Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Any $1 domain registrars?

Any $1 domain registrars?

RurikoRuriko Member
edited October 2012 in Domains

Anyone know any registrars selling $1 domains? any extension is acceptable. Please don't recommend me 1&1 they are horrible

Tagged:

Comments

• I use http://tuxlite.com to configure all my VPSes and I love it!

• @Ruriko said: Anyone know any registrars selling $1 domains? any extension is acceptable. Please don't recommend me 1&1 they are horrible

Do you not have $10 or so per year to spend on a domain? If you don't then why are you on LET?

Seriously, $10 per year isn't going to break the bank. Go with a reputable registrar such as Namecheap and use a coupon from Namecheapcoupons.com to make it just under $10.

Thanks

• The only reason I want $1 domains is I plan to buy in bulk so it's cheaper that way

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited October 2012

@dominicl said: Do you not have $10 or so per year to spend on a domain? If you don't then why are you on LET?

I fail to see the logic here. If a person wants to save money, they will be on LEB/LET, where else would they be? ._. And also if you have even like 5-10 domains, it quickly adds up. Not to mention many people have more, and those domains don't necessarily earn money (they are for various hobbies).

• I'm not planning to renew the domains :)

• @Ruriko said: The only reason I want $1 domains is I plan to buy in bulk so it's cheaper that way

@Ruriko said: I'm not planning to renew the domains :)

Ah fair enough, sorry for the assumption @rm_ @Ruriko

• @dominicl said: Do you not have $10 or so per year to spend on a domain? If you don't then why are you on LET?

I'm not sure what your point is, especially coming from someone that used 1 month free servers for hosting.

Everyone can look for what they want.

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
  • RandyRandy Disabled

@dominicl, you are referring to yourself? 1$ on a domain is reasonable but spending on a low cost crappy server for your customers is not acceptable

• @Liam - that's true. I have apologized for that!

@Randy - they're not "crappy". They're perfectly good for what I need. No customers have complained, in fact, the opposite.

• @Liam said: for $1.99 a year; no experience with them though and their site looks outdated. http://hostingdude.com/

looks like reseller of gomummy :P

Domain Name: HOSTINGDUDE.COM Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, LLC Whois Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com Referral URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com

• @Liam said: Networksolutions has them for $3 max purchase 3.

Coupon please :D It is for new or old customer?

Thanked by 1DannyAlex
  • Ait ?

"I Always Happy ! The Secret Is, When Something Bad Happens, I Always Yell : Eeee... Macarena !!" :D

• @Rikimaru90 said: Ait ?

Ait promotion ended :D

• Ew... too fast... :D How about yahoo domain? I think there's still a 1.99 coupon..

"I Always Happy ! The Secret Is, When Something Bad Happens, I Always Yell : Eeee... Macarena !!" :D

• Why be so cheap on your domain purchase? Using a good register for $10/yr can save you a lot of headache and it's just a couple pennies a day.

You'll spend more time trying to transfer out or spend more money on the fees they'll charge you on the renewal.

ByteOnSite :: Affordable cloud VPS, 7 years of experience

• Like i said I don't plan to renew :)

• inwx.de, 1€ .eu domains

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited October 2012

@vdnet said: Why be so cheap on your domain purchase? Using a good register for $10/yr can save you a lot of headache and it's just a couple pennies a day.

Because I might have 10-15 domains, that's up to $150 or $200 per year considering exotic TLDs, still pennies for you?

• http://slickdeals.net/f/5327848-1-Domain-Name-at-Network-Solutions-limit-3

99 cents @ Network Solutions but you have to be very very careful that you dont let them renew @ $38 or whatever ridiculous price they have in store for you after the first year.

• Just a big note with Network Solutions, be sure to not let "Automatic Renew" clicked. It will renew at $35 if I remember it.

My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited October 2012

Can't you simply not leave your card to them, pay via Paypal? (checked, they do support Paypal). Also $9.99 whois privacy, what a ripoff...

• You can get .in, .info, etc at $2 or $3 :)

Cheap $9/Year Hosting - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - cPanel/SolusVM/CloudLinux License - BTC/PM
  • does Network Solutions lock your account if you put a fake phone number? cause I heard they spam call you a lot

• So sad I can't use paypal unless I have linked it with a credit card :(

• I live in Australia so I can't use register.com :(

• @Chan said: GoDaddy $2 Coupon: http://www.godaddy.com/domains/search.aspx?isc=GOFB006A

I'd rather eat shit but thanks for sharing :)

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
    Thanked by 2alex marcm
  • register.com $0.75 godaddy(cyber monday 1weekoffer) $1.17 1and1 $0.99

• @mleo1 said: register.com $0.75

Any coupon code for this? And this is for new or old customer? :D

• @giang said: Any coupon code for this? And this is for new or old customer? :D

this used to be the link > https://register.com/promo/domain-to-website-v2b.rcmx . Not sure if it works now.

And the coupon was : reg075uj

• register.com - renewal domains cost $35 and they require photo id if you try to transfer out 1and1 -- they are well known to provide very bad service with lots of bad reviews

• In order to get auth code from register.com to transfer out, use this complaint form will be faster:

http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

choose:

Transfer Problems - Auth Codes Locked Domain Fraudulent Transfer Registrar Denied Transfer

[“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”]

• I was able to get an auth code from register.com a few months ago simply by calling and asking nicely.

"We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

InternetBS does not allow transfer before 60days.,

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• @jcaleb that's ICANN rules

Selling multiple 2000-user GApps :) Shoot me a message to make an offer.

• craigbcraigb Member
    edited November 2012

@ruriko @smile93 can registrars reasonably demand photo id for xfers? Personally, I think it's nonsense if they do but I've complied in the past to get a domain transferred. Does internic frown on that practice? I.e if you raise a complaint with internic in response to a registrar requesting photo id..will Internic overrule the registrar?

"Go cheap on rarely used things"