Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good pricing on domain registrar, with renewals - I was wondering about reviews or experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good pricing on domain registrar, with renewals - I was wondering about reviews or experience

Looking for feedback, suggestions - has anyone used india.dj for registration or renewals?

I was looking to get away from godadd y and namecheap, since renewal is pricey, but these guys are offering ~9$

If you have a recommendation on whom to transfer... that would be greatly appreciated... looking for cheap renewals and private reg

Comments

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited April 2015

For me, NameSilo is the best for extensions they support.

Thanked by 2sin getvps
  • sinsin Member

Namesilo has some of the best pricing and I love their feature-rich control panel.

• For initial registrations and transfers, Godaddy is cheapest of all with promo codes, but NameSilo is cheap on renewals.

• internet.bs is the cheapest i've seen

• NomadNomad Member
    edited April 2015

With namesilo you can get domains for $8.99.
    They don't have promotion codes but they have 1 dollar off codes for registration and transfers. Also they provide free whois privacy.

ads>
    If you want yo can use my affiliate code to get 1 dollar discount. It's as good as any other code you'll find. Just use the code: Discounted when buying
    /ads>

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

We use Resell.biz & have to Pay $8.61 for Registration, Renew & transfer :-)

• Nomad said:

Namesilo only allows one promo code, and it is per order not per domain. The maximum discount you can get from promo codes is $1 for your account.

• NavynNavyn Member

Try our domain price list for registration and renewals

• upfreakupfreak Member

Namesilo is good for generic domain extensions. Their prices are cheap without any coupons. The only coupon you get is an onetime dollar discount

• i bought one .com domain on znetlive using coupon, it works, nothing wrong with them. And it only cost $1.

• flopvflopv Member

@sin said:
    Namesilo has some of the best pricing and I love their feature-rich control panel.

I agree. In fact, i use Namesilo to renewal my domains. I am transferring my domain as the renewal date gets closer.

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited May 2015

@stormeye said:
    i bought one .com domain on znetlive using coupon, it works, nothing wrong with them. And it only cost $1.

Could you share that coupon? Thank you.

• @BBTN said:

sorry that was like a month ago… Already forgot the coupon… But I saw it ob the lowendtalk, maybe you can find it

• Freenom.com - domains at cost price

• Google doesn't cost much more then others and provide free private whois

Thanked by 1nekkid
  • bohdansbohdans Member
    edited May 2015

+1 namesilo, cheap, free whois, feature rich panel. $1 off coupon "freeonedollar"

Thanked by 1nekkid
  • nekkidnekkid Member

DNS settings: will all these registrars NameSilo or FreeNom or PnsHosting auto import my current DNS settings?

I have a dns configurations and its been a mess handling the bulk migration/import of these, since I have a lot of domains I was looking for an easy way to also migrate!

• NomadNomad Member

@nekkid said:
    DNS settings: will all these registrars NameSilo or FreeNom or PnsHosting auto import my current DNS settings?

I have a dns configurations and its been a mess handling the bulk migration/import of these, since I have a lot of domains I was looking for an easy way to also migrate!

Till now, I only transferred 1 domain to NameSilo since I am also one of those that wait till the time to renewal come to transfer.

But when I did, that domain came with the previous nameserver config. (I was using cloudflare)

Someone with more experience might also share their 2c for better clarification.

Thanked by 1nekkid
  • OVH is cheapest right now because of the current € to $ exchange rate. Other than that NameSilo & Internetbs come to mind being cheapest without coupon codes.

• nekkidnekkid Member

@fametel said:
    OVH is cheapest right now because of the current € to $ exchange rate.

I cant find the menu item anywhere that shows domains, purchasing, pricing or transfers?? How reliable is this company?

• @nekkid said:
    I cant find the menu item anywhere that shows domains, purchasing, pricing or transfers?? How reliable is this company?

Here it is https://www.ovh.ie/domains/prices/ but it looks they have also increased their prices recently. com/net//org/info were 6.99 € to 7.99 € not very long ago. Possibly this increase is also because of devaluation of €. They provide free WHOIS & Anycast DNS for only 0.99 € per year. Their management panel will also amaze you with its automation features. Every domain comes with 10 MB free webspace which you can use for emails or a custom message for viewers of your website. From domain security point of view I really like it that you need to go through extensive verification in case you want a domain to be pushed to another user. 2 factor authorization also adds an additional layer of security.

But NameSilo is no less, they are not only cheap but in case you need support you will always get to talk to someone who knows what he is doing rather than just a quick response with "Have you tried this and that?". They also offer free WHOIS & will not even try to sell you email or DNS even. Only thing that some people don't like about them is their very limited range of supported TLDs.

TLDR:

OVH for cheap prices with free WHOIS & huge list of offered TLDs & cheaply priced addons

NameSilo for even cheaper prices & very knowledgeable support but very limited range of TLDs

Thanked by 1nekkid
  • Obviously whois.com is not very known but I got / had a bunch of domains with them and they're fine. Got good deals like all the time!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Namesilo <3.

Thanked by 1nekkid
  • nekkidnekkid Member

@Brian_lsh said:
    Google doesn't cost much more then others and provide free private whois

I am seriously interested in Google as well, but heard when they started management was very rudimentary & limited wondering if you see any improvement... or any feedback based on your use so far..

• I can't possible see google going any where and I only see it getting better. They are still beta but I now have 4 domains with them, 2 of which I transferred and that went smooth. I like there panel most, very clean and easy to navigate. Always hated the clutters and difficulties some other registrars put you through.