Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best solution for WebServer in Web developer's company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best solution for WebServer in Web developer's company

danitfkdanitfk Member
edited March 2015 in Help

I'm looking for best solution about hosting web projects on linux server.

My focus is on permissions and ACL's.

Example We have 3 project and 3 developers , They have access to files via Samba Share and SFTP.

I want developers and projects have community and permission like this:

Developer 1 --RW--> Project1

Developer 2 --R--> Project1

Developer 3 --0--> Project1

Developer 1 --R--> Project2

Developer 2 --RW--> Project2

Developer 3 --RW--> Project2

Set facl is best choice or we have another solutions better than facl on linux?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hosting web projects? Why developers on that? Where is the source code management system? Where is the dev/stage/production server model?

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @msg7086 said:
    Hosting web projects? Why developers on that? Where is the source code management system? Where is the dev/stage/production server model?

Yes , Hosting web projects on local server.

Developers need access to source for Editing & test

They don't using source code management at this time

Do you suggest any solutions?

Thanks a lot ! :)

• git is a must.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @dlaxotn2 said:
    git is a must.

Also We're need running Apache , MySQL too.

• Yes, better use GIT.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @danitfk said:

SCM is a must. You have access control to the git repository, and then you can deploy code onto the server automatically. I just couldn't see a reason to not use the modern way but going to the ancient way.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @msg7086 said:
    SCM is a must. You have access control to the git repository, and then you can deploy code onto the server automatically. I just couldn't see a reason to not use the modern way but going to the ancient way.

Hello ,

Thanks for your suggestion.
    Apache SCM?

Can We running our projects on this? (PHP)

• @danitfk said:
    Can We running our projects on this? (PHP)

SCM = Source Code Management system = git, mercurial, svn, csv, etc.

You are not going to run your projects on them, but to host the source code on these technologies. For example, you can host your code on GitHub or BitBucket (private repo hosting, charge some money for the service), or self hosted solutions like GitLab. Both works perfectly fine when I was working on projects in companies.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Github + webserver auto deploy code every minute on staging

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @msg7086 said:
    You are not going to run your projects on them, but to host the source code on these technologies. For example, you can host your code on GitHub or BitBucket (private repo hosting, charge some money for the service), or self hosted solutions like GitLab. Both works perfectly fine when I was working on projects in companies.

I am really grateful to you. Thanks about suggesting GitLab

I did working with Git and SVN a few times , Is it possible to Auto checkout or auto deploy from Git to WebServer?

• ehabehab Member

git, jenkins , gerrit, Jira , rnd and production server at least.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited March 2015

@danitfk said:
    I did working with Git and SVN a few times , Is it possible to Auto checkout or auto deploy from Git to WebServer?

Yes it's possible. You can set up hook scripts to checkout code onto your staging server for testing. I don't have experience on auto deploy, but I believe you would be able to google out some solutions.

I also suggest you reading about git-flow model1 and command line2. They built a good model on multiple user development.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • I can't get good results with GitLab
    Any other suggestion based on first post in topic?

• Try Gogs as an alternative for GitLab.