Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MySQL replication failure
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MySQL replication failure

edited April 2015 in Help

Hello :)

Recently the replication on my MySQL servers appears to have broken for no reason I can tell.

In the mySQL log, I can see the following:

[ERROR] Slave I/O: error connecting to master 'slave_user@[host]:3306' - retry-time: 60 retries: 86400, Error_code: 2003

150408 20:01:37 [Note] Error reading relay log event: slave SQL thread was killed

150408 20:01:37 [Note] Slave I/O thread killed while connecting to master

150408 20:01:37 [Note] Slave I/O thread exiting, read up to log 'mysql-bin.000057', position 129754

150408 20:01:38 [Note] Slave SQL thread initialized, starting replication in log 'mysql-bin.000057' at position 129

Doing SHOW SLAVE STATUS\G shows that status as:

Slave_IO_State: Connecting to master

Do you have any tips or advice? I've tried the following:

• Verified that the host is reachable via ping from the slave
  • Restarted mysql, restarted the slave.

Comments

• edited April 2015

Can you login using slave_user on the master with the set password?

I.e.

mysql -uslave_user -p -h [host]

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @StartledPhoenix said:
    Can you login using slave_user on the master with the set password?

I.e.

mysql -uslave_user -p -h [host]

Thanks for the suggestion :) It appears to just hang after entering the password. I'm guessing there might be some kind of firewall issue, but I really haven't changed anything at all.

• edited April 2015

@YellowHummingbird said:
    Thanks for the suggestion :) It appears to just hang after entering the password. I'm guessing there might be some kind of firewall issue, but I really haven't changed anything at all.

tcpdump time

Maybe some telnet as well

• edited April 2015

@StartledPhoenix said:
    Maybe some telnet as well

Yay, fixed it! Thanks for your help. Turns out, I'd saved my iptables rules into a file, and blocked all IP's except for those that were running services that needed the databases. I'd got a new server, and added the rule, but not added it to the file. Hence, when I rebooted for a kernel update, the old rules got added (so all the services I was monitoring carried on working) but the replication stopped.

Thanks once again, and have an amazing day.

If a mod sees this and wants to lock it, that's fine by me :)

• edited April 2015

np, glad I could help :)

Btw, for no rebooting, try using KSplice or KernelCare, will make it so that you don't have to reboot for security patches.