Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 would be the "last version" however will keep generating updates and new features!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows 10 would be the "last version" however will keep generating updates and new features!

ShivamShivam Member
edited May 2015 in General

Haha!

Nothing to be scared about.

However Microsoft will stop at windows 10 what do you think about it!

Cheers

What do you think?
  1. What do you think?74 votes
    1. Oh No!
      16.22%
    2. I don't really care
      44.59%
    3. I don't mind
      14.86%
    4. Plenty fish in the sea.
      24.32%

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

It's not like they are stopping development.... It just becomes more of a service model

• Awmusic12635 said: It just becomes more of a service model

Agree with you. Hints are already given

• You have hit it. No more can be achieved with this current hardware. Look at the S6 we hit the wall now. We need a HARDWARE advance, software is at its limit pretty much.

• Its probably just a way to reduce piracy. Each system is registered with Microsoft and they push signed updates to the system, more than likely with a monthly charge.

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • tdaletdale Member

Now what SP8000 will cost 149.99?

• DennisDDennisD Member
    edited May 2015

Windows won't come to a stop, they are just going to do more regular updates instead of a big update every x years (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1). This is a good thing. Your poll makes no sense at all. Get your facts straight before making a topic and post some more detailed information.

Thanked by 1Sady
  • WilliamWilliam Member

You have hit it. No more can be achieved with this current hardware. Look at the S6 we hit the wall now. We need a HARDWARE advance, software is at its limit pretty much.

wtf...? Moores law is still applicable - CPU performance doubles all few years. This never changed and probably never will if Intel can again cut down a few nm in the wafer process.

• ShivamShivam Member

Read what i said IT WILL STOP AT 10... Therefore no windows 11 @DennisD don't need to vote. Of course they will do regular updates they said that on BBC.

• DennisDDennisD Member
    edited May 2015

@Shivam said:
    Read what i said IT WILL STOP AT 10... Therefore no windows 11 DennisD don't need to vote. Of course they will do regular updates they said that on BBC.

Then why don't you make that clear in your post? Better yet, post a link to that BBC article. The options in your poll are ridiculous, "Plenty fish in the sea", this option implies that people might have to look for a new operating system because Windows will cease to exist.

• @William said:
    wtf...? Moores law is still applicable - CPU performance doubles all few years. This never changed and probably never will if Intel can again cut down a few nm in the wafer process.

On about more than just CPU.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Shivam said:
    Read what i said IT WILL STOP AT 10... Therefore no windows 11 DennisD don't need to vote. Of course they will do regular updates they said that on BBC.

Your topic title is misleading and sensationalist. You're a terrible person, I hope you're aware of that.

• WilliamWilliam Member

link? RAM performance doubles as well. SSDs are even higher in performance increase per year.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @William said:
    link? RAM performance doubles as well. SSDs are even higher in performance increase per year.

more

• Like IE to Edge, maybe Windows 10 is last Version and then release Doors 1.0.

Thanked by 2TheKiller elflord
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    more

No, it's your turn - I proved you wrong, now do the same (if you can, which i doubt).

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Shivam said: Read what i said IT WILL STOP AT 10... Therefore no windows 11 @DennisD don't need to vote. Of course they will do regular updates they said that on BBC.

You do understand that this is because they are moving to a "rolling updates" model, similar to what modern web browsers already have?

No, Windows isn't "stopping" - they're just no longer going to increment the version numbers. That's something completely different.

Thanked by 3netomx MikePT Mark_R
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Of course it's all just discussion at this point. Microsoft has been talking about moving to a more "subscription-like" service since the early 2000s.

• @William said:
    No, it's your turn - I proved you wrong, now do the same (if you can, which i doubt).

I'm talking more new that upgrade. Thats why I'm saying more. We need to get something brand new in the hw. Something......... new.

• rds100rds100 Member

If they make it subscribtion based for something like $5 or $10/year this will probably put an end to the piracy. But i think they are much more greedy than this.

• @rds100 said:
    If they make it subscribtion based for something like $5 or $10/year this will probably put an end to the piracy. But i think they are much more greedy than this.

More like $100/yr

Maybe $10/yr for developing countries

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cassacassa Member

Where's the Yeah! option?

• rds100rds100 Member

For $100/year it will soon become irrelevant. Many people will switch to something else.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ShivamShivam Member

@Nekki Happy?

• @rds100 said:
    For $100/year it will soon become irrelevant. Many people will switch to something else.

It's about the price of a one time windows license which is current for mostly three years, so to have them get some profit they could offer it for about $35/a. Bundled with Office there might also be a discounted offer, too.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@rds100 said:

Companies will not

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited May 2015

@rds100 said:

I would. I hate to pay for everything monthly. I want to buy stuff once, then enjoy it. If it gets too old or breaks, I buy something new. Guess I'm just old and can't keep up with the times anymore.

• rds100rds100 Member

netomx said: Companies will not

Governments in EU are already moving to open source solutions only. Some companies too.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Shivam said:
    Nekki Happy?

Not really, you forgot that forum thread titles aren't Twitter #twitterhashtagfail

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2015

webcraft said: It's about the price of a one time windows license which is current for mostly three years, so to have them get some profit they could offer it for about $35/a. Bundled with Office there might also be a discounted offer, too.

The lower the price, the more sales they will have. If the price is something like $10/year them many of the current pirates will buy genuine licenses.
    Besides direct income from licenses is not the only way to generate revenue. Ask google. Android is free, but they make tons of money from their app store, etc.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@rds100 said:

That'll never happen. Microsoft doesn't profit that much from home users, but from enterprise clients.