Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New site SEO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New site SEO

getvpsgetvps Member
edited May 2015 in Help

I need help with some basic steps with new site and i dont want to use any spam methods. So, where to share/creation of backlinks/or other legit ways.
Thanks! :)

Comments

• Lol

Thanked by 2Scottsman Mark_R
  • Post original content, and like I said before, don't hide affiliate codes with bit.ly

If it's an affiliate link, just say.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • getvpsgetvps Member

joddle,if i spam with lols on posts, can be a solution xD

• @getvps said:
    joddle,if i spam with lols on posts, can be a solution xD

Could be :P

• LESLES Member

You should use a bigger 'ninja' signature image to get some clicks.

Thanked by 2netomx hostnoob
  • getvpsgetvps Member

@hostnoob said:
    Post original content, and like I said before, don't hide affiliate codes with bit.ly

If it's an affiliate link, just say.

Hi again, i used bit.ly to track number of clicks only. I dont see nothing wrong in affiliating. On my site is not abussive :), Thanks for response!

• vpssamyvpssamy Member

i hate spam

• getvpsgetvps Member

@LES said:
    You should use a bigger 'ninja' signature image to get some clicks.

Ok, thank you! Now is 25% smaller, with 50% my little ninja is too blured :/

• getvpsgetvps Member

Some real opinion about this discussion?

• ScottsmanScottsman Member
    edited May 2015

i could say: original 100% copyscape passed content, responsive design, social media presence ( because that's what google tells us to do ) and it works in small niches.
    but try building a web hosting blog and post 10k original unique articles you'd still be in page 100+ after 2 years unless you use some "spam methods" & not all spam methods work these days.

Thanked by 2getvps deadbeef
  • getvpsgetvps Member

Submiting site on bulk backlinks sites can have negative result?

• easyeasy Member

build private blog network.,good for niche website..

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • getvpsgetvps Member

@easy said:
    build private blog network.,good for niche website..

You have experience with this? Fresh domains hosted on same ip with 'primary site' , can help primary ? Or this working in another way?

• ricardoricardo Member

What search terms do you want to rank for? If they're worth $x,xxx a month then you at least need to ensure your site is worthy of the rankings, otherwise they won't last long.

• jhjh Member

Good SEO isn't cheap. What's your budget?

Thanked by 1mikho
  • Fuck off?

Thanked by 1stackmutt
  • getvpsgetvps Member

Auch! I dont need 'GURU SEO', just to know basic steps.. elementary, to grow slow but surely..

• ricardoricardo Member

You don't want 'guru seo', but you do want guaranteed growth. sounds like you need a sorcerer.

Thanked by 2deadbeef Scottsman
  • getvpsgetvps Member

:) I read a lot of seo materials, and 'backlinks' sound like next step if you have a good site (good articles/good seo on site) , but still i dont know a simple way to generate backlinks without using bulks submiters. Maybe one solution for backlink scheme can be a good question.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ricardo said: You don't want 'guru seo', but you do want guaranteed growth. sounds like you need a sorcerer.

Thanked by 2getvps wych
  • I like how SEO can be substituted with spam and still make perfect sense.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited May 2015

This isn't 2009, SEO costs a lot/takes a lot of structured effort, unless you're trying to rank for "hot vps for Eskimos".

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • @Admiral_Awesome said:
    I like how SEO can be substituted with spam and still make perfect sense.

"Spam" is just a part of the whole process. Not what it used to be, but still very very important.

• getvpsgetvps Member

Without SPAM, mission impossible?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited May 2015

Mission impossible because you still haven't answered the two basic questions asked, what do you want to rank for and what's your budget.

btw SPAM = sites positioned above mine, that's another way of saying your amazing product deserves to be seen. I hope it does.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • jhjh Member
    edited May 2015

getvps said: Without SPAM, mission impossible?

If you don't have at least $500/month to spend on it, don't bother. It's often a good investment, especially compared to PPC, but basically:

deadbeef said: This isn't 2009, SEO costs a lot/takes a lot of structured effort, unless you're trying to rank for "hot vps for Eskimos".

Thanked by 2deadbeef wych
  • BruceBruce Member

presume you know about google's recent changes regarding punishing sites that aren't mobile friendly

SEO is really easy. decent design. quality content. good traffic. good links. etc etc etc

the only thing difficult about SEO is trying to cheat

Thanked by 2wych getvps