Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No desktop allowed in Linux - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No desktop allowed in Linux

Comments

• inverseinverse Member
    edited October 2012

@zhuanyi said: Agreed and I am sure some torrent packages could run on command lines as well...

>

rtorrent with with wtorrent/rutorrent web interface is a prime example

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Our position was the same as some of the providers here who blocks certain country on their order form because their country has higher fraud/spam/abuse rate.

Hum. If you were right, then:
    1. ppl whcih allow all countries cant last long;
    2. ppl which allow all countries cant be cheap;
    3. ppl which allow almost everything will have bad performance and abuse;
    4. ppl which allow almost everything will be expensive since they need top notch hardware;
    5. ppl in Europe are even more hit because the law protects the customer;
    6. ppl which allow almost everything will be kicked by law and their DC.
    Yet some survive and thrive in Europe with low prices, good service and happy customers. ALL of them !
    I think that is magic... Or less greed ?
    You decide.
    M

• TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: 1. ppl whcih allow all countries cant last long;

2. ppl which allow all countries cant be cheap;
    3. ppl which allow almost everything will have bad performance and abuse;
    4. ppl ppl which allow almost everything will be expensive since they need top notch hardware;
    5. ppl in Europe are even more hit because the law protects the customer;
    Yet some survive and thrive in Europe with low prices, good service and happy customers. ALL happy !
    I think that is magic... Or less greed ?

You are great and twisting words. But here is a fact, 3 of the pretty well known host here blocks indonesia, china and india. Simple country block and I have verified that. I am not going to expose anyone so don't ask me for further info.
    1. Yet people who blocks certain country doesn't fail on a daily basis while those who have allowed every country had to shut their service down cause of higher abuse. (Note: We do not block anyone by country).

1. PPL who blocks certain country can also be both cheap and expensive. Your point?
    2. Yes. That is why every single mature provider under the sun has AUP and TOS. Read it. Agree or leave their service. Your logic is invalid.
    3. I am not sure what made you think that. Plenty of provider prouds themselves in providing crappy service. Your logic is invalid.
    4. Not every time. I believe Paypal is registered as a bank in EU, OVH is from EU, Hetzner is from EU. And ya, keep your shitty customer protection law to your self then, Cause those mentioned above and a lot of other provider will screw their user and your shitty law can't do shit.

You need to get out of your Prometeus obsession. It is getting to a point where it is becoming annoying. Every single post that has to do with any provider, you somehow endup sticking promiteus with that. My Dog poop stinks? Well Uncle Sal's dog poop doesn't stink. I have tripped on banana, o uncle sal never tripped on banana. Killing animal is bad, well uncle Sal is vegan. Please, stop your crap.

Less greed my big A$$. Stop taking shit out of context and assuming. So far most of your replies in this thread had 0 logic.

While Salvador is a great guy and provides great service, he is not the only one.

edited October 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: While Salvador is a great guy and provides great service, he is not the only one.

It is Salvatore.
    I know he is not the only one this is why I didnt mention Prometeus nor him.
    This only proves my point, the more european providers that offer good service with good price and allow all countries and almost every app, the worse a provider that bans legal things because they cause load on the server (hello, servers are supposed to work for the power they eat...) looks, ESPECIALLY since that happens AFTER ppl signed up being fooled by ads that tell them they can do what they want with their VPS.
    If you cannot offer a good service at the market price, allow all countries and apps, then you are doing something wrong as long as others can.
    M

• well said.. "he is not the only one"

• TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: This only proves my point, the more european providers that offer good service with good price and allow all countries and almost every app.

Ya tell that to OVH and Hetzner. O and did I forgot to mention? Some of the biggest shit hole scammers are from europe?

@Maounique said: You cannot offer a good service allow all countries and apps, then you are doing something wrong as long as others can.

Ya sure. I can become a $hemale and blow and lick everyone in the street or become a real man and tell people on their face, YOU ARE WRONG, without sugar coating.

• not africa?

edited October 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Ya sure. I can become a $hemale and blow and lick everyone in the street or become a real man and tell people on their face, YOU ARE WRONG, without sugar coating.

You know, I am glad you are leaving. The only other case I dont regret is Aldryic. You can afford now to tell ppl they are wrong because you have no more interest to make them pay you. You went that low.
    M

• TazTaz Member

@Maounique said: You know, I am glad you are leaving. The only other case I dont regret is Aldryic. You went that low.

M

When I spoke the truth, it hurts bad.

This has become a terrible trend in LET. People wants everything for 5$ and then complain when something breaks. There are various reason provider blocks a lot of things. It is providers point of choice and you have no right to comment on that, besides either agreeing or switching to another provider. There are many legal things that is allowed by law yet 99 out of 100 provider will not allow you to do that. You want consumer protection for ship jumpers? I have only cared for my current loyal users.

And TBH, I am glad that I am leaving hosting scenario. Cause dealing with stupidity was never my favorite part.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: ou can afford now to tell ppl they are wrong because you have no more interest to make them pay you.

And someone was preaching against greed? pufft.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited October 2012

I don't think any provider here tolerates BS from people, although they are paying you minimum and they are dependant on you to provide a exceptional service to the them(the consumers).

Just because you choose to shop at Costco(cheap), Instead of Tesco(not as cheap) doesn't mean the quality of service should be any less.

And for all that Legal stuff, The providers that are active alot allow pretty much everything legal in the country they are located in.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: People wants everything for 5$

• TazTaz Member

@Jacob said: Just because you choose to shop at Costco(cheap), Instead of Tesco(not as cheap) doesn't mean the quality of service should be any less.

Which equals frequent downtime and your dc asking you to leave them? I do not want to leave let by bashing providers. So please, let us not continue that.

edited October 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Which equals frequent downtime and your dc asking you to leave them? I do not want to leave let by bashing providers. So please, let us not continue that.

I think it is a little late for this.
    You started it and while you are right and I often said that ppl want the moon for pennies, that is valid almost everywhere, each part tries to get the most of the deal.
    I mean, if you get used to good deals and you want to find similar stuff elsewhere, you are promissed similar stuff and then midterm the rules are changed because the provider no longer affords to keep their word, it is not your fault, it is the fault of the provider, no matter how they are trying to twist it.
    If torrents are banned, fine, kick the abusers, if Firefox is not banned, you can ban it from now on and put the things clear in ToS/AUP and leave current customers use what they were promissed.
    M

• @Maounique, right in the TOS should be a line that says these terms are subject to change. and right there your point is dead in the water.

Thanked by 1Taz

Thanked by 5jar Jacob Taz Nexus Pats
  • If you was in the position I was in, You would crumble, Literally...

I actually was not aiming anything specific at you but yet again your Immaturity shows.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Which equals frequent downtime and your dc asking you to leave them? I do not want to leave let by bashing providers. So please, let us not continue that.

edited October 2012

@24khost said: right in the TOS should be a line that says these terms are subject to change. and right there your point is dead in the water.

Correct. So I make a deal with you I will pay you 100 dollars for your work and after it is done I change the terms and say you agree to give that to my local church.
    If you change the contract, the other party should have the right to leave it meaning the contract is void and you will return the money for the pariod remaining from the old contract on which you were payed in advance based on promisses you couldnt keep because you didnt do your homerwork and didnt imagine ppl would actually use what they were promissed.
    M

• If you sign a contract that states 1 party may change the terms of the contract at any time without notice, you've still agreed to it.

edited October 2012

@MartinD said: If you sign a contract that states 1 party may change the terms of the contract at any time without notice, you've still agreed to it.

That is not a contract, it states the rights of one party and the obligations of the other, more or less.
    In our specific case Taz says he is giving you something he doesnt have. Offering a service in certain terms and then failing to deliver is the same.
    M

• TazTaz Member

@Maounique said: You started it and while you are right and I often said that ppl want the moon for pennies, that is valid almost everywhere, each part tries to get the most of the deal.

I mean, if you get used to good deals and you want to find similar stuff elsewhere, you are promissed similar stuff and then midterm the rules are changed because the provider no longer affords to keep their word, it is not your fault, it is the fault of the provider, no matter how they are trying to twist it.
    If torrents are banned, fine, kick the abusers, if Firefox is not banned, you can ban it from now on and put the things clear in ToS/AUP and leave current customers use what they were promissed.
    M

I believe my tos covers resource abuse? And under that clause , I can block everything under this sun that I feel like is going to abuse our (well now it is past) system/clients who needs geniuine vps? So per your comment, I should kick everyone at the moment they start to abuse their resource? Well then I have been generous enough to give 7 days dead line. It is the fault of provider? You decide to find a loop hole " O they say I can not blah blah blah, but didn't mention about my specific software" well, now we have. Firefox isn't banned but once you start using your 7$ box like it is 1k worth of macbook, sure I bend for you? I am really failing to understand any an every single reply of yours.

Only 7% of OUR CUSTOMER complained so far and out of that 7%, 90% were doing stuffs that they were not supposed to do. So I guess, if 93% is happy then our decision was correct. And I believe that taking care of the majority and keeping them happy should be our main goal?

• MartinDMartinD Member
    edited October 2012

@Maounique said: That is not a contract, it states the rights of one party and the obligations of the other, more or less.

In our specific case Taz says he is giving you something he doesnt have. Offering a service in certain terms and then failing to deliver is the same.

A contract states the rights and obligations of both parties involved. If there is a clause in said contract allowing one of said parties to alter the terms of the contract, it is still valid. If you agree and sign this contract, you are obliged to accept the change in terms.

• TazTaz Member

@Jacob said: If you was in the position I was in, You would crumble, Literally...

And thus, I am trying to stay out from such position that I am not willing to waste my time on.

• I have no idea how to use 1 Chunin(1024RAM) VPS on NinjaHawk, when i install Virtualmin with two mid website he claim I/O abuse. When use as Desktop same.

I must admit that I have not been suspended yet, he is good arguing and trying resolve the situation, but only comes with a deal when you take their needs.

I really like this guy, but i dont know what he expects from their users, only weekend bloggers? whatever.

• TazTaz Member

@Maounique said: In our specific case Taz says he is giving you something he doesnt have. Offering a service in certain terms and then failing to deliver is the same.

M

Excuse me, but what? When did I advertise renting personal computer? Or gave something I don't have?

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Only 7% of OUR CUSTOMER complained so far

It is not my fault you do not understand...
    Other providers have the same clauses, yet they dont kick ppl for using what they payed for.
    You cant afford to provide the quality you promissed and others are offering ? No problem, you are not the first failure here. It is a tough market, agreed, but you knew this already, while your customers didn't know they are not allowed to run desktops on linux (what an aberation ! VPses are supposed to run without desktops, even Uncle Bill provides guiless servers...)
    M

• TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

@mtoledoce said: have no idea how to use 1 Chunin(1024RAM) VPS on NinjaHawk, when i install Virtualmin with two mid website he claim I/O abuse. When use as Desktop same.

May I please have your client info?

• TazTaz Member

@Maounique said: first failure here.

Excuse me sir, I can see you are making decision upon assumption pretty quick. Once you fail to win argument, start calling name. Well said sir.

• And you can extract our private ticket discussion here? no thanks.

edited October 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Excuse me sir, I can see you are making decision upon assumption pretty quick. Once you fail to win argument, start calling name. Well said sir.

I am sorry, it was supposed to refer to the business, not you personally. Like in the idea many others tried to survive in the market and couldnt. Very few manage, but there is still a large choice and ppl that know the market will agree with me.
    M