Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Long Does It Take To Answering Ticket in Normal ETA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How Long Does It Take To Answering Ticket in Normal ETA?

I have found a few provider. And in my experiences there are two times where i get a reply for more than 48 hours. And all provider has written something like "The AMAZING 24/7/365 Dedicated Support Team" on their About Page, or Sales Page on thread.

I wonder, for how long does it take for a normal/good/best provider to reply a ticket ?

Comments

• I would say 12-24 hours is acceptable on weekdays.

• On weekends don't expect a fast reply. Weekdays expect a bit faster than weekends.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Tickets shouldn't take long to respond to. 10 minutes or less is pretty easy to achieve from a provider end.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

Good Providers: 2-5 hr

Medium Providers: 12-24 hr

One man show: don't expect a reply within 24hr

Thanked by 1kernel_panic
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Depends if the company has a SLA agreement with the company or not. If they have a 1 hour SLA for a P2 I'd expect a technical response within 40 minutes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Tickets shouldn't take long to respond to. 10 minutes or less is pretty easy to achieve from a provider end.

Get out.

Nekki said: Get out.

I have worked with multiple providers that do it. Assuming you have people to cover each shift it isn't a problem.

• Our 24/7 average for the last 30 days is 13 minutes.

We work hard to keep it under 20 and always aim for ten or less.

• miminmimin Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    On weekends don't expect a fast reply. Weekdays expect a bit faster than weekends.

How long does it take on weekend in your experiences ?

• 123system, always close the ticket, bluevm takes about 4 weeks, Cvps takes about 3 weeks, so it depends upon who your provider is.

• mimin said: How long does it take on weekend in your experiences ?

Dedicated:

dacentec: under 12 hours,

datashack: under 18 hours

VPS:

DigitalOcean (when I used them a while ago) -> Annoyingly fast, they never answer the damn ticket but elect to call my phone at 2 AM in the morning.

I've found any colocrossing shell company I don't even get replies on weekends, rarely on weekdays. I once had a ticket with a provider (won't name), first reply was within 1 day, next reply was three weeks later saying "So is it working yet?"

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Support is always within 40-50 minutes and if resolution takes longer then atleast an initial reply it provided.

Sales & Billing is 1-2 hours during business days and best-effort on weekends.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited May 2015

@awmusic12635

Yea, anyone can hire outsourced support 24/7, but response time doesn't mean shit if your resolution time is higher than a one man show..

Thanked by 2MikePT coolice
    edited May 2015

Jonchun said: Yea, anyone can hire outsourced support 24/7, but response time doesn't mean shit if your resolution time is higher than a one man show..

If that is so then clearly something is wrong with their support. I haven't yet seen quality out sourced support.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Awmusic12635 said: I have worked with multiple providers that do it. Assuming you have people to cover each shift it isn't a problem.

Shouldn't be considered the norm, especially round here. Even tier 1 providers don't promise a ticket response in that sort of timescale unless it's a major disaster scenario, and even then you'd usually have to call them rather than ticket.

It's irresponsible as a prover for you to suggest that it's a 'pretty easy' timescale to meet, IMO.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Jonchun said:
    Yea, anyone can hire outsourced support 24/7, but response time doesn't mean shit if your resolution time is higher than a one man show..

Can you send me some tickets? Our all l3 dedicated team respond in under 20 minutes 24/7 and unless your issue isn't tech will resolve it then and there. If you ask for actions on chat you will be asked to authenticate by ticket as normal.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@dediserve said:
    Can you send me some tickets? Our all l3 dedicated team respond in under 20 minutes 24/7 and unless your issue isn't tech will resolve it then and there. If you ask for actions on chat you will be asked to authenticate by ticket as normal.

Sorry I forgot to mention that most of my issues were general information based. (So sales)

Its not a problem with you guys at all. Its just me personally who doesn't like having a "your ticket has been escalated" notification all the time. I will pm you about a weird bug though with tickets where the "escalated" message appears twice on the dashboard.

• The Sales team (and billing) work normal 'office hours' M-F in GMT, so as per the ticket responses, replied will be within those hours (tho still sub 30 minute responses inside those hours).

The All L3 team will respond and resolve any tech support issues you have 24/7 :)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • GadelhasGadelhas Member
    edited May 2015

Awmusic12635 said: I have worked with multiple providers that do it. Assuming you have people to cover each shift it isn't a problem.

For a LEB provider it is hard, even if you have staff to cover every timezone, you always have something to do, and on a LEB provider, I'm almost sure there's no one in support team full-time dedicated.

On-topic, if I pay LEB price, 24-48 hours is what I ask on weekdays, weekends only if there are major issues or outages. If I pay more, I expect the host to have SLA in position.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Awmusic12635 said: Tickets shouldn't take long to respond to. 10 minutes or less is pretty easy to achieve from a provider end.

If your a high end managed host that sells itself based on that then sure.... but if your anything but that then to say that is easy is just idiotic.

10 minute resolution time is a stupid target and if your going for that and adverting here you are going to fail because your business plan is all show and no substance.

If you mean <10m first response time then who cares, WHMCS does that for you anyway by confirming the ticket is open and anyone who pays for staff just to say "we are looking in to this" in under 10 minutes rather than just fixing the problem is wasting customer time and their own money.

Thanked by 3MikePT Gadelhas Nekki
  • If the staff reply to say they are looking into it, and they are, then surely that's a good thing :)

• If you have a complex ticket chances are it takes longer to fully resolve it before the client runs off to let and turns let into help desk

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@mimin Although there are LEB hosts that IME consistently respond/resolve issues in under 30 mins. (Crissic, DrServer, VPSDime, HostUS, MCH ...) This is not expected, and they get kudos for amazing customer service.
    I normally expect a ticket response in less then 12hr and I don't consider it disappointing customer service until more then 24hrs has gone by.
    If it takes days or weeks for a response, I am gone as I have better things to do.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Which provider took you long to reply?

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

dediserve said: If the staff reply to say they are looking into it, and they are, then surely that's a good thing :)

Why, they already got a confirmation the ticket is open, the reason you opened it was to have someone look in to it, why do you want them to waste time telling you what you already know instead of fixing the issue?

I understand there is a reason, so you know someone has picked up your ticket but that does nothing but delay actual resolution time and fluffs a load of statistics so they can say "We answer all tickets in under 10 minutes" great well how about fixing them in under 10 minutes, that would be more impressive :)

Obviously there is a big difference between:

"I am looking in to this for you"

and

"I believe in order to use IPSec you will need some modules loaded, let me look in to this for you"

Perhaps it is just me but I hate empty replies to tickets that do nothing for me and only serve as a marketing gimmick.

Thanked by 3Jonchun perennate lazyt
  • MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Perhaps it is just me but I hate empty replies to tickets that do nothing for me and only serve as a marketing gimmick.

I tend to agree, on the other hand, certain clients can be very anxious and keep replying to the tickets or even opening new ones if they don't get a reply right away. Sometimes replying to a ticket to inform the client you are looking into the problem can prevent them from spamming the queue. We usually try and resolve a ticket before replying but sometimes we reply to inform the client we are looking into the issue if they have a history of requiring a reply immediately. It can work both ways.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

We expect < 10mins response time, otherwise the demand on a LET drama is too damn high.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Infinity580 said:
    We expect < 10mins response time, otherwise the demand on a LET drama is too damn high.

What would LET be without the drama?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2015
  • ATHKATHK Member

@goodhosting 4 months

Thanked by 2Traffic raindog308