Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HELP] I need hosting for 1000-1500 simultaneous users (Ipb Forum)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HELP] I need hosting for 1000-1500 simultaneous users (Ipb Forum)

CaKooooCaKoooo Member
edited May 2015 in Requests

Hi!

I can advise you that any company that can support what I ask?

Currently I have a hosting but when entering 100 people simultaneously. It appears that reached the limit of resources and frozen ...

We are a community of gamers who wants to spice up the forums in South America

I prefer hereby ask to go to spend on big companies ... I prefer to help small and medium-sized enterprises ..

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry for my bad english (is a translator)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hola!

Ustedes me pueden aconsejar alguna empresa que que pueda soportar lo que yo pido?

Tengo actualmente un hosting pero cuando entran 100 Personas simultaneamente. Aparece que alcanzo el limite de recursos y se congela...

Somos una comunidad de gamers que quiere volver a darle vida a los foros en sudamerica

Prefiero preguntar por este medio que ir a gastar en grandes compañias ...prefiero ayudar a las pequeños y medianas empresas..

Gracias de antemano :)

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

For those who still don't get it , OP is looking for someone who can sponsor them a cPanel with dedicated resources for their forum in return of advertising the sponsor on their site.

Correct me if im wrong :)

• CaKooooCaKoooo Member

@BharatB we only want something stable for our users ..

we do not need a sponsor.

I do not think anyone here is interested in having a sponsor to a South American community of gamers xD

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@CaKoooo said:

Hahaha my bad , could you please get back to me on skype if thats the case , readydedi.bharat or @ support[at]readydedi.com and we'll try to get you a deal.

• @CaKoooo Do you have a budget for this? Are you looking for cPanel-based hosting or are you looking at a VPS/Dedicated solution?

• edited May 2015

South America?

Would Mexico be okay?

• CaKooooCaKoooo Member

the truth .... what is best ... I have little knowledge about this ..por this I turn to you to see if I can help

• CaKooooCaKoooo Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    South America?

Would Mexico be okay?

CHILE-ARGENTINA

• @CaKoooo said:
    CHILE-ARGENTINA

Don't know if I ca get that far down with a reasonable price. Add me on Skype TinyTunnel will have a look for you

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited May 2015

Hey.

If you mean 1000 users per second, it's a big deal for regular webhosting. IPB is not good at caching and load server rather much. Dedicated server would be better for this. I doubt that there are webhosting that can survive 1000 requests to PHP per second. In this case i can configure dedicated server for you to be able to serve this number of requests. Typical dedicated for this should cost around 160$ per month.

If you mean 1000 users online (you most likely mean this), then it should be fine with good webhosting. It usually something like 20 requests to PHP per second maximum. Probably it would cost 10$-20$ per month or so. In this case the problem is to find good webhosting, that's rare, especially in South America. As an alternative, medium VPS or some not usual solution may be used. I can try to host you on one of my dedicated's in Europe or Canada, for the good cost (need more information about your website to say exact number). I basically configure servers to being capable to serve very many number of requests per second, so even 10000 users per second should not be an issue. DDoS protection comes as a bonus.

It's possible to use CDN to reduce latency and host it outside of South America.

• RolterRolter Member

If you are only serving html pages , use cloudflare + host the site anywhere you want , cloudflare will take care of your latency problems ...

• CaKooooCaKoooo Member

we dont have problems with usa or canada webhosting...fast response

• @CaKoooo comprale a @Francisco de BuyVM... lejos lo mejor en shared hosting.

Ahora si quieres con proteccion ddos nose si ellos puedan ofrecer esto con sus planes de hosting compartido. Con sus VPS si.

http://buyshared.net/ para el hosting compartido o si quieres una VPS http://buyvm.net.

• wojonswojons Member

Have you tried getting ping from servers in Vegas Dallas and Florida. Florida may have some nice direct routes to south ameeica

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@cloromorpho said:
    CaKoooo comprale a Francisco de BuyVM... lejos lo mejor en shared hosting.

Ahora si quieres con proteccion ddos nose si ellos puedan ofrecer esto con sus planes de hosting compartido. Con sus VPS si.

http://buyshared.net/ para el hosting compartido o si quieres una VPS http://buyvm.net.

Our shared hosting wouldn't be suitable for such a busy site. If the OP wants, we could set them up with a nice configuration on a 2GB OpenVZ w/ Voxility. It'd be $27.95/month for it to be fully managed, assuming they don't also want cpanel.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • RizRiz Member

@deserver may be able to help you in TX. I believe the routing will be pretty solid from there to south America.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Rolter said: If you are only serving html pages , use cloudflare + host the site anywhere you want , cloudflare will take care of your latency problems ...

He's talking about an IPB Forum...

Though it's worth pointing out that IPB does offer a CDN plug-in. Not sure if it's to any CDN or just the official CDN that Invision sells.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2015

1000-1500 simultaneously users does not mean in any case 1000 concurrent php calls. So, this load could be served by a good vps from a reputable provider. 2-3GB memory, 3-4 cpu cores, a ssd drive and a good network connection, could do fine with good caching and the use of a cdn. So, 12-25$ per month for a good vps (unmanaged) or a little higher for a managed one, should be more than enough (of course, without cPanel, but if there will be just one site host, why the OP would need cPanel? He could setup a free one like virtualmin, ispconfig or centos web panel and he should be OK)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • edanedan Member

Anonymous or member/login user? If member than you need powerful box.

• RalliasRallias Member

Are they actually simultaneously or just users that have made at least one request within a 15 minute timeblock?

• I agree @jvnadr - however, if you know the right commands, don't even use a control panel. They tend to take up a significant if not much resources for themselves.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@FlamesRunner A control panel could be useful for users that asking cPanel (if you ask for cpanel, that means you are not very familiar with terminal).
    If a control panel is configured well, then, there is not much load on it (e.g. Virtualmin will not use more than 40-50MB itself).
    Of course, I agree with you that via terminal, you can do anything you want without that extra layer of the panel's GUI and it's safer also. Just, it is not for all...

• jason25jason25 Member

Hola, si aun no has encontrado lo que buscabas, contacta con Nosotros