Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReThinkVPS | Unmetered Dallas KVM & OpenVZ | IPv4 & IPv6 | 50% OFF
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReThinkVPS | Unmetered Dallas KVM & OpenVZ | IPv4 & IPv6 | 50% OFF

rethinkvpsrethinkvps Member
edited May 2015 in Offers

About ReThinkVPS

ReThinkVPS was registered in late 2010 and has been providing reliable unmetered virtual servers since the very start. Recently we have introduced IPv6 and Xen-HVM into our network infrastructure. We have got into the position where our network is now growing very steadily and we would like you all to be able to try out our network and services without having to break the bank.

Features

SolusVM Controlled
Native IPv6
RAID10
Unmetered Bandwidth (Fair Usage in ToS)
OpenVZ & Xen-HVM
1Gbps (Shared)

OpenVZ Offers

OpenVZ 1.0

OpenVZ 2.0

ALL ORDERS ARE PRORATED TO 1st OF EVERY MONTH

Comments

• rethinkvpsrethinkvps Member
    edited May 2015

--SNIPPED--

• Someone report @mikho

• comXyzcomXyz Member

The prices are monthly or yearly?

If it's monthly then you should reread the rule @rethinkvps

edited May 2015

--Original Post Edited--

edited May 2015

Apologies! Edited. Prices are monthly.

• From TOS
    For example, you can't expect a VPS 1.0 to push 5TB bandwidth/month. Our policy aims to be as reasonable and fair as possible.
    VPS Plan | Shared Port Size | 'Fair Usage' Average
    VPS 1.0 | 1000mbps | ~3mbps
    VPS 2.0 | 1000mbps | ~4mbps
    VPS 3.0 | 1000mbps | ~5mbps
    VPS 4.0 | 1000mbps | ~10mbps

3mbps average?

• How many CPU cores on these plans?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

He rethinked his price model :-)

• TrafficTraffic Member

@robohost said:
    For example, you can't expect a VPS 1.0 to push 5TB bandwidth/month. Our policy aims to be as reasonable and fair as possible.

I'd personally prefer to get an amount of BW I can use exactly, rather than worrying about your interpretation of the TOS. However seeing as you think 5TB is a "huge" amount of BW, I don't think "unlimited" is truly the proper term...

• no api :(

• @Traffic said:
    I'd personally prefer to get an amount of BW I can use exactly, rather than worrying about your interpretation of the TOS. However seeing as you think 5TB is a "huge" amount of BW, I don't think "unlimited" is truly the proper term...

We never said it was huge it's what we deemed to be a fair share for the price that is paid and for the way we bunch plans together on nodes. It is carefully worked out.

• @NodePing said:
    How many CPU cores on these plans?

Each of our nodes has an e3-1230v2 and each VPS has full access but is constantly monitored and on the fly limited if other VPS's are being affected.

• @wuzamarine said:
    no api :(

What are you looking for exactly Solusvm has an API which is usable.

• @rethinkvps said:
    What are you looking for exactly Solusvm has an API which is usable.

Really?
    2 features I must have is IPv4 and IPv6 rDNS updates via api and clone (or create new from save image) and some method to get the IP address of a new device.

I am building a system that will resell many VPSs but I need a stable platform.

I wrote a phuck ton of code that got the IPv6 address of a new node. Went back and the code was broke. Looked in the return data and the address was NULL.
    No response from vultr.com support for 6 days....
    I am searching for a redundant/new primary platform that's stable and the staff is actually capable of performing their job.

• easyeasy Member

if fair usage just 3mbps,. our max bandwidth just 900GB/m.. lol unmetered

• @easy said:
    if fair usage just 3mbps,. our max bandwidth just 900GB/m.. lol unmetered

We prefer to set a realistic limit like stated above these are carefully calculated and not plucked out of the air. If you need more than 900GB please purchase a higher package, having these kind of terms in place and calling ourselves unmetered means we will never suspend you for going over but work with you to move you to another node where you aren't affecting other customers we do have plans in place for people who use more than the fair share and it's not as simple as just suspending them.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2015

rethinkvps said: We prefer to set a realistic limit like stated above these are carefully calculated and not plucked out of the air. If you need more than 900GB please purchase a higher package

This is false advertising. Do not lie in our face. Unmetered means unmetered. 900GB per month is not unmetered at all. In fact, it is lower than a lot of LET/LEB providers offer for the same price model. Please, fix your advertising with real bandwidth, or else, you are trying to trick potential customers with your small print in TOS/AUP. (flagged)

• jvnadr said: This is false advertising. Do not lie in our face. Unmetered means unmetered. 900GB per month is not unmetered at all. In fact, it is lower than a lot of LET/LEB providers offer for the same price model. Please, fix your advertising with real bandwidth, or else, you are trying to trick potential customers with your small print in TOS/AUP. (flagged)

This is how our business model has always worked since we launched in late 2010 and we have grown rapidly since then. Like stated above, we never suspend for going over our AUP we only advise and help, NEVER suspend. Which if you goto a provider with 1TB of bandwidth on the VPS, you go over and you get suspended, we allow people to burst and grow with us without any chance of getting throttled or an unexpected bill due to growth.

I see you might not be believe in the way we do business but in nearly 5 years this has proved to be the reason people purchase their services from us, aswell as the many people who have purchased the services through this thread. If you would like to give us a try just send me an email to [email protected] and I will be able to hook you up with a great deal, but if you feel we are not the business for you I will gladly take what you say into account and pass this onto the other members of the business to share with them what members of the public think of our customer facing front and if people are feeling we are decepting them having the limits in the ToS instead of on the order page. If you would like to contact me to discuss this any further send me an email/PM or just reply to this thread and I will be glad to answer any questions.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2015

@rethinkvps My apologies for being rude. But IMHO you really should consider changing the term "unmetered" and describe actuall allowed bandwidth, or include in the add tect what do you mean by "unmetered", something like that"

"We do not suspend vps for getting over the allowed bandwidth, we do not use hard limits, but if you use more than XXXX of bandwidth per month fot XXXX plan, then we sill ask you to upgrade to a higher plan, after talking with you your needs".

I do not like the term "fair use" because it's totally subjective. Mobile telecommunication companies use it all the time in their advertising here in GR. For example, they advertise "unlimited daily pass" for mobile internet for 1€ with a fair use. In small prints, they say that this fair use is... 20MB (yes, 20MB) that "is enough for an average user for normal surfing, facebook access and mail viewing".
    It is clearly a marketing way to gain more customers that they don't read or don't get from the first place what the terms of this fair use is.

Despite that, wish you luck with your ad. And I will try your services, you gained my interest mostly out of your way to respond to publick forums like this!

• @jvnadr said:
    rethinkvps My apologies for being rude. But IMHO you really should consider changing the term "unmetered" and describe actuall allowed bandwidth, or include in the add tect what do you mean by "unmetered", something like that"

"We do not suspend vps for getting over the allowed bandwidth, we do not use hard limits, but if you use more than XXXX of bandwidth per month fot XXXX plan, then we sill ask you to upgrade to a higher plan, after talking with you your needs".

I do not like the term "fair use" because it's totally subjective. Mobile telecommunication companies use it all the time in their advertising here in GR. For example, they advertise "unlimited daily pass" for mobile internet for 1€ with a fair use. In small prints, they say that this fair use is... 20MB (yes, 20MB) that "is enough for an average user for normal surfing, facebook access and mail viewing".
    It is clearly a marketing way to gain more customers that they don't read or don't get from the first place what the terms of this fair use is.

Despite that, wish you luck with your ad. And I will try your services, you gained my interest mostly out of your way to respond to publick forums like this!

I am happy that you are thinking of trying our service. I will pass your post onto the guys here at ReThinkVPS and we will very much consider what you said.

If you would like to try our service just throw me an email to [email protected] or send in a support ticket at billing.rethinkvps.com and we will hook you up with a good deal.

• Apologies all! Delays in new order setup, all affected orders have been notified and a refund offered. We have had an unexpected amount of orders from this promotion and unfortunately ran out of IP's! We are working on getting some more within the next 24 hours.