Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how create multiple gre tunnels with 1 main server? (for proxy)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how create multiple gre tunnels with 1 main server? (for proxy)

There are few problems about what i want to talk with people at this community (many of you guys very smart and cool, maybe someone can help me for a newbie to understand, because googling do not help alot).

My situation:

IP: 1.1.1.1, tcp ports: 1000,2000 -> Game Server

• IP 2.2.2.2 tcp ports: 5000,6000 -> Proxy Server #1
  • IP 3.3.3.3 tcp ports: 7000,8000 -> Proxy Server #2
  • IP 4.4.4.4 tcp ports: 3000,4000 -> Proxy Server #3

I want organize proxy servers for the main server with saving client IP (for bans, and other admin actions with accounts).

GRE

I found GRE, and it works very well, it's do what i need.

• Example*

Player A with ip 202.100.100.100 -> Proxy Server with IP 2.2.2.2 -> Proxy Server somehow (GRE magic) transfer data to Game server (internal network) with ip 1.1.1.1, and on game server i see real player ip (202.100.100.100, and NOT 2.2.2.2 (like any dnat redirect))

I was follow this guide : http://itschr.is/?p=145, and it works perfect like i need. But i want to add more proxies, and i can't understand what to do, but with only 1 all works perfect.

My questions:

1. I do not know how add extra GRE tunnels between 1.1.1.1, and rest Proxy servers.
  2. Are there any other solutions for things what i request?
  3. How add extra GRE tunnels from 3.3.3.3 to game server (1.1.1.1), and 4.4.4.4 to 1.1.1.1?
  4. Please, can you write any examples? (i'm total lamer, and when i trying to google, i do not know what to search, because i'm not administrator).

Thank you very much !

Thanked by 1WSCallum

Comments

• any?

• MountMount Member

Just do the commands twice, yet use another ip in the block and interface. So where you see 192.168.10.2 make it 192.168.10.3.

At the (mc) server side use gre2 instead of gre1, point to the above adress.. Do all the lines except for the echo and ip rule add.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Agree with @Mount, but would suggest using separate /30 blocks
    so IP 1 and 2 for gre1, IP 5 and 6 for gre2, IP 9 and 10 for gre3, etc

http://www.aelius.com/njh/subnet_sheet.html

Thanked by 1desperand
  • @Mount said:
    Just do the commands twice, yet use another ip in the block and interface. So where you see 192.168.10.2 make it 192.168.10.3.

At the (mc) server side use gre2 instead of gre1, point to the above adress.. Do all the lines except for the echo and ip rule add.
    @FrankZ said:
    Agree with Mount, but would suggest using separate /30 blocks
    so IP 1 and 2 for gre1, IP 5 and 6 for gre2, IP 9 and 10 for gre3, etc

http://www.aelius.com/njh/subnet_sheet.html

thank you. I forgot about subnets(

• I'm dumb... i can't configure it...

Anybody have exprience about how organize next system?