Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS Dedicated server provisioning

edited May 2015 in Providers

I've recently paid for a dedi box on DelimiterVPS [05/03/2015] and then I've opened a ticket asking about provisioning date because site doesn't mentioned any. But their support is bit harsh for me.

They've closed the first ticket saying it's wrong department even without directing me to correct department. Then I've opened a ticket on correct department (duh...)

Dedicated servers are provisioned in 1-3 working days from order acceptance. If you ordered the server outside of business hours or during a weekend/holiday then your order will be reviewed on the next working day.

So this means I've ordered my dedi on 3rd of May. Today is 8th of May. I do accept that provisioning a dedi box can be time consuming. But ignoring support ticket is something else.

How was your experience with Delimiter VPS ? (Only reason I've trusted them was Mark Turner)

[Sorry about my bad english - I'm not a native english speaker]

Comments

• stay waiting for 11/5/2015 if they not send detail login you can complaint about your product... i think..

• @MarkTurner

Experience there is good once its all setup and going.

• My server status still pending since 04/28/2015. Open ticket (#548831) for refund, no respon. :(

• evilghaleon said: He answered you in the other thread. Tuesday + 3 days = today.

Yes. I did a small mistake here. I'm on +5.30(LKA time zone) so it's 8.45PM here. But it's still 11.50AM in USA.

• BruceBruce Member

ticket dept should be order management, but I have been successful previously with a simple "please update on delivery ETA" to dedicated server tech support.

• Bruce said: previously with a simple "please update on delivery ETA"

Not for me. Until now. Most people reviewed their service as really good. It's something

• I opened a ticket to request IPv6 7 days ago, nobody replied to me.

• BruceBruce Member

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    I opened a ticket to request IPv6 7 days ago, nobody replied to me.

did you use "IP allocation requests" dept?

in any case, bump the ticket :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sdglhm said:
    Yes. I did a small mistake here. I'm on +5.30(LKA time zone) so it's 8.45PM here. But it's still 11.50AM in USA.

That means today ain't over yet. You probably just got your order put to the back of the queue for insolence.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    I opened a ticket to request IPv6 7 days ago, nobody replied to me.

Well, wrong department bro. You need to contact ARIN

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@comXyz said:
    Well, wrong department bro. You need to contact ARIN

Got a subnet provisioned in timeframe of a couple of hours. Actually, presale support has been the best I so far have encountered in the industry.

• Nekki said: queue for insolence

OK. This means ignoring client tickets are OK ?

comXyz said: You need to contact ARIN

DO supports ipv6 via their control panel

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sdglhm said:
    OK. This means ignoring client tickets are OK ?

Ignoring insolent tickets is a widely accepted practice as I understand it.

Thanked by 2netomx MikePT
  • Nekki said: insolent tickets is a widely accepted practice

Oh. You mean it's rude to ask a customer eta of his dedi provision. Well, what a world to live on. I didn't mentioned that DM guys are bad. I've just stated few things that I've faced.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2015

@sdglhm said:
    Oh. You mean it's rude to ask a customer eta of his dedi provision. Well, what a world to live on. I didn't mentioned that DM guys are bad. I've just stated few things that I've faced.

I mean that if I'd given you a timescale for delivery and and you prompted for an update ahead of that timescale, I'd derack your server, take it outside, cover it in lighter fuel and then set it alight, then I'd take a photo and send it to you.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@sdglhm said:

And then you opened a thread on LET.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • BruceBruce Member

@Nekki said:
    I'd derack your server, take it outside, cover it in lighter fuel and then set it alight

that should only be done on colo servers :)

• I really wanted to like their service because @markturner seems like a nice guy but after waiting over a week with little to no communication I cant recommend them.

• Nekki said: I mean that if I'd given you a timescale for delivery and and you prompted for an update ahead of that timescale, I'd derack your server, take it outside, cover it in lighter fuel and then set it alight, then I'd take a photo and send it to you.

They haven't gave me a time scale. Just some numbers. Normally we do this thing at this.... But no estimated date. I don't care it it delayed for one or two weeks. If only they've given me proper date in numbers. [BTW- lighter fluid = butane, which means it's more easy to use propane to light it up (only drawback is it's boiling point is around 40'C or something) ]

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sdglhm said:
    They haven't gave me a time scale. Just some numbers. Normally we do this thing at this.... But no estimated date. I don't care it it delayed for one or two weeks. If only they've given me proper date in numbers. [BTW- lighter fluid = butane, which means it's more easy to use propane to light it up (only drawback is it's boiling point is around 40'C or something) ]

You've made the horrible mistake of taking me seriously.

Thanked by 3netomx Pwner MikePT
  • tr1cky said: And then you opened a thread on LET.

Yes. It's the only way that I know eta's forum members got.

Bruce said: colo servers :)

Ha Ha... Yeah. Burning down your own server is a type of madness. Consulting a psychologist will help with anger management

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Bruce said:
    that should only be done on colo servers :)

You can far more fun with those. Ship the fucker back with a live raccoon in it and enough food to keep it going on its journey.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • Nekki said: me seriously.

Nope. Never. Fulfilled with bit sarcasm ;)

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@sdglhm Delimitalk: We're all busy to provision your server, Mr.A is cleaning the RAM, Mr.B is welding CPU. So no one can help you when you open ticket to wrong department, and no one can reply you when you open ticket to correct department.

You should talk to your representatives on LET instead.

Good luck.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Nekki said: Ship the fucker back with a live raccoon in it and enough food to keep it going on its journey.

Or ship it filled with garbage (locked inside a zip bag)

In here (Sri Lanka) it's hard to open our own DC because of shitty network providers.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Just PM @MarkTurner and be nice...

• comXyz said: wrong department

Yeah that was my mistake. As soon as I've found it out. I've sent an apology for them.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • netomx said: be nice...

I haven't complained their service on a bad way. But it maybe nice to reply tickets as it's the only legit way to communicate with the company. If someone pinged me about anything about my company, I personally ask him to place a support ticket.

• I've recently paid for a dedi box on DelimiterVPS [05/03/2015] and then I've opened a ticket asking

I've been resisting the urge to respond to this. But it seems that I just spend most of my life copy/pasting the same thing. Leadtime is upto 3 business days from order acceptance. So if you ordered it on 3rd, then it would be reviewed on Tuesday, then 3 business days Wednesday/Thursday/Friday.

So under usual circumstances your last day for delivery would be close of business (EDT) today.

You've even copied/pasted the auto response that explains this.