Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Which Payment Gateway Do You Prefer ?

Which Payment Gateway Do You Prefer ?

Rikimaru90Rikimaru90 Member
edited September 2012 in General

Well, in this week I want to start (again) selling domain since I have a good price (I think). My target market is worldwide, not only my country. My question is same like this discussion title, I have both paypal and libertyreserve, which do you prefer?

"I Always Happy ! The Secret Is, When Something Bad Happens, I Always Yell : Eeee... Macarena !!" :D

Tagged:

Comments

• PayPal, or 2CO.

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

IRC.FREENODE.NET #vpsBoard - Drop by and say, 'Hello'.
  • PayPal. Nearly everyone takes it and I don't like spreading my card across any more websites than I have to.

• Google Checkout...

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• Paypal all the way.

~ Jimmy VortexUnit. Who likes poptart.cats?
  • NickNick Member
    edited September 2012

Paypal.

• Paypal.

• PayPal.

• Analyzing the data, it appears most people prefer PayPal...

vpsBoard.com - Now with over 450 members! A friendly community with active discussion. Come join us!

• @MannDude said: Analyzing the data, it appears most people prefer PayPal...

Exactly, most people really a paypalholic.. Hahaha...

"I Always Happy ! The Secret Is, When Something Bad Happens, I Always Yell : Eeee... Macarena !!" :D

• I prefer PayPal since it's pretty much the standard right now.

• Paypal, for the ease to use and somehow safety.

• Paypal.

Rg Enzon, a User Interface Designer.
  • TazTaz Disabled

Cash.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• Personally I prefer credit card

• @FTN_Kevin said: Personally I prefer credit card

I'd never give any random host my CC#.

Not saying URpad is any random host, but you know what I mean. If you only offered CC via your site and no other payment gateway, I'd never use ya'.

• Paypal.

Fusioned | KVM SSD VPS | LSI RAID10 | Netherlands 1Gbps | R1Soft | IPv4 & IPv6 | SolusVM
  • laaevlaaev Member
    edited September 2012

@MannDude said: I'd never give >any random host my CC#.

Not saying URpad is any random host, but you know what I mean. If you only offered >CC via your site and no other payment gateway, I'd never use ya'.

What if its processed through a reputable payment processor such as Reg.net, authorize, or 2Checkout, and no information is stored on the host's database, and is directly processed with the payment processor? :)

P.S. Have you moved yet? Isn't it tomorrow? Have a safe trip!

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Cash.

If I have a lot of office worldwide, cash must be a good option... :p

@MannDude said: I'd never give any random host my CC#.

Just like vps.net ?

• @FTN_Kevin said: What if its processed through a reputable payment processor such as Reg.net, authorize, or 2Checkout, and no information is stored on the host's database, and is directly processed with the payment processor? :)

P.S. Have you moved yet? Isn't it tomorrow? Have a safe trip!

Well if it goes through a reputable processor, then yeah. But I'd never sign up for a host that wanted me to input that information directly to their site, especially if I didn't know how that info is stored.

And yup, I'm moving tomorrow unless the weather is bad. I hate driving in the rain, can't see shit. I don't have a GPS and my printer is out of ink, so I had to handwrite directions for the 550mile trip. I just hope I can drive, read my crap handwriting, and see road signs that I need to see... haha.

• Paypal and Local bank Transfer :D

My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
  • previously i did a local internet banking transfer + Paypal .

• I like 2CheckOut :D

Los Angeles VPS Inside of QuadraNet Datacenter http://semoweb.com/vps.html

• still prefer paypal than other payment processor

slow motion

• Paypal.

-- BOFH

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

PayPal first then Credit Card second, I don't like to give out Credit Cards to random sites.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• GarrettGarrett Member
    edited September 2012

Google Wallet, or CC.

• @Garrett said: Google Wallet, or CC.

i've worked for consulting companies before, and saw some of their clients DB having credit card info in plain text not hashed. scares mo to death to put out my CC out there.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Cash.

Eh okay.. wait what?

On-topic: WePay :3

• @jcaleb Yes, quite scary. Actually, now that I think about it, CC is a bad idea :\ Though technically, if I recall correctly, its illegal to process credit card transactions in the US without meeting some minimum security requirements and I'm pretty sure not storing unprotected card numbers is one of them.

• @Garrett said: Yes, quite scary. Actually, now that I think about it, CC is a bad idea :\ Though technically, if I recall correctly, its illegal to process credit card transactions in the US without meeting some minimum security requirements and I'm pretty sure not storing unprotected card numbers is one of them.

still scary. and also CC makes me spend so much more than I wanted to online. I might cancel my CC and get a prepaid one. Forgot what it's called. So I don't get enticed buying more domains and LEBs than I actually need

• I've been meaning to get a vanilla visa card, I hear they have pretty good acceptance rates online.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Paypal, 2co and google checkout.

Cheap $9/Year Hosting - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - cPanel/SolusVM/CloudLinux License - BTC/PM
  • hard to not go for paypal

OneAsiaHost Singapore based VPS
  • Anyone tried DalPay.com? It's an Icelandic company, I havent used them myself.

• joepie91joepie91 Member
    edited September 2012

I absolutely hate PayPal (for more than one reason), but sadly they appear to be the only payment processor that does two-way bank transfers in the Netherlands, and is accepted at many places. I don't exactly have a choice.

If I could choose freely regardless of acceptance, Bitcoin. No account freezes, no issue in going from bank to wallet, etc.

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member without signature

I don't use anything that requires me to pass my CC to a small known payment processor or even website. Paypal and Google Checkout are fine.

• PayPal the safer way to get paid :)

Instant OpenVZ/Xen VPS in UK, DE, US, FR, CH, NL - PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WM, PM, STP, OKPay, CashU, Ukash, AliPay
  • Anyone try amazon payments?

• I have to admit i really do like paypal, but i am also a fan of 2checkout.

SupremeBytes, LLC - Damien Burke

• PayPal, I don't mind 2checkout though.

- Ishaq
  • Prefer: PayPal Creditcard over well known interface (Worldpay i.e.) Like: Liberty Reserve (no chargebacks) Raiffeisenbank (Austrian bank mainly used in Russia/Ukraine/GUS, Payment by CC and other forms) Dislike: Webmoney CC stored in the panel, used on unknown processor

Opinions/Posts are to be assumed my own/personal and not company related unless obvious
    Working @ EDIS and owning some others (and/or parts of) | Available for consulting | http://as198412.net | https://william.si

• For credit card payments direct - Nochex, Worldpay, HSBC Direct, SagePay or legal known companies who have been running for years Payza PayPal

• I am a pretty big fan of using PayPal with MicroPayments. It has cut most of my fees in half.

• Google Checkout is where its at for me, then PayPal

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff
    edited September 2012

@ryanarp said: MicroPayments

I've always wanted to test that, is that for US only?

我是一个巨魔 (;

• Paypal, just works.