Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Commercialmedia? Anyone used them? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Commercialmedia? Anyone used them?

Comments

• @AsadHaider said: @Spencer Do you get to meet Mike Jones?

Yes! He is the only sales guy and gives all the tours

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

@Spencer So... how was the tour?

Also, Mike finally replied to my EMail after 30 days or so!

uh

• My ass they are catching up on orders, haven't set mine up for almost two weeks now.

Don't reply to emails, and if they do, they never reply to what I reply to them. EVER.

And phone, uh, "voicemailbox full" D:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Mike called me today while I was napping (life is short naps for me, 8 hours of continuous sleep is a fantasy). Said they've been pretty busy, wants to chat this week. I probably don't have time though unfortunately. Really would like to hear some experiences before I continue any dialogue...

• @jarland

Bad. Bad. Bad. Too many broken promises. And they won't pick up my phone calls, even though I'm a customer.

So, bad so far.

Thanked by 2jar MartinD

I mean he seems friendly but maybe he got in over his head and made too many promises? Just a bunch of things that don't add up, but glad we've got LET on the case ;)

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited October 2012

@jarland

Honestly, this is how it went:

Phone them for order two weeks ago. First promise: Friday.

On Friday, I phone them, they pick up, then they said Weekend/Monday. Ok, fine.

Monday - Nope, what about Friday

Friday - Sorry, how about next week, such as Monday

Monday (today) - Still did not get server, not picking up phones for the last week OR answered to my email in 4 hours (And since he just answered SN, he saw mine).

D:

/rant

Thanked by 2jar SimpleNode
  • Just go with DataShack they had me up & running in under 24 hours. Is the cost saving really worth the lack of support, what happens if you have a critical issue?

• @jkr1711
    Do they offer IPv6 ?
    How are the prices for IPv4 networks ?

• @liam said: Have they taken any money of anyone who hasn't got their server yet?

raises hand slowly

• @liam

They are not answering my emails/phone calls, so I'm guessing a refund is the best case scenario now. I'm just going to wait until Friday.

• @nethawk I'll ask mike later tonight

My server seems to be running fine; their system flagged up my server and disconnected it from the network as it was utilizing 100% of my port. They said this only happened because I was a new customer (it looked suspicious) and that they've sorted it out. I rang them last night (around 1pm EST) and I got a phone call answer so maybe try ringing them around that time?

I'm quite happy with them; support could be a lot quicker and they could have a toll-free/international number but otherwise seems to be ok.

• I just emailed them :)

• @SimpleNode said: @Spencer So... how was the tour?

Im going tomorrow, we shall see.

• @Spencer said: Im going tomorrow, we shall see.

What happens if we never hear from you again?

Thanked by 1klikli
  • nocomnocom Member
    edited October 2012

http://www.commercialmedia.com/company/news/ ....interesting
    http://www.commercialmedia.com/services/colocation/ .....Selected Clients also interesting

@jkr1711 said: 100% of my port

is that false monitoring or limit is below guaranted service

• @nocom false monitoring from what they guy on the phone said; they said they've added a note on my server to make sure it doesn't happen again

• @AsadHaider said: What happens if we never hear from you again?

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

I'd warn everyone against these people.

Broken promises on time and a pain to get a to get a refund from.

I bought two servers to host a family members Minecraft clan.

Two weeks and a few days later no server delivered and had to dispute the transaction as they refunded but it "didnt show".

Stay WELL CLEAR!

Thanked by 1jar
    edited October 2012

Weird. I took the leap to get one for personal use/backups. Figured I can't lose if it's not a business transaction for me. Delivered on time, followed up with an email asking if it met expectations. Surely not favoritism, you've been in business longer than me I'm pretty certain.

Network exceeds expectations on first impression.

• Actually, CM really seems to be on the ball now, I'm getting servers I ordered delivered in a one day.

ServerBear running on it right now.

Also, I skyped Spencer about CM, and from what I hear, they are legit, and "quite nice". I'll see how my servers go.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Jimmy you are reselling their servers so I'd expect this type of reply :)

People can use my experience or not!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @lele0108 said: Also, I skyped Spencer about CM, and from what I hear, they are legit, and "quite nice".

Yea I LOVE the place. They are very customer focused.

• It's only a matter of time...

• Also does anyone have any pictures of what their facility looks like?

• @Brandon said: Also does anyone have any pictures of what their facility looks like?

I have been there, I dont have pictures but I will draw out a floor plan for you.

• @Spencer said: I have been there, I dont have pictures but I will draw out a floor plan for you.

Thanks and how does it compare with other facilities you've been to?

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited October 2012

Here is their layout. It is a very small DC, but great people. They use two offices that are side by side. You can't get from one side to the other via the inside so you have to walk around.
    There are no raised floors and the AC is 'portable' units like the one below
    But it wasn't hot in there. It was about 70 degrees with very low humidity.

Here is the layout

Forgot to mention, they are building a new DC in innercity baltimore in an old bank datacenter. That one will have raised flowers proper cooling and everything.

And here are their generators, yes they have backup powers along with APC, we are not talking about FDC here

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited October 2012

Commercial Media E3-1230v2 Bench:

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2012/10/10/XyvORf9S83B1IBXz

tl;dr CPU + I/O are typical, network is great in US, currently meh elsewhere.

Thanked by 1serverbear

Looks like we're dealing with a legit operation. I'll be fair and say that this could end up like VolumeDrive in the way that some have a great experience and others just seem to get ignored. It's just too early to tell. Mike seems great. So do the guys from VolumeDrive. This is one to watch.