Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

explain the logic? ddos'd

explain the logic? ddos'd

ajonesajones Banned
edited September 2012 in General

So, I get sponsored by bigscoots 50% sponsorship, so I have to pay $50 and I put my website on it, the DNS has not even bet set to update yet, no one knows IP, I was just changing settings on cPanel/WHM and was installing firewall, it "got ddosed"

Logs(fake):

Event at Wed Sep 19 12:33:02 CDT 2012 > Stage 1 output: > 50.31.99.204 Mbps:237 pps:36723 > Stage 2 output: > Mbps: 291 pps: 45057 TCP: 0% UDP: 97% ICMP: 2% Misc: 0% Frag: 17% > TCP stats -- SYN: 0% FIN: 0% RST: 0% ACK: 0% > Top TCP port # 80 (0%) Top UDP port # 64512 (3%) > Top IP: 163.139.230.168 (0%)

Yet, no one but me knew the server IP? Explain?

Comments

• Random DDoS occurs from time to time.

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • Nothing new here..

• TazTaz Disabled

@ajones said: So, I get sponsored by bigscoots 50% sponsorship, so I have to pay $50 and I put my website on it, the DNS has not even bet set to update yet, no one knows IP, I was just changing settings on cPanel/WHM and was installing firewall, it "got ddosed"

Logs(fake):

Event at Wed Sep 19 12:33:02 CDT 2012 > Stage 1 output: > 50.31.99.204 Mbps:237 pps:36723 > Stage 2 output: > Mbps: 291 pps: 45057 TCP: 0% UDP: 97% ICMP: 2% Misc: 0% Frag: 17% > TCP stats -- SYN: 0% FIN: 0% RST: 0% ACK: 0% > Top TCP port # 80 (0%) Top UDP port # 64512 (3%) > Top IP: 163.139.230.168 (0%)

Yet, no one but me knew the server IP? Explain?

Hackforum retention?

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Justin also told a lie when he was on live support with me. Then he claims he never lies, when I call him out on it, he exists the chat.

• anyways, I'm looking for a new provider. I have $70+ to spend to run my project A+ Forums (80,000 unique hits over 3 months)

• Maybe someone typed the wrong IP or that was a previous target and someone had order to ddos it regularly, who knows... M

Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my drive A: ?

• Those logs seem legit enough.

-- BOFH

• @ajones said: I have $70+ to spend to run my project A+ Forums (80,000 unique hits over 3 months)

888 unique hits per day? Any LEB should be able to handle this. Even shared hosting would work. And both would be much cheaper than $70.

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • Well, I just need a new provider then. This downtime is making me mad. I get over 2000+ hits a day. I need my website to work.

• TazTaz Disabled

@Damian said: 888 unique hits per day? Any LEB should be able to handle this. Even shared hosting would work. And both would be much cheaper than $70.

Buddy, not really interested in seeing another 1000 post thread.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• I just need to have something with little to no downtime.

• Throwing money at a problem doesn't always fix things. Go and get shared hosting with Hostgator.

I work for Nodisto.

• I'm not going to dignify this post by starting an argument, I will however provide 1 response to clear the air. I'm simply going to state that we went out of our way for a second time to try and accommodate ajones' particular situation. Within 24 hours of both (2 separate) sign ups they were the single target of a 8GB/s DDoS, the first one also attacking them personally at home.

The null route was applied inside 2 minutes but not after affecting our network. We proceeded to give a full refund, ate the costs of cPanel as well as the bandwidth overages as well as the compensation to our affected clients AND THEN we are suggested to be lieing? Come on now... I don't know about the rest of you, but we certainly love to fake DDoS attacks and get our jollies out of the response.

We've got the logs, graphs, what ever you need to put this claim to bed for those interested. Clearly ajones is a target for DDoS, it was not random, it was isolated to their previously unused IP (2) twice, over two separate occurrences. But yet again, BigScoots goes way above the typical provider in terms of how we handle a DDoS, we're not going to lay down and accept the tone seen in this discussion thread as clearly this is not a once sided argument.

Best of luck to you ajones.

BigScoots.com -- a 100% positively reviewed premium grade Shared, VPS, Hybrid and Dedicated hosting company that specializes in industry leading support and management. Check us out today and experience the difference!

Thanked by 1Nick_A

I work for Nodisto.

Thanked by 2Jar miTgiB
  • Well @ajones you do advertise booters on hack forum...

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • TazTaz Disabled

@Zen out of popcorn?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: @Zen out of popcorn?

No way, just preparing myself. Popcorn diet is good diet, but need to prepare with biscuit and other assorted foods.

I work for Nodisto.

• Take a look at JavaPipe, They should be able to accomodate your needs if you have a large attack following you.

• @Spencer said: Well @ajones you do advertise booters on hack forum...

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Randy

I work for Nodisto.

Thanked by 1Jar
  • 8GB/s or 8Gb/s? @BigScoots

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: 8GB/s or 8Gb/s?

Does it matter? It seems @ajones is lacking proper parental supervision and/or beatings.

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
    Thanked by 2marrco BigScoots
  • Hackfourm kids get everything they deserve. Yous getting booted son

Thanked by 1BigScoots
  • @miTgiB said: Does it matter? It seems @ajones is lacking proper parental supervision and/or beatings.

Does it matter? Dunno, personally I don't care, was just trolling. And yeah, I agree with you.

• @DotAL said: Your budget is monthly ?

Yeah.

• I'm honestly not surprised...

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4695/survived-3gbps-ddos-on-a-leb/p1

How do we know this wasn't you testing it again?

• I'm with BigScoots on this one!

Internap VPS, Web Hosting and more - Cloud Shards | Need a VPS Upgrade?
    Query Foundry, LLC AS62638
    Thanked by 1BigScoots
  • RandyRandy Disabled
    edited September 2012

justin/Scott is the man

@BigScoots FTW

Thanked by 1BigScoots
  • @ajones said: anyways, I'm looking for a new provider. I have $70+ to spend to run my project A+ Forums (80,000 unique hits over 3 months)

none wants to host you, i think

Thanked by 1BigScoots
  • @ajones said: This downtime is making me mad. I get over 2000+ hits a day.

Why don't you put it on your LEB? After all you said it can tank 3Gbps...

LowEndTalk has guidelines? | Follow LowEndNetwork on twitter & win!
    Thanked by 1Randy
  • @Chief said: Why don't you put it on your LEB? After all you said it can tank 3Gbps...

Got scammed from that provider.

• JackJack Member
    edited September 2012

@ajones said: Got scammed from that provider.

Hmm.. Scammed as in Suspension due to Bandwidth overage? or Terminated for taking out a host node for other VPS users??

• no got scammed as in, they put credit to -100 and vps was not running.

• @ajones said: they put credit to -100

Sounds like you owe them money

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM OpenVZ/KVM VPS
  • @ajones said: -100

Let me guess you had $100 worth of VPS/s and it's been a month since you bought them?

• Sounds to me like you might have used the VPS for.. um..maybe..providing a public DDoS service?

Oh look! Its a screenshot of you on Hackforums posting the same screenshot you posted on LET weeks ago. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4601/10gb-downloaded-92-seconds#Item_19

Wait..hold on.. its obviously NOT you - because you obviously AREN'T currently hosting a live JOIN.ME session for Hackforums with the title 'dstat ddos live join.me?'

And to further dig yourself into a big hole of skid-worthy crap..

You advertise the forum you told us 'WASN'T A TARGET FOR ATTACKS' on Hackforums IN YOUR SIGNATURE where you also SELL DDoS SERVICES.

I work for Nodisto.

• Oh noes, he read my reply!

I work for Nodisto.

Thanked by 2eastonch Randy
  • Ouch!

Thanked by 1Randy

This beautiful piece of imagery, unfortunately damaged in the late 18th century, is a screenshot depicting the joy of a fellow hackforums kid after 'ajones' successfully took down lowendbox.com

tagging @Chief

full image >> http://i.minus.com/jbG6GGMteXFEM.png

I work for Nodisto.

• Oh, to be a teenager again.

Thanked by 2Jar Damian
  • HostCheetah.com - Shared and VPS : Coming Soon

• 20GB free space in COPY.com (opens in a new tab)(really...)

• @Zen said: http://i.minus.com/jbG6GGMteXFEM.png

Do you have that screenshot in a better quality? 900x500 isn't really much and maybe there are other interesting things to see :)

• Hackforums, where virgins roam free... LOL

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

I'll just leave this here... Most likely fake though.

• @gsrdgrdghd x10Hosting... seriously? Also, that's a girls name.

• @AsadHaider said: @gsrdgrdghd x10Hosting... seriously? Also, that's a girls name.

Well it's probably fake. The only other domain by @ajones i could find is vCore.me, but Google won't let me search directly for "vcore.me" :(

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited September 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Well it's probably fake. The only other domain by @ajones i could find is vCore.me, but Google won't let me search directly for "vcore.me" :(

He uses the name Amber on his Twitter page too (now deleted). http://oi49.tinypic.com/161bzpk.jpg