Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

VPS Request for PHP project

VPS Request for PHP project

Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
edited September 2012 in Providers

Hi,

I am going to be hosting a few PHP projects I may be working on, such as a forum software and whatever else comes to mind. Here is what I am asking for:

XEN or KVM (ugh OpenVZ, its alright but annoys me) 20-40GB HDD 1TB bandwidth at least 256mb RAM (up to 768mb burst, whatever is realistic) Midwest US location (or east coast US) CPU doesn't really matter but I would like at least 2 cores.

Price would be around $8-10 a month. Like said earlier, I am going to work on a few PHP projects so all I'd be really running is a LAMP stack (sans the Apache, and replaced with Nginx) ;).

Shane Elmore | Programmer In Progress

Comments

• TazTaz Disabled

@Shane_Elmore you got a deal. Hit me up over pm. I

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: @Shane_Elmore you got a deal. Hit me up over pm. I

Sent.

• Sorry for double posting, but neither offer seemed to stick out for me. Any one else?

• I Have VPS server in Orlado and Chicago, Xen-HVM.

Only 1 Linux OS is available: CentOS 5.5x(in 32BIT and 64BIT) Bandwidth: 500GB

Cheap $9/Year Hosting(US/UK) - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - Hosting License - BTC/PM
  • @DewlanceVPS - If he's or anyone else has seen the recent threads about you, then him or anyone else in their right mind isn't going to buy. Also, well done for bumping a 9 day old thread. I think he's found what he's needed, thanks..

Thanked by 2Jack Infinity
  • RandyRandy Disabled
    edited September 2012

@DewlanceVPS said: I Have VPS server in Orlado and Chicago, Xen-HVM.

Only 1 Linux OS is available: CentOS 5.5x(in 32BIT and 64BIT) Bandwidth: 500GB

No.

also, maybe you should take a break.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • @DewlanceVPS said: Orlado

Didn't know that was a place. I know that Orlando is but never heard of Orlado. Will have to visit there some time.

@DewlanceVPS said: CentOS 5.5x(in 32BIT and 64BIT)

Well, that's 2 OS's. CentOS 5.5 32 Bit, and CentOS 5.5 64 Bit

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @Dominicl I did not ask this qustion to you so don't try to pull your leg.

I did not ask you to purchase anything.. Grow up..

Cheap $9/Year Hosting(US/UK) - Cheap Windows VPS & Linux Xen VPS at affordable price. FlameTix.com - Hosting License - BTC/PM
    Thanked by 2dominicl SimpleNode
  • @DewlanceVPS said: I did not ask you to purchase anything.. Grow up..

I never said you did? I was just stating the mistakes you made, and only 1 OS, when in fact there are two.

I'm trying to help so that you can change your current rep on LET. Quite a few people saw the "rant" you had with your colo provider on WHT, including me.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • You mean..... the one with Noah's hard drives?!

• @DewlanceVPS

DUAL BOOT THE OS! 32b and 64b! See the difference!

@DominicL

Systems Administrator | IWFHosting

Comments expressed are solely my own opinion and not of that of the companies, unless stated.

• @eastonch - Ahh I get it now :P Lol - some people really fail.

• mpkossenmpkossen Administrator

You could get a 512MB for that, give you some breathing room. I don't know if you're going to be running mod_php, but it eats memory like we eat popcorn when dewlance is here. So 512MB may just be what you're looking for.

I could always recommend @miTgiB and BuyVM in the US (both have east cost locations) or @Prometeus if you need something in Europe. I believe they are all in your budget, though stock and HD space differs.

I recommend Prometeus and Vultr! | Follow @LowEndNetwork on Twitter and win a dedi!
    Check out my blog at mpkossen.com