Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• @swsnyder said: Now it is Oct 9th and still no VPS.

Maybe one of us inferior hosts can solve your problem ;)

Thanked by 2Ash_Hawkridge netomx
  • @miTgiB said: Maybe one of us inferior hosts can solve your problem ;)

Their 128 KVM costs $12/y, yours is $30. So it only makes sense at 1/3rd of the uptime. Simple maths!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @averell said: So it only makes sense at 1/3rd of the uptime.

Well I could write a cron to null route them 16 hours a day......

• @miTgiB said: Well I could write a cron to null route them 16 hours a day......

There you go, implementing your own superior infrastructure already!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • BrandonBrandon Member
    edited October 2012

@averell said: Their 128 KVM costs $12/y, yours is $30. So it only makes sense at 1/3rd of the uptime. Simple maths!

True true.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

The VPS did have some issues in Florida.
    Our Dallas move will fix all of these issues, after setting up extensive anti-abuse tools we shouldn't have any downtime on the servers.
    We are also introducing a 100% network uptime SLA

• uptime is one thing, and non-measurable I/O is another.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • SpencerSpencer Member
    edited October 2012

:(

• VPS should be online, if yours isn't please submit a ticket

Thank you

• @chrisk: impossibru. Mine is still offline.

• 100% Uptime SLA? Good luck after all this mess..

• @Jeffrey said: 100% Uptime SLA? Good luck after all this mess..

100% Network SLA Chris said. I assume this is just referring to the data center.

• reminds me of @HostBluff with their cat SEO hosting and 101% downtime SLA

Thanked by 2netomx eastonch
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

The 100% SLA will be pushing it... Maybe 90% seems more possible at this time and sounds like a nice goal to achieve.

Anyway, enough with the jokes - hope you've resolved your problems, shit tends to happen from time to time to everyone (however the whole situation sounds just a little bit fishy to me).

• @ChrisK, can you please tell us about your superior infrastructure? It'd be a good reference for everyone to learn from :)

• SoftLayer ?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@apollo15 said: SoftLayer ?

pffff! SoftLayer's got nothin' on Avante!

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited October 2012

the month sept/oct seems to be a bad month. 2 of my vps died around the same time. I mean like really died with no support ticket or whatsoever.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

@Nick_A
    Thanks for your thoughtful comment.
    But please stay out of this, and focus your attention on your oversold VZ nodes.
    If its not oversold than why is KVM 2x the price?

• @cosmicgate
    We do our best to answer tickets in a timely manner.
    We will credit you for the downtime you experienced.

• @concerto49
    Having redundant switches/routers, diverse fiber paths / multiple upstreams.
    And redundant power

• @ChrisK said: Having redundant switches/routers, diverse fiber paths / multiple upstreams.

And redundant power

Are we talking about each server having redundant network connected and dual psu or the DC? If it's the DC then it's quite the norm these days.

• Redundant network yes, some will have redundant PSU.
    The DC does have redundancy on the A side but there is a B side.
    I'm sure you're aware.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

He's missing the point where we're one of the cheapest SSD KVM VPS providers around. It's all about matching competitor pricing buddy. But I will go back to watching my "oversold VZ nodes" staying online and serving clients. Good luck!

• @ChrisK,

Want to sell yet? Seems like this "superior infrastructure" really as you in a bind with more issues than solutions.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for your thoughtful comment.
    But please stay out of this, and focus your attention on your oversold VZ nodes.
    If its not oversold than why is KVM 2x the price?

Seems like thats all he likes to say to any provider. I got the same response out of him. Truth be told only myself and Jeremiah know how our nodes are ( great of course ) but its out in the public that you cannot even keep anyone online the past few weeks. Ill stick with my working network and keep letting you think your "superior" ;-)

Why didnt you just move everything to Chicago and get that cage you were talking about in Equinix. You know someone on the board there right? Bahaha

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

No IPv6 for colo ? Gee :o
    As for Avante picking on ramnode that is fun :) Nick certainly has the need to badmouth competition otherwise nobody would buy from him... So Avante thinks...
    Many ppl think ramnode delivers some of the fastest machines in the market, LEB or not, if they can do that overselling, great ! We have gods among us, I bow to Nick. ChrisK, you should learn the trade from Nick, if not to deliver such quality as that is an art and magic, at least how to keep your nodes up as that is all we can hope at your level.
    M

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @ChrisK You're in no position to bad mouth other companies buddy :')

• My KVM VPS went down about 6 days ago, now it is online but the hard disk has been wiped, I have sent support tickets and I always get responces like "It's online now" or "We'll look into it" but nothing has changed. It would be very pleasant to get my hard disk back since i stored important backups on it.

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

@Jack
    Our XEN VPS and MC is the same price.
    I don't know how big Nick's customer base is, but when you have thousands of clients its nearly impossible to keep all of them happy

$4.00/monthly Minecraft clients are the one's who tend to complain the loudest.

I can't wait for our new SSD VPS, not only 1/2 price of Ramnode's KVM they are 2x the disk i/o speed and run on E5-1620's!