Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Terminate Server - How
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Terminate Server - How

emghemgh Member

Hello,

I'm about to get my first Kimsufi server - ever.

Is it easy to terminate them if i do not want them anymore? Anyone can show a screenshot if were to navigate?

Thanks,
emgh

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

You just don't renew and it cancels.

Thanked by 1Fidde
  • mine cancelled half a month later.

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2015

@Ishaq said:
    You just don't renew and it cancels.
    @dlaxotn2 said:
    mine cancelled half a month later.

They seem to save credit card details...

Are you sure?

• @emgh said:

They seem to save credit card details...

Remove it then, if you don't pay the bill it terminates itself

• emghemgh Member

@HyperSpeed said:
    Remove it then, if you don't pay the bill it terminates itself

Okay. I will ask in their Forum too before i order to make sure.

Thanks everyone!

• In my case I have the option to cancel.

• It used to be simple: just do not pay and the server will be cancelled (did this once in the past), but it seems they changed it some time ago.

You can (should ?) now cancel before the 20the of the month:

see http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1067115/#Comment_1067115 (comment of xyz of May 4th).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

There is no way to cancel it, so just let it expire.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Think have to cancel in panel now instead of letting it run out. Not sure...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Some regions have a cancellation option. I'm not sure which ones. Ordering from the U.S. I know you still just let it expire and that's your cancellation.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I just let a KS-3 expire a little over a month ago, it was terminated mid-month IIRC.

• I don't have the cancel option within my Kimsufi UK so therefore I'm not sure why other's have it

• emghemgh Member

I gotta order from FR. Someone knows how it is there?

• xyzxyz Member
    edited May 2015

If they're asking to save credit card details, I suspect you're being opted into automatic renewals. With the manual renewals, I had to enter in details every time the billing period came.

I couldn't remove the CC once it was added - get an error saying that you can't remove your primary payment method. I suspect that they just force you to have at least one CC listed so that their automatic renewal works.

With automatic renewals, you obviously need to cancel it yourself - can't just let it lapse since they'll keep auto billing you.
    In my case, I ordered from .fr and I happen to have an expired card listed, so they couldn't auto bill me when I wanted to cancel. I've decided to just leave it as be to see what happens; it seems that my server got suspended on the 13th. Checking the panel now, this is what I get just after logging in:

Presumably, the message will go away once the server fully cancels (they give you some time to fix the issue before wiping the server), though if the debt stays in the account, it could make ordering future servers a pain.

Of course, this is just my suspicion - it's weird that I seem to be the only one noticing this. In either case, if you're fine with cancelling before the 20th, it shouldn't be an issue.

• emghemgh Member

@xyz said:
    If they're asking to save credit card details, I suspect you're being opted into automatic renewals. With the manual renewals, I had to enter in details every time the billing period came.

I couldn't remove the CC once it was added - get an error saying that you can't remove your primary payment method. I suspect that they just force you to have at least one CC listed so that their automatic renewal works.

With automatic renewals, you obviously need to cancel it yourself - can't just let it lapse since they'll keep auto billing you.
    In my case, I ordered from .fr and I happen to have an expired card listed, so they couldn't auto bill me when I wanted to cancel. I've decided to just leave it as be to see what happens; it seems that my server got suspended on the 13th. Checking the panel now, this is what I get just after logging in:

Presumably, the message will go away once the server fully cancels (they give you some time to fix the issue before wiping the server), though if the debt stays in the account, it could make ordering future servers a pain.

Of course, this is just my suspicion - it's weird that I seem to be the only one noticing this. In either case, if you're fine with cancelling before the 20th, it shouldn't be an issue.

Well, i know one that lived in France so i thought i could just enter his old details. It did go well until Phone Number... So now i'm looking for an alternative provider.

• easy to cancel. within a week

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@antiycda wut? They needed nearly 20 Days to respond to my ticket, which brings it to 3 weeks.

• don't know in these days.i have already left them several months ago

@Infinity580 said:
    antiycda wut? They needed nearly 20 Days to respond to my ticket, which brings it to 3 weeks.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

I think you should cancel 2-3 weeks before the next invoice. Check the terms not sure if it was kimsufi or online.net

• emghemgh Member

@BuyAds said:
    I think you should cancel 2-3 weeks before the next invoice. Check the terms not sure if it was kimsufi or online.net

Well, i know one that lived in France so i thought i could just enter his old details. It did go well until Phone Number... So now i'm looking for an alternative provider.

• xyzxyz Member

Do they actually check the phone number though?

• emghemgh Member

@xyz said:
    Do they actually check the phone number though?

My friend says they don't. But if they see i use a false number they will probaby terminate my servers. And i don't want that to happend if i have clients on them.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

emgh said: Well, i know one that lived in France so i thought i could just enter his old details. It did go well until Phone Number... So now i'm looking for an alternative provider.

• emghemgh Member

@jvnadr said:

Haha! Super fun! no...