Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good payment gateway for personal developer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good payment gateway for personal developer?

seikanseikan Member

I'm currently using PayPal express checkout to receive payment from my client. May I know if there any alternative payment gateway for personal?

I tried 2Checkout but they seems like need a business registration.

Comments

• Stripe, if you can get the github student pack you get $1000 with no fees as well.

• @SNetworks1 Thanks for the clue, I will look into it.

• If you are on one of the Stripe countries, yeah, use it, I'm jealous of not being on one of those countries because I can't use their API :p

And Github Student Pack really provides you with some awesome tools you can use.

• KBVEKBVE Member

I remember the github student pack also gave you a SSL cert too and a free .ME domain;

You can also use Bitpay with ShapeShift.io to accept Cryptocurrencies (like 20 of them).

• jhjh Member

Not sure on Braintree's policy wrt personal accounts but they're giving away £30k in free transactions and they're not on a banning spree.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

gumroad

• I just found ut Stripe is not supporting my country. That's bad.

• Amazon payments?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@seikan can you clarify what you're looking for that Paypal isn't accomplishing for you?

• @perennate Some of the clients insist no using PayPal, and some of them do not have PayPal in their country. So I have to look alternatives.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

You can also process cards with Skrill. A few years ago they asked for docs if I remember well - not sure now.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2015

Transferwise has great rates, straight to a bank account.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We found Stripe and Braintree to be particularly developer friendly.

• Every payment gateway has it's pros and cons. Stripe is no exception as you need to be from a few countries in order to signup for it. You have to realize though that these restrictions are in some ways good because they're trying to keep a good relationship with the credit companies (Visa, American Express, Mastercard, etc). Out of these payment gateways which ones aren't you eligible for?