Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ignore me - just a misunderstanding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ignore me - just a misunderstanding

imagineimagine Member
edited April 2015 in General

I've been using the new CloudFlare control panel for the last few weeks, and took a closer look at some of the new information on it last night.

It seems that for free domains they now plan to limit the number of records that you can enable the reverse proxy on.

I suppose that 9 is a fair amount for most domains, and it won't be affecting any of my free domains, as far as I can see, but just a heads up!

Edit: Or, just ignore that, as it's the total amount of records - purely a stat. Whoops.

Thanked by 1Riz

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

I've already some domains with 9+. This is going to suck.

• @kcaj said:
    I've already some domains with 9+. This is going to suck.

for me 4 of 12 eligible

• @imagine said:

Well for me the original panel is much more better

• J1021J1021 Member

That has still allowed me to add a new record and have it routed via CloudFlare.

On another domain. Perhaps just a glitch?

• rokokrokok Member
    edited April 2015

Start hating cf... Now every time i open any website and ended up with cloudflare interface error related, I blame cloudflare :p

• I don't think they are limiting it, it's just there for reference.

• NomadNomad Member

4 of 18 for one, 5 of 13 for one... It's all different. The number is (dns records on cloudflare - 1) for any domain I checked.

• definedcodedefinedcode Member
    edited April 2015

I don't think they're limiting it. I think they're just displaying how many records can actually be Cloudflare backed. Since I can't enable Cloudflare on 2 of my records since they're wildcard (*.xyz) records and therefore only have 21 eligible records out of 23 total records.

• It's just statistics. :)

• Well that makes me look like an idiot. Perhaps sleepy daze is not the best way to asess these things :) - and sheer chance that both domains I looked at have the same total number of records.

• I think it's just for reference..

• kcaj said: I've already some domains with 9+. This is going to suck.

Indeed, one of mine has a good 40 records or so, damn it.

This discussion has been closed.