Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rent part of a server / VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rent part of a server / VPS

FiddeFidde Member

I'm not a hosting company, simply a guy looking to save some money on his dedicated server bill as I barely use 1% of the servers capacity.

I don't have any billing software, support (tho I'd help you as much as I can) etc.

I run Proxmox on the server so I'd simply give you an account for you to manage your VM/VMs.

The server has the following specs:
Dual E5-2420 (http://ark.intel.com/products/64617/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2420-15M-Cache-1_90-GHz-7_20-GTs-Intel-QPI)
32GB RAM
1Gbit/s connection (100TB)
4x1TB (RAID10)

Located @ Evoswitch DC (Leaseweb) in NL.

So, if anyone is interested, contact me and we'd work something out :)

Comments

• 'Sharing' a server with somebody you have met on the internet is never a good idea since you will be responsible for any abuse by the other guy.

A better option may be to cancel this server and get something cheaper. Since you have only 32GB RAM, go for any E3 processor. It should be cheaper and may also be faster depending on your exact use case. You can retain the 32GB RAM and 4x1TB disks if required or go for lower numbers and save some money.

• FiddeFidde Member

@nikhil500 said:
    'Sharing' a server with somebody you have met on the internet is never a good idea since you will be responsible for any abuse by the other guy.

A better option may be to cancel this server and get something cheaper. Since you have only 32GB RAM, go for any E3 processor. It should be cheaper and may also be faster depending on your exact use case. You can retain the 32GB RAM and 4x1TB disks if required or go for lower numbers and save some money.

Yeah, I know I'm responsible for the other persons abuse. It has to be based around trust, I have to trust the other person to pay for the server, to no abuse the server, etc and they have to trust me to not shut them out and to keep the server online (pay the bills).

• ehabehab Member

Fidde, 1% usage is so low and not worth keeping, best to cancel, servers will come and go and i can see a decline in prices. So If i was you i'll let it go.

• @Fidde, You have a PM

• RA4WRA4W Member

Why not just downgrade instead and go for something cheaper?