Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hourly Billing Reseller VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hourly Billing Reseller VPS

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right category, just want to see what the interest out there would be for something like this.

Looking at making use of the Virtualizor WHMCS Reseller Module (Allows Virtualizor re sellers to automate VPS creation/termination/suspension through their own WHMCS with their customers directly) and a custom developed billing module for the hourly/daily charging.

The idea being a client registers, gets an allocation of resources (Can be increased if required after account is running in good standing) and loads their billing account with credit, at the end of each day an Invoice will be created for the resources they have used during the day (RAM&HHD&CPU..) this will be calculated down to every minute, however will only be invoiced at the end of the day (Option to increase this to every 7 days if required for high paying users)

This will allow users to spin up VM's and only pay for the time they use the resources, but at the same time the automation of WHMCS and allow instant setup for their client's, if one of their client cancels they are only billed for the time the VM was online, and other benefit's than just direct reselling fixed resources, such as the ability to make any sized VM's within their resource allocation.

Would people be interested in such a service/offering?, and any input into the idea would be great.

Mod's if this needs to be moved please do so

,Ashley

Comments

• I'm interested in.

Are you in VPSBoard?

• @comXyz said:
    I'm interested in.

Are you in VPSBoard?

Yes we spoke earlier around such a service, so was just getting a wider picture from others of the demand.

• Ashley Hawkridge?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Ashley Hawkridge?

If you mean is that my name, then no it is not.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

but you are from the uk :0

Thanked by 1yomero
  • We have a reseller product based on a tweaked version of Virtualizor. It works on a resource basis, you have X resources and you can dice them up as you want. But you pay a fixed fee per month for those resources howsoever you use them.

The problem with hourly/minute billing is WHMCS would require a whole separate billing/arbitrage system to handle the rating then squirt it into WHMCS; you could inject it directly into WHMCS but not sure how badly WHMCS will crawl with any volume of billing data like that.

• @MarkTurner said:
    We have a reseller product based on a tweaked version of Virtualizor. It works on a resource basis, you have X resources and you can dice them up as you want. But you pay a fixed fee per month for those resources howsoever you use them.

The problem with hourly/minute billing is WHMCS would require a whole separate billing/arbitrage system to handle the rating then squirt it into WHMCS; you could inject it directly into WHMCS but not sure how badly WHMCS will crawl with any volume of billing data like that.

To be fair that's how almost all reseller packages work...

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited March 2015

@4n0nx said:
    but you are from the uk :0

Yes I am.. sorry not sure if I am missing something. But kind of off topic what ever it is.

Edit:

I've had a google, he seems to be someone that use to advertise on lowendbox, not sure if something bad happened or not.

If your thinking it is me, then it isn't I have been running my business under the ZX name for years, and have quite a few customers from lowendtalk. Sorry if you was after something, but there is far more than 1 Ashley in the UK :)

• @MarkTurner said:
    We have a reseller product based on a tweaked version of Virtualizor. It works on a resource basis, you have X resources and you can dice them up as you want. But you pay a fixed fee per month for those resources howsoever you use them.

That's exactly why I am looking at if there is a demand before I get something created to do the job.

• @AshleyUK - Hostbill maybe better suited for this as there are already a number of modules that handle granular billing and it doesn't seem to choke up with large number of line items on an invoice.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk