Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Namecheap.com 99 CENTS DOMAINS!

Namecheap.com 99 CENTS DOMAINS!

JackJack Member
edited September 2012 in General

'Namecheap.com' 'We will be releasing the $0.99 promo deal as soon as we get official confirmation from LifeHacker that we've won. We hope you enjoyed the trivia fun and a huge, sincere thank you to everyone that voted for us. You're the best :)'

What domain will you be getting :)?

Comments

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited September 2012

I have no idea what domain to buy when these things happen..

Do transfers count?

• @AsadHaider said: I have no idea what domain to buy when these things happen..

Yeah and I got a bunch of domains that I want to register when the prices are higher... -.-

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • The most expensive domains that i can get 99c for.

• @AsadHaider said: I have no idea what domain to buy when these things happen..

Do transfers count?

'Help Namecheap win and unlock a 24 hour $0.99 domain promotion! http://lifehacker.com/5943452/five-best-domain-name-registrars

Voting ends at 6am EST tomorrow. Vote now and tell your friends!'

• @Jack said: http://lifehacker.com/5943452/five-best-domain-name-registrars

To be fair imho Gandi should have won. But a 1$ domain isn't bad either.

• Good joke:

Honorable mentions this week go out to 1&1 Internet, which many of you praised for its great prices, fantastic customer support, and easy sign-up
    edited September 2012

@dominicl "great prices, fantastic customer support, and easy sign-up" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd rather get cancer in my dick than use 1&1 :|

Thanked by 1Taz
  • The Trivia folks are off to get some sleep. Staff will still be here checking in & we will update once we have confirmation. Thank You!

That was 5 hours ago...dudes wake up :)

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself! 96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some), PM for details.

• @AsadHaider said: I'd rather get cancer in my dick than use 1&1 :|

Agreed :) I'd never use them..ever..ever..ever.. I could probably make a list as long as my dick on why not to use 1&1.

• Oh lovely 1&1.

Register a domain and have them claim you never paid for it. :|

Shane Elmore | Programmer In Progress

• @dominicl said: I could probably make a list as long as my dick on why not to use 1&1.

Oh wait, you finished? But you didn't even write 1&1 complete!

Referral links: DigitalOcean referral link | Free 15GB with Copy | Get 500MB free with Dropbox | PM me if you WTB domains with Google Apps
    Thanked by 1Jar
  • @netomx said: Oh wait, you finished?

That's what she said.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Didn't your dick is "that long"

• Does anyone know if the namecheap 1$ specials usually include whois protection?

• I buy them at 1and1 and then transfer them to my godaddy account! LOL!

• 1&1 already started $1 .com promo.

• @gsrdgrdghd You can always order it after for free using one of the coupons.

• @dominicl said: I could probably make a list as long as my dick on why not to use 1&1.

Oh, I see you already did :)

@dominicl said: Agreed :) I'd never use them..ever..ever..ever..

http://www.lowendguide.com/ - the guides to administer your lowend vps | Make money writing tutorials
    Free CPanel Shared Hosting Locations: Miami (US) | Rotterdam (NL)
    Thanked by 2Infinity winston
  • InfinityInfinity Retired Staff
    edited September 2012

@AsadHaider said: I'd rather get cancer in my dick than use 1&1 :|

Don't wish for stuff you don't want, maybe one day they're the only registrar left.. ;L

@MikHo said: Oh, I see you already did :)

Ahahahahaha. Genius.

我是一个巨魔 (;

Thanked by 2Jack eastonch
  • @AsadHaider said: I'd rather get cancer in my dick than use 1&1 :|

Watch out what you wish for bro :D

edited September 2012

@NanoG6 said: Watch out what you wish for bro :D

You've obviously never had the pleasure of dealing with 1&1 and their lovely customer services department.

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@AsadHaider Or you don't value your d... (/me is at school so he can't type such words..)

我是一个巨魔 (;

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • @Infinity said: Or you don't value your d...

Dominatrix? Dingleberry? Dapper Demeanor?

• The "we won" tweet is now 12 hours old, needs some coupon :D

• I know I can't wait to buy another 24khost domain. For really cheap!

• They said they'd post something in a few hours from now.

• Hopefully it is sooner than BuyVM's "soon"(TM) haha

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself! 96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some), PM for details.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 24khost24khost Member
    edited September 2012

Question? Why does everybody hate godaddy? Always see threads flaming them. I have never had a problem with them and everything always just works.

• @24khost said: Why does everybody hate godaddy?

SOPA. Also from what i hear they seem to constantly try to upsell. Also there is no reason to use GoDaddy instead of e.g. InternetBS.

• @24khost Elephant murderer.

• @eastonch ???? WTF ?????

@gsrdgrdghd Everybody tries to upsell, it is the name of the game. If i sell a vps, I try and get you to buy a license for cpanel or directadmin. Upselling is the name of the game.

• @24khost said: Everybody tries to upsell, it is the name of the game.

InternetBS doesn't.

• @24khost This douchebag below is the CEO of GoDaddy. They also supported the SOPA anti-piracy legislation.

• @AsadHaider are elephants on the endangered species list? Did he have a hunting license? If he did then I am fine with it, as long as he eats the meat.

SOPA really didn't make me mad. I don't pirate software so I don't care. It is gonna happen whether we want it or not. Get used to the internet getting more controlled. Did you think it would be the wild west forever?

• What i don't like about godaddy is their ordering and domain renewing process. You have to click through like 10 pages where you have to say "no, i don't want this crap added to my account" until you get to the end. It is very frustrating.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

are elephants on the endangered species list?

The African Elephant and the Asian Elephant are. [Source]

@24khost said: SOPA really didn't make me mad. I don't pirate software so I don't care.

If i wouldn't already have you on my mental "do not buy from" list due to the SSL fiasco, i'd put you on it for that.

• That is fine. We can have our own opinions. You do have to realize it's coming and you really can't do anything to stop it.

edited September 2012

@24khost You're entitled to whatever opinion you want, this is a public forum.

@24khost said: If he did then I am fine with it, as long as he eats the meat.

You're a douchebag.

@24khost said: SOPA really didn't make me mad. I don't pirate software so I don't care. It is gonna happen whether we want it or not. Get used to the internet getting more controlled. Did you think it would be the wild west forever?

I don't even..

Seriously dude? I'll remember never to buy anything from you in the future.

Thanked by 2eastonch n0my
  • I shouldn't say I am fine with SOPA I am fine with there being some regulation on the internet. Piracy runs rampit and there is only gonna be so long before companies start trying to fight back.

• No retreat. No surrender.

Got divided by zero. Three times. What a ride.

• @AsadHaider I am a duchebag cause I agree with hunting? As long as the meat is not wasted?

I really don't care if you buy anything from me. My point was not to bring a flame war down on me. It was more to say, that you have to see it is coming.

• @rds100 said: You have to click through like 10 pages where you have to say "no, i don't want this crap added to my account" until you get to the end. It is very frustrating.

That's what i meant with upselling ;)

Everyone please lets not start another discussion. Anyone can read what @24khost wrote and make up their own opinion. We should much rather focus on cheap domains

• update: From @NameCheap Wait a little longer we haven't forgot about you!

• Does anyone know if it'll be valid on transfers also?

• Our $0.99 1st yr reg/xfer coupon WELOVEU will be valid for 24 hrs, starting 9/20 @ 6am ET on for com/net/org. Limit 1 per user.

"We are in a prison drama. This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption."
    Thanked by 2gsrdgrdghd rm_
  • Way to drum up the vote, Namecheap. I still voted for Name.com.

• Namecheap.com ‏@Namecheap limit 10,000 total uses, so it gives everyone a fair shot :)

• Now to think what to register for when the promo starts..

• @dominicl said: Now to think what to register for when the promo starts..

Indeed. I want to register something for a new nickname/personal website but i can't think of any good names :/

• Yesssssss. I paid $1 for year #1 on one of my domains at 1and1, now I can pay $1 for year #2 (transfer). How's that for a bargain?