Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a HUGE demand for VPS reseller services?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a HUGE demand for VPS reseller services?

Good day to everyone,

As per the title, is there?

Lower costs to start KVM/OVZ/XEN vps services w/o the burden of having any dedicated servers or server administration know-how. Just revamp your website, get a reseller package, configure billing if needed and you're ready to go. Minimum capital required, provider will be assisting with support...........

Views, views and more views, please, thank you very much. ;)

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Nope.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

There are people who offer this. For example:

http://www.jollyworkshosting.com/affordable_vps_reseller.php

(I've never used them.)

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • cociucociu Member

i am interesed too in this thread :) i was thinking this days to implement this options

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • Sometimes I wonder whether there are actually more dealers than addicts.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2015

@cociu could be a very good choice ;)

wonder if there are any aspiring entrepreneurs who'd like to comment?

@kontam so do I

• most of the times i seen people asking for reseller vps's they always want a pay as you go & white label service so no upfront payments. if you can provide that then you will get some good business.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • @Scottsman duly noted. Does this mean reseller will need API for provision and payment?

• @century1stop yes or something like a whmcs module

• @Scottsman APIs will be possible but require some work with application. WHMCS ModulesGarden Reseller module needs a reseller account available if I'm not wrong :)

Truly appreciate your feedback, thank you.

• @century1stop whmcs and solus vm can do the job i think http://wiki.whmcs.com/SolusVM

• @Scottsman yea it's possible but WHMCS / SolusVM module does not support Kvm and a SolusVM reseller account must be available

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • I cannot understand any demand for reselling vps. At least, from the client's prespective. If I want to buy a vps for production purposes or anything serious, I will chose a fully respected vps provider that is long enough in bussiness and has their own racks in a datacenter. I wouldn't trust a vps provider that seem to just rented a couple of nodes and setup there a solus starting to sell containers. And the reason is this: if I setup there an infrastructure, will this vps exists in 5-6 months or a year? Or I will wake up one day and see my stuff is gone and my service is off line for hours?
    So, how a guy that want to get into server business can trust a vps provider for reselling? Cheap offers that can lead to a minimum profit to vps reseller, is being done out there by fresh or unknown "companies". Bigger ones that have reselling programs, are much more expensive.

TL;DR Nope.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • @jvnadr does this mean reselling vps on LET won't work whereby doing it elsewhere will? Reseller programs by biggies do rather well even at higher prices but may not be any different in terms of performance, uptime, etc. etc.

• century1stop said: does this mean reselling vps on LET won't work whereby doing it elsewhere will? Reseller programs by biggies do rather well even at higher prices but may not be any different in terms of performance, uptime, etc. etc.

IMO, not only in LET. Nowere. And biggies do have reselling programs, because the reseller can be sure that the suplier of those vps's won't go anywhere soon, not because of prices.
    I do not buy from biggies (like AWS etc.) because there are plenty of companies here that I can trust they won't go away soon and they are much cheaper. But, if you resell services, can you rely to a LET company to do your job? Or will the price model of reselling, let's say, Linode, wil gain any profit to you?

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • @jvnadr good point, but does that mean it'll work out if the LET co. doesn't run away or something, and able to "do the job"?

• earlearl Member

I wouldn't mind a reseller vps.. not for reselling but for personal use.. I bet if it was put on the offer page that you get access to solusvm reseller it would be a good selling feature, at least it's different..

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • Sounds like the coolest gateway into a shit ton of abuse.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2015

@Gunter LoL

@earl something like that but you don't get a "vps" per say, you get a SolusVM reseller panel that allows you to provision specific no. of VMs with certain configuration. For instance if it's a 2GB RAM package and up to 8 VMs are allowed, you'll get 8 x 256MB instances or 1 x 1GB, 4 x 256MB whichever may be the case.

user interface will be exactly the same as any other.

• earlearl Member

@century1stop said:

earl something like that but you don't get a "vps" per say, you get a SolusVM reseller panel that allows you to provision specific no. of VMs with certain configuration. For instance if it's a 2GB RAM package and up to 8 VMs are allowed, you'll get 8 x 256MB instances.

yes.. thats why i would want it.. so i can create custom spec vps within my given resources.

there use to be a provider here offering somethng similar, where you can create multiple vps's within the limits of your given resource. it was based on Google's Ganeti. I only had two ips so i could only create 2 instances but i was able to allocate say more ram to one and more disk to the other... i really liked it.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • @earl good to hear but it's kinda difficult to have it on LET, pricing constraints. To avoid possible service issues, high performances servers are required coz we'll have no idea or control over what resellers will do with their resources. ;)

• earlearl Member

By the way volume drive actually offers this service.. I did buy it but they never created my account so after a week of waiting I ended up just canceling..

http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=promo

• @earl they get to it eventually, just slow. :)

problem with this is too lil' support from billing applications, needs to be done manually for now

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@century1stop said:
    earl they get to it eventually, just slow. :)

problem with this is too lil' support from billing applications, needs to be done manually for now

Actually I would not have minded waiting if they told me a real time frame..thinking on it again I think it may have been closer to two or three weeks, they just kept promising tomorrow for sure but never got delivered.. Wasn't worth hassle I ended up using the credit towards my dedi.

Update:

Just wondering why is this in the offers section.. You know its set to sink right?

• @earl yup, that's volumedrive but we just don't have that sorta patience. getting things started is the key issue but once servers' up, their service is pretty good

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@century1stop said:
    earl yup, that's volumedrive but we just don't have that sorta patience. getting things started is the key issue but once servers' up, their service is pretty good

Its only good if you get to deal with Josh directly.. Things get done amazingly quick. If you're dealing with tech support its eh..

last time I bought a server from them they only gave me half the ram and half the drive size. Didn't feel like bothering Josh so never really got that resolved, just canceled it at end of month...

But overall I would still buy again.. If they have a really good deal.

• @earl same here and quadix seem a tad better, not sure what's going on there

• earlearl Member

@century1stop said:
    earl same here and quadix seem a tad better, not sure what's going on there

Can't say i've had the chance to try Quadix.. Currently all the good deals seems to be in France..

Gotta say.. the French really know how to give a good deal, and the support and automation in their servers is just terrific!

• @earl yup, wonder if it's started by OVH?

I dare say their rates are better than when you colocate own servers, minus the flexibility of course

• earl said: I wouldn't mind a reseller vps.. not for reselling but for personal use.. I bet if it was put on the offer page that you get access to solusvm reseller it would be a good selling feature, at least it's different..

Totally agree, nut this is different. I have a shared reseller account from BuyVM for personal use. I am not selling hosting slots but I do have full access to WHM and customize every different web site for partners / clients individually. So, a solusvm access for personal use and not reselling, should be nice, depending always to the price.

Thanked by 1earl
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2015

there are some resellers before here. E.g. BuffaloVPS

Thanked by 1century1stop