Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to setup HA Wordpress site with BuyVM anycast feature?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to setup HA Wordpress site with BuyVM anycast feature?

sonicsonic Veteran

Hi,
I want to build High availability WP blog with BuyVM vps but i'm noob with Linux.

I will buy 3 VPS with 3 filtered IP and they will give me anycast IP.

But i dont know how to configure database, wordpress files be synced between 3 VPS.

Could you please give me solution or tutorial

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Francisco: You should have 1 tutorial on your wiki to let noob like me to configure HA website with your anycast IP feature. :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Do you have a lot of comments being written?

Francisco

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Francisco said:
    Do you have a lot of comments being written?

Francisco

Not now :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Well, the easiest setup would be to pick a 'central' point and have everything just acting as HTTP caches back to your central wordpress. We have this very setup in place for an anycast client of ours that has a very large image gallery, etc.

If you want something more fancy you could cluster SQL with Galera or whatever MariaDB's clustering is called. It's not great for heavy writes (lots of comments) since it has a lot of latency going around the globe.

Francisco

• BochiBochi Member

This could help you a little bit with your setup: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-optimize-wordpress-performance-with-mysql-replication-on-ubuntu-14-04
    Mainly the part with the MySQL replication and the HyperDB-Plugin might be interesting for you. But I'm not exactly sure how this could be combined with your AnycastIP feature.

• WordPress and HA never go together

• There are two ways that you can do this the first one is a lot like how @francisco said with a multi-master mysql cluster I have done this across 3 aws regions us-west us-east and one in the EU and it works well have not had any issues with it once it was setup and running. But for wordpress it may not be exactly what you are loooking for. I would recommend doing a centeral mysql database and install some of those cache libraries. like wp-cache (this may no longer be number 1). Install memcache in each of your pops and php and so on. and you will tell the wordpress to connect to local memcache 127.0.0.1 and all php code will handle it the ssame andyou should be pretty good from there since most data will stay read only.

• NdhaNdha Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    WordPress and HA never go together

This true..
    It's good if your wordpress only static, but if had dynamic and had lots of comments don't do that..
    It will give you more headache..

• @Ndha said:

That's why it's good to have an external SQL server. But still Wordpress is horrendous

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited April 2015

Just a medium blog with 1GB media files after 8 years, no comment

• Use disqus for comment ... that'll make db replication works better