Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud???

Found this looking for some help with the Runabove panel

http://www.arubacloud.com

I didn't investigated too much, it's VMWare, it's cheap, and also they have some plans with HyperV at a reasonable price. Any idea who is this company?

Comments

• ZeroZero Member

Should be the cloud services from Aruba, pretty known in Italy, they have their own DC, but I can't say nothing about the service since I've never been with them.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Same, never been with them.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2015

I am wondering - do they offer "cloud VPS" at every location listed under their "infrastructure" website section.
    If someone's not too lazy http://www.arubacloud.com/free-trial-flashpromo.aspx

• Pay attention to the pricing - RAM costs the more, the bigger is VPS. Unusual pricing.

• Need "Copy of ID / Passport" ...

• hotsnow said: Need "Copy of ID / Passport" ...

They requested that to you?

• MuZoMuZo Member

yomero said: They requested that to you?

when registering a new account:

Your Aruba account will be validated upon your first order.

In order to validate your account, you need to provide the following:
       - Individual: copy of valid ID card / passport.
       - Company: any company registration document.

• i've known about these lot for some time (usually from google ads)

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2015

Edit: crap...

@Muzo Thanks for the information. So is a no for individuals =P (at least I don't want to give them my docs)

• pcanpcan Member

Arubacloud is a brand of the Aruba group, a 500 people company based in Italy. They built 2 datacenters in the same town in Italy and acquired another one in czech republic. They launched the public cloud service in 2011 for domestic customers, the international web site is online since 2014. I rented a dedicated server for a short time in 2008, but now I use Aruba for email services and digital certificates only. Support is slow (at least for the budget services I use), the service works, I experienced 2 full-day outages a few years ago but everything is going smooth now. They sent me a free voucher for Arubacloud last year but I never had the time to try the service.

I guess they have the ID card copy of a sizeable part of the italian population, several millions at least, because Aruba group is the leading provider in Italy of sensitive services such as email with legally binding value. To enable some services I even had to go at the registry office and have the ID card copy signed and stamped for authentication. I trust they keep this data properly secured.

Thanked by 2Spirit wolfman
  • ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

Hello everybody from ArubaCloud and thanks to @pcan for our company description. we are here to answer your questions about cloud and vps!

• WHTWHT Member

@ArubaCloud said:
    Hello everybody from ArubaCloud and thanks to pcan for our company description. we are here to answer your questions about cloud and vps!

I have deleted the VPS and lost the credit. Why is this?
    Second question: I was not asked for a copy of ID etc. Am afraid to be suspended.

• MadMad Member
    edited October 2015

@ArubaCloud said:
    Hello everybody from ArubaCloud and thanks to pcan for our company description. we are here to answer your questions about cloud and vps!

I'm probably offside but it's a good practice to read the forum rules before taking any action, in particular I'm referring to your signature:

Signatures may contain only text, with a maximum of two lines, and hyperlinks, with a maximum of three in total [...] This includes giving color to text or making it stand out more than normal content.

Thanked by 2Aga TehRawrz
  • Been with them for a few months now and have to say the service is very good. The pricing for small VMWare with 6 locations for 1 EUR per month is simply fantastic. Good uptime and pretty solid. Had no issues.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @apidevlab said:
    Been with them for a few months now and have to say the service is very good. The pricing for small VMWare with 6 locations for 1 EUR per month is simply fantastic. Good uptime and pretty solid. Had no issues.

I can second that... (keeping fingers crossed)

edited October 2015

@andreamada we read the rules and we have sent also a message to LET moderator before use it

@apidevlab and @mehargags thanks for the comments. 1€ VPS will continue in the long period cause we want give to everybody the change to try cloud solutions before select the best vps features. For ex. many people start from 1€ and go up to our best seller vps cause they need more iaas power

• MadMad Member
    edited October 2015

@ArubaCloud did you get the approvation?

It's always funny to see such exceptions, but you are a member like anyone else so I think that's not honest. You are not different after all.

I'm neither accusing you nor invidious, just to be transparent ;)

Thanked by 1Aga
  • GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited October 2015

@Spirit said:
    I am wondering - do they offer "cloud VPS" at every location listed under their "infrastructure" website section.

They do.

• Geekoine said: They do.

Why are you quoting Spirit?

• ErawanArifNugroho said: Why are you quoting Spirit?

I miss him very much :(

• @Spirit said:
    If someone's not too lazy http://www.arubacloud.com/free-trial-flashpromo.aspx

don't mind giving ID, but haven't received SMS in an hour or so. figured it'd be something that was sent automatic?

@andreamada said:
    I'm neither accusing you nor invidious, just to be transparent ;)

We want to transparent too and close to LET community. For that, we will change our signature.

Thanked by 1Mad