Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edis Austria DDoS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Edis Austria DDoS protection

So it seems Edis has DDoS protection on their Austria DC.

http://www.edis.at/en/server/dedicated-root-server/austria/

Anyone have any details?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@cloromorpho he is gone from edis long time ago, why should he have internal details?

• who knows

• Wish I could have a trial from @william #lol

• You wont get a trial from him as he doesn't work for them anymore...and personally I do belive that he's already annoyed to always get tagged for such things..just my 2 cents

• ShivamShivam Member

I dont think william works at edis?

• J1021J1021 Member

William doesn't work for EDIS anymore. IIRC EDIS won't release any details on the protection.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2015

I don't work at EDIS anymore, but from what i know the protection is mainly done upstream wise (ACLs to drop specific traffic patterns) and with some hardware local (I know which but won't name it) - Total limit of scrubbed traffic (not dropped by ACL) should be the upstream capacity of EDIS in Vienna, few 10G (Retn total only has 40GE in Vienna (20G to FRA and 20G to Budapest) and so does Atrato/Hibernia (40G to FRA, 20G to Prague (in theory, this link does not exist yet according to them)) , so go figure).

EDIS probably won't release any information about what HW is used and how much total capacity is.

My recommendation for DDoS protection is Voxility by a reseller (Ginernet, BuyVM), far more capacity (even if the 500Gbit are "niced" numbers, realistic still 200G+) and good L7 as well.

Thanked by 2cloromorpho jmginer