Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delimiter questions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

delimiter questions

Maybe @MarkTurner can help me but anyone would be helpful

I recently ordered a 20$month deal for dual l5420's and I can't find the answer anywhere but I'd like to know how bandwidth is counted. Many providers are only counting uploads or downloads . Some do both. What does delimiter do?

Also what's the cost to upgrade the hdd and to add a new one.
It comes with 500gb.

What is the cost if possible to get additional bandwidth(just in case).

I don't have the server yet since I ordered Sunday and provisioning I know it is during the week so maybe Wednesday I'll have it lol.

So anyone have any idea of them.

Comments

• Maybe their sales team....?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @cmsjr123 I may be mistaken, but perhaps submitting a ticket to sales or support directly with Delimiter may get you the answers you seek?

• @cmsjr123 said:
    Maybe MarkTurner can help me but anyone would be helpful

I recently ordered a 20$month deal for dual l5420's and I can't find the answer anywhere but I'd like to know how bandwidth is counted. Many providers are only counting uploads or downloads . Some do both. What does delimiter do?

Its total traffic over the port.

Also what's the cost to upgrade the hdd and to add a new one.
    It comes with 500gb.

Upgrade to 1TB = +$5/month

What is the cost if possible to get additional bandwidth(just in case).

1TB $10
    10TB $50
    25TB $100
    50TB $150

• For the bandwidth I should just buy another server and round robin them then lol.

But the hdd upgrade is the cheapest I've seen. So if I upgrade to 1tb is the main drive being changed out or adding another 500gb drive?

And it's the weekend it would have been easier to ask Mark from what I've seen at this stage lol.

• cmsjr123 said: For the bandwidth I should just buy another server and round robin them then lol.

Exactly its cheaper and better redundancy.

cmsjr123 said: But the hdd upgrade is the cheapest I've seen. So if I upgrade to 1tb is the main drive being changed out or adding another 500gb drive?

The 500GB will be removed and a 1TB installed.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited May 2015

Bought a server from delimiter a while ago and they ignored us for over 30 days and then refunded us without any comment.

• @clamhost - I'd love to look at the history to that, can you PM me the email/order # you used.

• @MarkTurner said:
    clamhost - I'd love to look at the history to that, can you PM me the email/order # you used.

Trying to login to the account but says the email no longer is valid. it was [email protected] or Thomas Lopez and you'll find it. we bought one of the Atom Machines.

• @clamhost - tomorrow I will find out.

• @MarkTurner
    Can you PM me a test ip/test file/looking glass for Delimiters Atlanta location? I've sent a mail but no response yet.
    Also, how much are additional ip's for that location?

• andrewnandrewn Member

@MarkTuner +5$ extra for additional HDDs too?

• BruceBruce Member

depends on the offer. $10 for 500GB, $15 for 1TB, $20 for SSD.

according to this offer

• @MarkTurner

Got caught by fraud sent you a PM. If you need more info just ask.

• ekinneeekinnee Member

@MarkTurner The ordering process leaves much to be desired. I was told 1-3 days from acceptance, when is that? I've even ordered and had provisioned another server in less than a day but the first order is just sitting at pending.

Also, essentially being told not to log support tickets is rather rude. I asked a status on one and reported somebody squatting on my assigned IP.

• @ekinnee - Acceptance is usually completed within 24 hours of payment. Usually if there is a problem someone is in touch during that window.

Why were you told not to log support tickets? Please either paste the tickets here or advise the ticket #s

• I guess its cheaper for Delimiter to use LET as their help desk than actually have people contact sales and support directly. Everyday its more BS about delimiter and their ordering and provisioning. Its time for them to move all of this stupidity elsewhere and provide timely feedback and support to their customers. Everyone got upset with GVH - you all would cry and whine if many of the other providers behaved like this. Why does Delimiter get a pass?

• ekinneeekinnee Member

@MarkTurner said:
    ekinnee - Acceptance is usually completed within 24 hours of payment. Usually if there is a problem someone is in touch during that window.

Why were you told not to log support tickets? Please either paste the tickets here or advise the ticket #s

Pending order: 175454
    891649 closed with no response
    720136 snippy response from Paul. Seems to be his M.O.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Seriously2015 said:
    Why does Delimiter get a pass?

$5 servers that generally work, Mark appears to give a shit unlike the nugget.

People will forgive a lot for a bargain, GVH is proof of that.

Thanked by 2ATHK netomx
  • @Seriously2015 said:
    I guess its cheaper for Delimiter to use LET as their help desk than actually have people contact sales and support directly. Everyday its more BS about delimiter and their ordering and provisioning. Its time for them to move all of this stupidity elsewhere and provide timely feedback and support to their customers. Everyone got upset with GVH - you all would cry and whine if many of the other providers behaved like this. Why does Delimiter get a pass?

Delimiter is really good. They dont use here as there help desk as such but many users here use delimiter. I ain't ready much BS about delimiter?

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • @tinytunnel_tom its the BS surrounding whenever there are open tickets etc people run on here looking for Mark and its quite often. Or threads that turn into delimiter sales Q & A rather than the topic at hand etc etc. If you sent him a pm what really is the point of announcing it in a thread? I know I can easily tell when I have PM's Im sure he can as well

• @Seriously2015 said:
    tinytunnel_tom its the BS surrounding whenever there are open tickets etc people run on here looking for Mark and its quite often. Or threads that turn into delimiter sales Q & A rather than the topic at hand etc etc. If you sent him a pm what really is the point of announcing it in a thread? I know I can easily tell when I have PM's Im sure he can as well

You want me to be honest. You dont like it leave. I don't care like Seriously

• Yep we all can state our opinions. Hope that fraud check works out for ya.

• CoreyCorey Member

Welcome to lowendhelpdesk for Delimiter, or lowendshill for Delimiter. I can't really tell what's going on here but I believe the moderators should have shut this thread down some time ago.

• but but but... where would tom announce to the world that he sent a PM to Mark

• ekinneeekinnee Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Delimiter is really good. They dont use here as there help desk as such but many users here use delimiter. I ain't ready much BS about delimiter?

The service (server, network, power) so far seems to be fine. The order and provisioning is questionable and support is pretty "meh". Only real issue I've had other than a slow order was an already in use IP and that was replaced fairly quickly.

Sometime you do get what you pay for when you go cheap and unmanaged.

• ekinnee said: Pending order: 175454 891649 closed with no response 720136 snippy response from Paul. Seems to be his M.O.

891649 was a support ticket called 'Status' content 'Still pending' no other information.

720136 was handled fine, you complained that you could not use your IP address so Paul replaced it. It was to the point and conveyed the necessary information of your replacement IP address.

• Clearly the OP should have contacted Delimiter directly. He chose not to and used a forum. He then chose to use a public posting rather than a PM.

There was another guy who was spamming 3-4 month old threads last night.

People do this. I am here so I will help where I can so customers can get answers or resolve their issues. Sometimes I can't help but I can at a minimum point people in the direction of where they need to go.

• Seriously2015 said: the BS surrounding whenever there are open tickets etc people run on here looking for Mark

Its true, people run to me. But that is because they haven't got the solution they want and they want someone outside of Delimiter to try to help unblock the problem.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Clearly the OP should have contacted Delimiter directly. He chose not to and used a forum. He then chose to use a public posting rather than a PM.

There was another guy who was spamming 3-4 month old threads last night.

People do this. I am here so I will help where I can so customers can get answers or resolve their issues. Sometimes I can't help but I can at a minimum point people in the direction of where they need to go.

I indicated already why I asked Mark. It was faster than a sales ticket on the weekend and a UK holiday.

Please don't attack providers when it is explained why and when it's not their fault a sales questions. Was asked on the weekend when sales is closed or low on staff.

• cmsjr123 said: I indicated already why I asked Mark. It was faster than a sales ticket on the weekend and a UK holiday.

I was not saying it was wrong, PM would have been better though.