometimes when i notice that people are constantly spamming me same shit or even worse, when those indian "seo companies" ask me 10 times if i read their email i report them to their ISP, hosting provider and report to spamcop, that's most i can do, but sometimes i realize it's easier to add their domain to my blocklist than wasting my time sending reports against them.