Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute, USA or Europe based?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute, USA or Europe based?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello folks,

I assume MXRoute services are USA based, correct?

I hope Jar gets a few FR servers in OVH! I'd definitely signup :-).

Comments

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

I believe they actually are in OVH, so go sign up!
    @Jar

Thanked by 2MikePT KwiceroLTD
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ndelaespada said:
    I believe they actually are in OVH, so go sign up!
    Jar

Correct, now just need to confirm if they got servers in both Canada and FR locations, as I'd need it to be in France :P
    @Jar, care to enlight me? :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hola!

Currently we are only located in OVH CA. If you need to be in France, I cannot quite accommodate that right now, however if you look to run your own mail server feel free to ask for any advice. I don't know everything, but I'm happy to share what I know :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited April 2015

@Jar said:
    Hola!

Currently we are only located in OVH CA. If you need to be in France, I cannot quite accommodate that right now, however if you look to run your own mail server feel free to ask for any advice. I don't know everything, but I'm happy to share what I know :)

Hola Jar,

I'll most likely signup anyway since you seem to be not only a nice guy, but as well wise enough to run a decent service. Thank you very much, you just got a new customer :-), will be signing up today.

Thanked by 1jar

MrGeneral said: you just got a new customer

Sorry you had to catch it on such a bad day. We've been doing just fine with DDOS attacks on OVH. I've got a plan to address this faster if it happens again, vagueness intended (since I know my attacker reads here), but it's looking like today is severe outage #2 for us. Right now we're just a KVM away from a resolution though.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Jar said:
    Sorry you had to catch it on such a bad day. We've been doing just fine with DDOS attacks on OVH. I've got a plan to address this faster if it happens again, vagueness intended (since I know my attacker reads here), but it's looking like today is severe outage #2 for us. Right now we're just a KVM away from a resolution though.

I didn't signup yet :P, I was about to look for any coupons you may have, though. That's fine, that may happen to anyone! :-)

I hope you succeed in mitigating the attack, it happens, that's alright @Jar.

MrGeneral said: I was about to look for any coupons you may have

I'll do you one better. My Cyber Monday special. Unlimited domains, unlimited accounts, 10GB storage.

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=18

Any orders made right now will not be provisioned until this has been resolved, but I threw some stock in there.

edited April 2015

@Jar said:
    Any orders made right now will not be provisioned until this has been resolved, but I threw some stock in there.

Ordered and paid! :-)

Edit: It's still showing as Unpaid, I guess the PayPal IPN didn't work :P

Thanked by 1jar
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Still trying to find a use for MXRoute but I like local (not local local but close local) servers and I have my own mail servers. =(

One of the few brands round here I'd actually trust with my data.

Thanked by 2jar MikePT
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2015

Jar said: I'll do you one better. My Cyber Monday special. Unlimited domains, unlimited accounts, 10GB storage.

O unlimited domains, I thought it was one per account. Ordered, thanks!

Yeah, EU location or separate EU service would be cool, OVH FR DDoS protection is also better...

Thanked by 2jar MikePT

@Infinity said:
    Still trying to find a use for MXRoute but I like local (not local local but close local) servers and I have my own mail servers. =(

One of the few brands round here I'd actually trust with my data.

Well in my case, I'll be using it for my portuguese brand, for my local customers (webnegocio.pt).

@linuxthefish said:
    Yeah, EU location or separate EU service would be cool, OVH FR DDoS protection is also better...

Indeed, I agree! Plus it'd be way cool to get more europeans to signup, I hope @Jar considers it in the near future.

linuxthefish said: Yeah, EU location or separate EU service would be cool

Well for what it's worth, I'm rsyncing backups to France right now. Not sure if that'll make it to deploy but it's better than sitting around waiting for that KVM ;)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Jar said:

If anyone needs email hosting definitely take that deal right up there ^

Still can't believe you're being attacked all the time, some people..

Thanked by 1jar
    edited April 2015

catalystium said: Still can't believe you're being attacked all the time, some people..

It's rough today too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v287szfjm2kth50/Screenshot 2015-04-03 14.04.02.png?dl=0

Check my oder, it's showing as unpaid :P

Damn, what webserver are you using? nginx?

@MrGeneral said:
    Check my order, it's showing as unpaid :P

>

Damn, what webserver are you using? nginx?

Marked paid :)

I use Apache mostly, but this server isn't even really doing web stuff. Web server is running but it's just an old HTML copy of the website. I put webmail/OwnCloud on the Kimsufi range for kicks, since it's local, fast, and easily a replaceable component :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited April 2015

@Jar said:
    I use Apache mostly, but this server isn't even really doing web stuff. Web server is running but it's just an old HTML copy of the website. I put webmail/OwnCloud on the Kimsufi range for kicks, since it's local, fast, and easily a replaceable component :)

Ahhh got it. If you need help to switch to nginx (I advise you to), let me know. I've 5 years of AWS/RackSpace/Linode Cloud Management, and I take care of a 120 server cluster, for a high-traffic website, so I'm used to fine server tunings (We do about 20TB per month, all images and it's a well known mobile App).

If you need any help, I'll gladly help you. For such services, nginx can help with the overload/massive hit issues.

As for the France location, I definitely advise you to go ahead :P, it'd be perfect for me, and @William would also signup for your services! :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • BochiBochi Member

@Jar: Aargh, this time you got me with you offer... :P
    Good luck with the mitigation btw!

Thanked by 2MikePT jar
    edited April 2015

MX1 is back up, spam filters will be broken for the rest of the day, this is intentional because I've broken SPF checks on incoming mail right now. Orders should be provisioned soon :)

Edit: Provisions may be delayed for several hours. Everyone who has ordered from that link prior to this time (4:05 PM US/Central) will receive a credit for the wait.

Thanked by 2Bochi MikePT
  • ehabehab Member
    edited April 2015

@Jar said:

Thanks for the updates, hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar said:

Is there a way to import cPanel mail/accounts over? I want to switch a client over, but I've already changed their provider numerous times (cPanel > Microsoft > cPanel host) and it's always a hassle (loss of emails, etc).

@Jar said:
    MX1 is back up, spam filters will be broken for the rest of the day, this is intentional because I've broken SPF checks on incoming mail right now. Orders should be provisioned soon :)

Edit: Provisions may be delayed for several hours. Everyone who has ordered from that link prior to this time (4:05 PM US/Central) will receive a credit for the wait.

That's fine! :D

Thanked by 1jar

@David_P said:
    Is there a way to import cPanel mail/accounts over?

Not directly, yet. I recommend imapsync and running it through a bash loop to import mail from accounts, but you need to create the accounts on our server first as this would only sync two IMAP accounts rather than import any configuration.

That said, watch out for this ability by the end of the year :)

• Ordered. Just what I needed ^^

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar i got this error "Email Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Could not authenticate." are u aware that?

Thanks

Thanked by 1jar

@myshahrul said:
    Jar i got this error "Email Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Could not authenticate." are u aware that?

Thanks

Sounds like authentication error. Try logging in with webmail to see if your credentials work.

@Amarielle said:
    Ordered. Just what I needed ^^

Glad to know I got @Jar a few customers :P

Thanked by 1jar
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

wait wait.. OVH CA DDoS protection failed because someone attacked a relatively small page like mxroute? o.O

@4n0nx said:
    wait wait.. OVH CA DDoS protection failed because someone attacked a relatively small page like mxroute? o.O

Yep, and boy is it going to be a LONG night lol :)

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Jar said: Yep, and boy is it going to be a LONG night lol :)

Oh. 1m pps are not that much, right? :|

Thanked by 1jar