Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help required for advertising banners! €30 of free services for the best 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help required for advertising banners! €30 of free services for the best 3

prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
edited September 2012 in Help

In a compulsive move a few days ago I bought the space for one 125x125 banner on LET using a joke placeholder.

Now it's time to have something that can attract some good clicks with "real" banners. So it seems it's now time to ask for some help.

I need 3 animated 125x125 buttons.
Banners must contain the prometeus or iperweb logo and promote our vps.
The selection will terminate on Sunday 23 at 8PM GMT.
I will choose 3 of the proposed banners and will compensate each author with €30 of credits on the whmcs account.

Banners must be published here and will be subject to public review. I will appreciate comments and suggestions since I'm a noob with graphics and such :P

Thank you!

Thanked by 1gkz

Comments

• @Andri maybe?

• I don't think a joke in the banner is such a bad idea. After all the idea is to catch the attention of the person who is looking at the banner.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said: I don't think a joke in the banner is such a bad idea. After all the idea is to catch the attention of the person who is looking at the banner.

Yes and I like jokes :-)

But I need a banner to be hosted on some site I was offered free ospitation, and for other paid places ;)

• Should do an image from the movie Prometheus and that spaceship Prometheus :p

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited September 2012

I want to join! Time to learn GIMP. Can submit multiple?

• Since you are in Italy, maybe try something like an image of a pizza and then "We are known to make the best pizza in the world. Now we also bring you a great VPS for the price of a pizza"

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR

@rds100 said: Since you are in Italy, maybe try something like an image of a pizza and then "We are known to make the best pizza in the world. Now we also bring you a great VPS for the price of a pizza"

this is a great idea !

@jcaleb said: Can submit multiple?

yup!

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited September 2012

@prometeus I'm at school right now, made this fast, don't know if you like this

Thanked by 1NanoG6

@joodle said: I'm at school right now, made this fast, don't know if you like this

Must...resist....to...use...it...on...let..right...now

I like it :P

• @prometeus said: Must...resist....to...use...it...on...let..right...now

I like it :P

Thank you :)
    I'm happy that we have licenced photoshop at school :P

• uncle... would it be possible to submit through PM? since its sorta competition... others might get ideas from earlier entries.

• Will ask Erawan to create a banner for you.
    I believe he will put free banner space for you :)

• A picture of Prometheus the movie with the slogan "VPS Deals You Can Actually Understand"

• @liam said: Prometheus =! Prometeus

Ya, they know :P it's just word play on the name.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am 0 at graphic design, but I would do something like prometheus brought the fire of the gods to mere humans, prometeus brings the VPSes down to earth.
    Or something along that line :P
    Feel free to use it, as I said, I cannot draw anything, nor have an aesthetic sense.
    M

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited September 2012

@liam said: Prometheus =! Prometeus

Not sure you understood my point. Movie was hard to understand? :P

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2012

So much talking. I hope to see some banners finally.

• vldvld Member
    edited September 2012

Go with @Andri, you won't regret it. He's done a few logos and a website for us, very happy with his work.

• @prometeus said: Banners must be published here and will be subject to public review. I will appreciate comments and suggestions since I'm a noob with graphics and such :P

Conventional won't work, if you can make it non-conventional, controversial, and include a bit of extra information it will go a long way. Right now the top3 banners are the Cow, Leopard Skin guy and the Minecraft Skiddie (all 3 thanks to yours truly in conjunction with the hosts ;) ). However, short term things like the Cow and the Leopard Guy need monthly updating, initially they will have an impact. Something like the Minecraft Skiddies will go a longer distance, as it's edgy but also has information relevant to an offer.

People are getting information overload all over the internet, reading twitter feeds in text, facebook messages in text, sms messages in text, a catchy picture will break that short-text short-term decision making barrier to click more effectively now than say 10 years ago. You would probably have more luck with a banner that contained zero words and something visually catchy than a banner with words.

If people making the ads can somehow visually create something that represents cheap, opposed to textually creating a banner that says cheap, you would probably be on to a winner.

Given the choice of a card with a girl's ass, or a card that says 10% off i'll take the girl's ass. Given the choice of a card with a girl's ass and a 10% off sign, i'll take two ;) Just a few thoughts to ponder with your banner creation.

• @Chief said: Given the choice of a card with a girl's ass, or a card that says 10% off i'll take the girl's ass. Given the choice of a card with a girl's ass and a 10% off sign, i'll take two ;) Just a few thoughts to ponder with your banner creation.

Lmao, an excellent comparison.

• The chick from Prometheus, need her ass.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@AsadHaider said: The chick from Prometheus, need her ass

I think the movie makers will ask that Uncle Sal takes down his own site :P
    M

@jcaleb said: uncle... would it be possible to submit through PM? since its sorta competition... others might get ideas from earlier entries.

if you feel it would be better for you then it's ok :)

@gkz said: I believe he will put free banner space for you :)

yes, he was already so kind to offer the space to me :P

@vld said: Go with @Andri, you won't regret it. He's done a few logos and a website for us, very happy with his work.

I Hope he will show us here!

@Chief said: Given the choice of a card with a girl's ass, or a card that says 10% off i'll take the girl's ass. Given the choice of a card with a girl's ass and a 10% off sign, i'll take two ;) Just a few thoughts to ponder with your banner creation.

thank for the advise. I'm not sure Daniela will appreciate the girl's ass on our banners like me :P

• @prometeus said: thank for the advise. I'm not sure Daniela will appreciate the girl's ass on our banners like me :P

hahaha :))

• edited September 2012

image image

• VictorVictor Member
    edited September 2012

A simple one I made. :D

EDIT: Crap, forgot to put the animation in a loop, will fix that tomorrow. :)

• @ErawanArifNugroho isn't it a bit too fast...

• Hehe... A simple eye catching. Usually people eyes will see something moves fast.
    I can slow it down. It's just a simple animation using Image Ready.
    I forgot where do I save the Ulead Gif Animator a few years ago (2004) :p

• I don't have photoshop in Linux... so hard...