Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SAS VS SATA VS SSHD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SAS VS SATA VS SSHD

ShivamShivam Member
edited April 2015 in Help

SAS [7200RPM]
SATA [7200RPM]
SSHD [7200 RPM]

I want to know what you guys think would have the better performance and if you could fill me in why? because i'm trying to understand whats the difference between each one.

Regards

Whats your choice?
  1. What do you think is the best?32 votes
    1. SSHD [7200]
      21.88%
    2. SAS [7200]
      71.88%
    3. SATA [7200]
        6.25%

Comments

• SSHD from my own tests performs just like a standard sata but faster boot times (probably catching boot files in it's ssd) (I have a Momentus XT 750GB (7200RPM)

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

Your 7200 RPM SSD is custom made, out of a cart, a compact disc and a hamster in a wheel cage?

Edit: My bad, thanks @comXyz

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @deadbeef said:
    Your 7200 RPM SSD is custom made, out of a cart, a compact disc and a hamster in a wheel cage?

It's SSHD

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @comXyz said:
    It's SSHD

I stand corrected, thank you.

• tehere are SAS15K SSHD according to tests that drive has 800+ iops but it is expensive and ssd are getting bigger fast enough ...

normal sshd got in most cases 8GB ssd which is not big enough

• Talking about the 7200 RPM Drives which is the best?

• And why, atm seems its SAS

• SATA, if you have costs to consider.

• It depends on what you'd want to use it for, if you need lots of IOPS then SSD, if you need lots of space then SATA.

I've never seen the point of 7200RPM SAS drives since even with Sata the interface is rarely the bottleneck in the case of 7200Rpm drives.