Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpticServers - Location and IP change (24 hour notice)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpticServers - Location and IP change (24 hour notice)

OpticServers changing their location and ips in 24 hour:

Hi Alex,

Tomorrow (28/03/2015) we will be moving out of our current location to a new location in docklands, london. here we will be able to provide an extremely stable network with no downtime (99.98% uptime guarantee) allowing us to grow and be able to provide you with a stable service, we will also be lowering our pricing for Cloud VPS Hosting as well as starting to sell Dedicated Servers and allowing us to offer a much wider range of features such as IPv6 Support and Dedicated DDoS Protection

We will have to change our IP Address Allocation as we are moving networks everyone will have there new IP(s) assigned tomorrow once we have fully moved over to our new location, we will NOT be moving or changing our IP Allocations again.

Thanks and Regards,
OpticServers LTD

Comments

• Joe from optic is an amazing guy. From this post and what we have discussed on skype it could be happening at long last :D (secret)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

London Docklands? Nice.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Joe from optic is an amazing guy. From this post and what we have discussed on skype it could be happening at long last :D (secret)

So 24 hour notice of location and ip change is normal ?

I'm sure most customers haven't discussed with Joe on Skype and the only way to inform was emailing us (customers).

It's just shows how unprofessional Optic Servers.

Probably this is the reason http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/983025/#Comment_983025

• Expensive move. Interesting how this will work out.

• @alexvolk said:

Do you want a more stable network. He gave you notice, if you cant pause whatever your doing in 24 hours it shouldn't be running on 1 VPS fullstop.

OpticServers is really good, they have plans for better DDoS protection as mentioned which talking to him is going to be good.

• Nice. But only lack of KVM offers..

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    He gave you notice

I hardly call 24 hours as adequate notice. What about those who have 24 hour TTLs on their DNS? With proper notice they'll have time to lower TTLs to minimize downtime.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Something Major like IP changed should be announced weeks in advance not 24 hours.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

I don't understand why providers do straight switches. Just tunnel the old IPs to the new server for a little longer to allow people to change their configs.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Ugh, Why trust a provider that had it's servers in somewhere that could have it's wire cut!!!! Surely that means that the actual servers were not all that secure!

Problem with their IP addresses is that Virgin own them :<

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Do you want a more stable network. He gave you notice, if you cant pause whatever your doing in 24 hours it shouldn't be running on 1 VPS fullstop.

OpticServers is really good, they have plans for better DDoS protection as mentioned which talking to him is going to be good.

I paid for it, changing ip and location in 24 hours is completely wrong attitude to current client. I will just leave such "good" provider.

And are you current client or just posting to support your skype friend?

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

Maybe Optic Servers was a good name... Running on Fibre Optic Broadband!

Thanked by 2LordSpock stackmutt
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

They'd be better of running it off fibre optic! (test from one of their VPS)

• trewq said: I don't understand why providers do straight switches. Just tunnel the old IPs to the new server for a little longer to allow people to change their configs.

Chance is they have no idea how....

• J1021J1021 Member

24 hours notice for a physical move and IP change is subpar.