Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Network server configuration KVM virtualization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Network server configuration KVM virtualization

shilenoshileno Member

Hi

Hire a server in quickpacket.com - I install SolusVM (KVM). The problem is that I can not properly configure the network so that the additional ip addresses work in the VPS.

Someone can tell me the changes to be made.

Comments

• ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited March 2015

as long as the IP's are available on the network, you just add them in the solusvm control panel and they will work.

Make sure you are putting in the correct gateway and netmask when adding the ip's into solusvm

• SadySady Member

You'll need to create a KVM bridge on host node. If you haven't made that then do that, if you have made that but it's still not working then put the contents of eth & br network configuration files.

@Clancoms said:
    as long as the IP's are available on the network, you just add them in the solusvm control panel and they will work.

Make sure you are putting in the correct gateway and netmask when adding the ip's into solusvm

Please don't mis-guide someone if you don't know.

• SadySady Member

This is what you need: https://documentation.solusvm.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/557703
    I would put my own configurations here for example but I'm on mobile at the moment.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I can help you for free if you can provide server details , they can be sent us on ticket @ [email protected] , later password can be changed :)

• @Sady said:
    This is what you need: https://documentation.solusvm.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/557703
    I would put my own configurations here for example but I'm on mobile at the moment.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully when you can leave your settings for example

@BharatB said:
    I can help you for free if you can provide server details , they can be sent us on ticket @ [email protected] , later password can be changed :)

Thank you, send an email

• SadySady Member

Here you go:

[root@kvm network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth0
    DEVICE="eth0"
    HWADDR=MAC ADDRESS OF YOUR ETHCARD
    ONBOOT="yes"
    TYPE=Ethernet
    IPV6INIT=no
    USERCTL=no
    BRIDGE=br0
    [root@kvm network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-br0
    DEVICE=br0
    TYPE=Bridge
    BOOTPROTO=static
    DNS1=8.8.8.8
    IPADDR=108.17x.xxx.xx4
    NETMASK=255.255.255.248
    GATEWAY=108.17x.xxx.xx3
    ONBOOT=yes

Modify MAC Address & IP configuration as per your needs then "service network restart" & then simply add IPs on SolusVM GUI.

Thanked by 1hdpixel
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Sady said:

We fixed it for him long ago

• @BharatB said:
    We fixed it for him long ago

Thank you very much for your help

@Sady said:
    Here you go:

[root@kvm network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth0
    DEVICE="eth0"
    HWADDR=MAC ADDRESS OF YOUR ETHCARD
    ONBOOT="yes"
    TYPE=Ethernet
    IPV6INIT=no
    USERCTL=no
    BRIDGE=br0
    [root@kvm network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-br0
    DEVICE=br0
    TYPE=Bridge
    BOOTPROTO=static
    DNS1=8.8.8.8
    IPADDR=108.17x.xxx.xx4
    NETMASK=255.255.255.248
    GATEWAY=108.17x.xxx.xx3
    ONBOOT=yes

Modify MAC Address & IP configuration as per your needs then "service network restart" & then simply add IPs on SolusVM GUI.

Thanks for the info