Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Official WebHosting Fail Discussion Topic

Official WebHosting Fail Discussion Topic

ZenZen Member
edited October 2012 in General

I'de like to take a minute to let everyone know that we've gotten our site off the ground and posted our first failure.

Thanks to :

Jack from DotVPS (hosting + domain) Taz from NinjaHawk (configuration and writing)

http://webhostingfail.com/

Comments

• I like it. Too late for the hosting squad.

• TazTaz Disabled
    edited September 2012

Well we can always have new ones ( Some about to hit anyway).

And congrats @Jack.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• Excellent job, everyone involved :) Need to add this one to my list now.

• Blog's name header says Webhostingfai, missing a 'l' there, @Zen.

-- BOFH

• @Zen Add DomVps

• Whoever typed up that post has alot of free time. :-)

• @Wintereise said: Blog's name header says Webhostingfai, missing a 'l' there, @Zen.

Probably on purpose? LOL.

BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • TazTaz Disabled

@Jacob said: Whoever typed up that post has alot of free time. :-)

Zen did :P

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• @Wintereise said: Webhostingfai

Blame it on Taz_NinjaHawk <3

• Hopefully it will get a good amount of viewers and articles :)

• @Zen

Aahha hilarious :) I didnt know about his flippa post and to sue his client, that ridiculous :) ....

• TazTaz Disabled

Yes, Zen did a helluva research on those.

• +1

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• We need a WebHostingFail Quotes section.

A simple page, with a random giant quote from a WHF provider in the middle.

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• @SimpleNode said: We need a WebHostingFail Quotes section.

@Zen is coding some type contact form I think.

• @SimpleNode said: We need a WebHostingFail Quotes section.

I'll work on it.

@Jack said: @Zen is coding some type contact form I think.

That too.

• Jack still hasn't sent me my WHF login. Oh well. D:

Shane Elmore | Programmer In Progress

• @Jack said: @Zen is coding some type contact form I think.

No, I meant like (opens photoshop)

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

Without further adieu

Needs to be "Without further ado". Adieu means goodbye

Nice, hilarious site :)

• @Zen said: I'll work on it.

Like this! (dodgy thing I threw together in 1 minute)

whfquote

• TazTaz Disabled

A page with funny quotes?

• @SimpleNode said: Like this! (dodgy thing I threw together in 1 minute)

PM me if you think you could provide me with HTML for something like that. I'm not even a good coder but what I do code is -always- backend. So if you had a template with those styles that I could use I would be grateful.

• You'll probably want to use linebreaks instead of new paragraphs in your references section, it looks very spaced out right now :) Shift+Enter should do the job. Otherwise, Ctrl+Enter.

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

• $91/month, that guy is ballin!

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited September 2012

The share thing on the right make its extremely annoying to read.

edit* I browse on a portrait monitor so thats probably whats making it take up a quarter of the text.

• It looks like I know that templates. It's Radius right?

My blog | Server Uptime | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.image
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said: It looks like I know that templates. It's Radius right?

Correct.

• @AsadHaider said: Too late for the hosting squad.

Can't we add it anyway?

And too early for SwitchVM? :p

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
    Thanked by 1Legendlink
  • Honestly cant even tell if dewlance is trolling or not anymore, lol this cannot be real. Or maybe I just don't want to believe....

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • home page should have a character limit that then provides a link to "read full story" (so each story doesn't stretch it)

• The Dewlancers will sue.... :)

• @winston said: home page should have a character limit that then provides a link to "read full story" (so each story doesn't stretch it)

Working on it.

Update :

Added submission guidelines and submission form.

• Update (double post cause I'm awesome) - done. @winston

Thanked by 1winston
  • @Zen I like it!

• about that logo did you get permission from disney for that?

Thanked by 1tux
  • Nope, I'm happy to wait until they send me an email then I'll post it as a fail.

• LoL!!! classic!!! Love it by the way. Some day I will probably end up there for my views on ssl and such. But hey as a now defunct advertising agency told me. "any news with your name in it, is good news"

• ^_^ remember that not everyone we post about should take it personally, lets all admit a fail is a fail. If you do get posted it isn't some sort of vendetta. @24khost's post reminded me, that's the type of mentality which is great to see.

• Hey, I am not afraid to admit that I see things differently than some others. We are all welcome to opinions. I admit my opinion is not the popular one. It may not even be the correct one. There are bigger fails though than somebodies stance on ssl. Things like fraud, Dewlance, all sorts of bigger issues.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • Did you purposely make your logo ugly, or what?

When you find that perfect VPS, KEEP IT.

• ZenZen Member
    edited September 2012

@Zetta said: Did you purposely make your logo ugly, or what?

It was thrown together by me in 10 minutes, as a joke more than anything. Hence the Goofy. It is being formatted as wide-stretch by WordPress which is something I've ignored. I'll see if I can get it fixed up, either way I'm open to someone designing something a little better, but for now I think its fine.

• @Zen said: I'de like to take a minute to let everyone know that we've gotten our site off the ground and posted our first failure.

Can you do a web hosting success too? It should work both ways.

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
  • ZenZen Member
    edited September 2012

@concerto49 said: Can you do a web hosting success too? It should work both ways.

Already planned. Will probably be listed on the same site, but we need to keep the ratio fair so we'll work on fails first. (easier to find successes than fails)

• @Zen said: easier to find successes than fails

Today's success can be tomorrows failure.

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
  • @miTgiB said: Today's success can be tomorrows failure.

Exactly. ;)

• MikHoMikHo Member
    edited September 2012

Submission guidelines gives me a 404 page.

Thats a fail :)

http://www.lowendguide.com/ - the guides to administer your lowend vps | Make money writing tutorials
    Free CPanel Shared Hosting Locations: Miami (US) | Rotterdam (NL)
  • TazTaz Disabled

@MikHo Try now, I have been playing with the permalinks. sorry.

• TazTaz Disabled

Update: Permalink added.

@Zen and @SimpleNode I think we can create a separate page/post with quotes. No need to add additional plugin/code.

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@serverbear said: $91/month, that guy is ballin!

I swear that's UK slang..

我是一个巨魔 (;