Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reseller and DNSOnly concept question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reseller and DNSOnly concept question

KeyJeyKeyJey Member
edited May 2015 in Requests

Helo all :)

Is it possible to get a reseller account in concrete locations and connect them to my cPanel DNSonly cluster ? I know providers don't like that, but I think it's technically possible, am I right ?

If so, how to do that ? or who provider this king of service and where ?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• SadySady Member

I don't think if that is even possible as cPanel DNS clusters are configured on whole server basis.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2015

You can try this

In your reseller nameserver section (A and NS entries) setup your DNSonly IPs and nameservers. You'll probably need to register and update these nameservers for your domain too. Not sure if it'll work, never ever needed to try

edit: perhaps adding zones for it might help link your cluster to your provider's

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

It's Possible but the Providers disable this option. By the way, which locations are there in your concrete list ?

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • KeyJeyKeyJey Member

I also thing it's possible since you can configure server connections with specific usernames.

@century1stop I'n not sure if that would work.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL I would like to add location in Sao Paulo specifically.

• no idea that it will but you can give it a try. More importantly, you need to have the same FQDN for DNSonly and reseller a/c. However, I have no clue as to how DNSonly works, lol. Have always setup dns directly with Bind.

• I'm not sure, but add (A & NS) entries doesn't help you because it only points the IP or the nameserver to your reseller account and they don't synchronize.

A suggestion, but may be you can ask to the provider if he can add your DNSOnly IPs & keys in his cluster, but i think that will create some problems if he already has a cluster.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • KeyJeyKeyJey Member

I yes know how DNSOnly works, and you can't mix some DNS servers with others.

I was just confirming that this is not interesting for any provider.

Thanks anyways !

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Why not grab a Small VPS in that location and install DNSOnly & connect with your cluster ?? You can't rely on others for this type of serious task !

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

It's the inverse way. I want to add a webserver to my cluster ! anyway, thanks !