Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WeLoveServers Review (tl;dr AVOID)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WeLoveServers Review (tl;dr AVOID)

PebsiePebsie Member
edited April 2015 in Reviews

So I bought a server from WeLoveServers a year ago. Response times were superb, a max of around 20 minutes no matter what time of day and the live chat was very rarely offline. VPS-wise I was on the 1GB LEB plan ($19 a year for 1GB of RAM) and- as far as I could tell- it was fine. I ran a Teamspeak server on there along with temporary gameservers and it all seemed great.

Now, a year later, I'm honestly wondering how it managed to go down hill so fast. I rented out another server, on the same plan, and after 2 days am extremely close to requesting a refund.
Their site happily proclaims "Instant Deployment", and yet I was waiting around 14 hours for my server to be setup. I needed this to be up fast, and so sent an email and decided to call up their "24/7x365 phone support" to be greeted by a bored sounding woman who asked me if I "wanted to leave a message for Jason because he's out of the office" when I asked what the setup time would be. I've been informed that Jason owns the company that operates WeLoveServers and her inability to handle my request leads me to believe that he is the only one now working support. To make matters worse, ticket support time has been around 18 hours and the server has gone down unexpectedly twice for several hours at a time- I've owned the server for less than 48 hours.

What a horrible, horrible shame. I was honestly super impressed by them only 13 months ago. http://i.imgur.com/ljWisGH.png My opinion has changed from "highly recommended" to "avoid at all costs".

Comments

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited April 2015

$19/month for 1GB of ram? :O

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In many parts of the world it is easter time, people are with their families, even if they love servers. If they outsource support, it will be another can of worms, so, not much choice there.
    OTOH, for 19$ a month per gb i would have expected better service indeed.

• PebsiePebsie Member
    edited April 2015

Woops! Meant $19 for a year for 1GB of RAM. Updated OP.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Pretty sure it's $19/year for the 1GB plan.

Thanked by 1catalystium

Then it changes dramatically. For 19 $ a year, you should not expect fast reaction during easter, even in a down situation.

• Maounique said: Then it changes dramatically. For 19 $ a year, you should not expect fast reaction during easter, even in a down situation.

That's true, but this all happened on Friday when they should've still been in-office. The server crashing twice in 48 hours is a pretty damning thing to happen, too.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Pebsie said:
    That's true, but this all happened on Friday when they should've still been in-office. The server crashing twice in 48 hours is a pretty damning thing to happen, too.

Depending on where you are in the world, Friday is also part of the Easter holiday and not a working day.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • BruceBruce Member

ROFL good friday support request

• I think the woman you called was most likely a virtual office receptionist, not an actual WeLoveServers employees.

They're trained to either redirect calls or have you leave a message, usually because "they're out of office"

Thanked by 3netomx 4n0nx Mark_R
  • I don't like to be"negative" but i also used weloveservers there's few months for a dns server 'London VPS' and i was forced to cancel my vps because there had too much downtime with minor quality issues. Many times that the VPS was down, the node needed to be restarted because he had crashed.

I think the owner can improve his quality by working on some configurations...

• I've had good luck with WLS in their Germany location until recently.

I've had my VPS suspended 3 times because their new DDOS detecting software saw my normal UDP game traffic as a problem. All 1mbps and 800pps of it. I got very fast response times from support but the support monkeys just didn't understand that this was normal legit traffic. It seemed like they weren't even reading my responses. It wasn't until my ticket got escalated to a manager did they do anything (whitelist).

I'm also waffling over renewing in a couple months. Shame...

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

WLS is on my "Not Recommended" list as well.

• maciekmmmaciekmm Member
    edited April 2015

I have a mixed opinion on WLS.

I currently have one server with them which runs fine, no downtimes, based in London, very satisfied.

But my second server was quite terrible (it just expired) - frequent network downtimes, also based in London.

One thing I'm satisfied with is their support - fast response time, friendly. But results are not always good enough - I've been migrating that server 3 times and it still was running into issues.

Both servers were/are 19$/yr plans, I have to say for that price they've met my expectations.

One thing - don't use LiveChat - it's terrible (people there don't understand english, have little knowledge about servers, standard ticket-based support is fine.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2100.186 MHz Total amount of ram : 1024 MB Total amount of swap : 1280 MB System uptime : 50 days, 23:14, Download speed from CacheFly: 24.6MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 11.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 16.9MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 456KB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 98.7MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 72.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.35MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 11.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 12.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 25.1MB/s I/O speed : 485 MB/s Quite terrible network performance (but it varies) e.g. for CacheFly last test was 70mb/s, IO is awesome tho.

• Never gave me a good feel about them either.

• Their buffalo location was stable on my $19 a year plan, performance was not the best but that's to be expected.

From what i read here, they are giving a service worth much more the money they ask for it. Might not be perfect, but works more or less.
    I believe they do a good job overall, surviving and offering such cheap service with an acceptable level of support and performance.
    Quit expecting AWS-like performance and support for 1/100 of the price.
    If you need remarkably stable service and on the ball support, you pay for it.

• My server has been down for 24 hours now with no ticket response. Incredible.

• I ticketed them earlier. One of their servers is definitely slowing to crawl speed. They mentioned they're looking at the problem just now, their response was fairly cryptic.

• They would often suspend servers without any sort of notification. An arrogant network administrator deems that your VPS is responsible for an issue and would suspend you server without bothering to notify you and only after you open a ticket about it, you will find out "why" your VPS was suspended.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Good necro, bro.

• Hello I am here to tell you about my horrid experience at WeLoveServers.NET. I personally can't rate their hosting service due to my Debit Card somehow failing their fraud check (Which I don't see how.) But anyways I could live with my Debit card being declined and not being able to use their services, however EVERYDAY they charged my Debit Card, even though it was declined and the invoice said unpaid. This caused massive complications with my bank (Alta One). Which ultimately led to me being locked out of MY BANK account (Perfect during the first of the month when bills are due PRICKS.) ... I had to ask them to remove my debit card from their file because their system charged me everyday. Once I unlinked my card from their database my bank account soon became accessible. I ended up having to pay my bank $83 for fraud fees... THANKS WeHateCustomers and WeLoveMoney. Fuck you. And have a nice day.

P.S. I can not actually rate their service they might be good, however their payment system is FUCKED! And I wouldn't recommend jeopardizing your bank account access for something stupid. I struggled for a few weeks without access to my bank. THANKS!

• @Aacen "experience the alta one difference"

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited August 2015

@Aacen Why not use paypal?

• @masterqqq said:
    Aacen Why not use paypal?

That's why PayPal is better. You don't have to expose credit/debit information to any other company but PayPal. I don't know why anyone would link their debit card to some random company that's gone downhill for a while now, but I hope the $83 was a good lesson for that.

Sorry for the loss (btw) of your $83 :P

• masterqqq said: @Aacen Why not use paypal?

I'm also scratching my head over the Debit Card thing. Why take a chance like that?

• Why didn't you use a credit card?

They can't scam you, because you have this magical feature called chargebacks.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Aacen said:
    Hello I am here to tell you about my horrid experience at WeLoveServers.NET. I personally can't rate their hosting service due to my Debit Card somehow failing their fraud check (Which I don't see how.) But anyways I could live with my Debit card being declined and not being able to use their services, however EVERYDAY they charged my Debit Card, even though it was declined and the invoice said unpaid. This caused massive complications with my bank (Alta One). Which ultimately led to me being locked out of MY BANK account (Perfect during the first of the month when bills are due PRICKS.) ... I had to ask them to remove my debit card from their file because their system charged me everyday. Once I unlinked my card from their database my bank account soon became accessible. I ended up having to pay my bank $83 for fraud fees... THANKS WeHateCustomers and WeLoveMoney. Fuck you. And have a nice day.

P.S. I can not actually rate their service they might be good, however their payment system is FUCKED! And I wouldn't recommend jeopardizing your bank account access for something stupid. I struggled for a few weeks without access to my bank. THANKS!

Pics of bank statement where they've removed funds multiple times please.

• @ATHK For what it's worth, this same diatribe was posted on WHT (I think) & vpsB

vpsB link - https://vpsboard.com/topic/1759-weloveservers-vps-hosting-in-6-locations-adds-orlando-fl-london-uk-locations/?page=2

• ATHKATHK Member

Thanks, still no evidence really doesn't help this users case..