Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paid Google Apps for Work?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paid Google Apps for Work?

isaaclisaacl Member
edited March 2015 in General

Anyone have admin access to a paid Google Apps for Work account?
Need to add info (just the domain name and a support PIN) for 25 paid user accounts, to get on to their reseller program (and it doesn't affect your Google Apps setup at all).
Thanks!

Edit: Link for more info is here - I'm in the process of setting this up: https://www.google.com/work/apps/business/landing/partners/resellers/program-details.html

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Seems legit.

Thanked by 2Dylan cassa
  • It won't work, they do a credit check and verify your account manually...

• That's the next step - this is for my day job in IT, and we won't have any problems passing that, but I first need to add 25 paid user licenses to qualify for the Reseller program.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@isaacl said:
    That's the next step - this is for my day job in IT, and we won't have any problems passing that, but I first need to add 25 paid user licenses to qualify for the Reseller program.

So signup 25 people?

• Yeah, working on that... Just would be faster if there are existing accounts that I can add for now.

• You could also become a doctor faster if you didn't have to get a degree first.

Thanked by 2raindog308 mehargags
  • You should just start your own school, we get Google Apps for Work for free and every account had unlimited space in Google drive :D

• I've known Google Apps inside out for quite a while, and set up and managed quite a few accounts, but most of them were free.
    I do have an account with the educational version as well for a school program I'm involved with, but they only have the non-profit version, without the unlimited space, though that's fine for the next while (Google told me the unlimited accounts are only for schools, and we were only able to get the non-profit version, though the unlimited access might come to non-profit accounts as well).
    But either way, those accounts all don't help, since in order to officially become a reseller, I need to add 25 paid users.

• Yeah... Whilst my work has over 25 licenses and I am an admin I wouldn't want to risk my job by giving you our support pin etc. Sounds dodge.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

The reseller management console allows partners to centrally create, administer, and manage all customer accounts, manage ordering across SKUs, view order and invoice history, handle billing, and directly manage support cases with customers.

That doesn't sound like "it doesn't affect your Google Apps setup at all" ??

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @perennate said:
    That doesn't sound like "it doesn't affect your Google Apps setup at all" ??

Pretty sure that's only for accounts that I sign up through my reseller account, not for the accounts that I add initially to get to that status, but I'll double check on that.
    Definitely wouldn't want to mess up any existing accounts, though I'm assuming I can remove accounts at any time...
    Where did you see that?
    Thanks!

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@isaacl I just clicked your link [1] and then under Customer Management console; you might be right about it not getting added

[1] https://www.google.com/work/apps/business/landing/partners/resellers/program-details.html

• Yeah, as far as I know, that's only for customers that you sign up once you're a reseller going forward, but no way to know for sure until I actually get there...

• No,
    You can Add Customers already signed up with google Apps but are "reseller less". Get their PIN and attach it to your Reseller ID, do the verification and they will be considered your "Account" there after. But I guess the old Reseller panel system is going to change soon, I saw some messages last week when I attached another account (2 user only) to my reseller panel.

But be warned to give out your PIN here, it isn't safe to give out your Administrative Support verification "pass" to someone on the internet!