Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

New StormVZ Design

New StormVZ Design

PatrickPatrick Member
edited October 2012 in General

Finally got around completing the required edits and such on the design.

http://stormvz.com/

What'd you guys think? You may need to do a hard refresh to see the new design.

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
Thanked by 1acarrascope

Comments

• Unlimited is a dirty word! :P

I like it, but it looks kind of like a template. Just the way it's designed or did you alter a template for the use?

MXroute Christmas Offer | DigitalOcean free $10 credit (affiliate)

Thanked by 1Asim
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@jarland it's custom designed by AKDesigner (Who also designed AtomicVPS, Hawk and others)

I guess they fancy the word "Unlimited", I just told them to put random text

Also noticed they forgot to change footer logo.

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • Looks really nice, Christmas time hang those logos off a tree ;)

LowEndTalk has guidelines? | Follow LowEndNetwork on twitter & win!
    Thanked by 1Patrick
  • In that case... clean, professional, should do the job.

On a side note, I'm probably the only one this bothers, but if I see one more stock image of a woman wearing a headset I'm gonna lose it ;) haha

MXroute Christmas Offer | DigitalOcean free $10 credit (affiliate)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@jarland haha, we will probably get that changed to our mascot if I ever bother paying the price tag of $400 I was quoted for it ._.

We have also finished sub pages and a sexy slider to but you have to wait till release for that :P

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
    Thanked by 1Jar
  • I already could tell it was AKDesigner's style ;)

• TazTaz Disabled

Your site looks pretty neat, however, gives me a template feeling. Maybe it is just me but these types of designs are getting a bit old maybe?

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• The colors aren't working for me, looks too much like a template. :)

• looks like a pro, no one can beat eleven2's site yet :) its the best :D

• mpkossenmpkossen Administrator

24/7/365 Quality Technical Support? You sure you are gonna reply to a ticket on Christmas eve with something meaningful? So I don't mean "We're going to have this passed on to our senior management staff", but an actual reply.

I recommend Prometeus and Vultr! | Follow @LowEndNetwork on Twitter and win a dedi!
    Check out my blog at mpkossen.com

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@mpkossen

Quote from comment above:

@StormVZ said: I just told them to put random text

But ideally yes we'd like to provide support even on public holidays, delayed possibly but we will still reach out to our clients

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • MaouniqueMaounique Member
    edited September 2012

Come on, outsourcing works and muslims are all over the world, jews, budhists, shinto, hindu, not to mention "dontcares", etc. M

top - 22:32:38 up 906 days, 2:58, 1 user, load average: 3.94, 5.13, 8.38

• TazTaz Disabled

@Maounique said: Come on, outsourcing works and muslims are all over the world, jews, budhists, shinto, hindu, not to mention "dontcares", etc.

What are you talking about?

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

Thanked by 2Patrick Inglar
  • InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

About outsourcing for public holidays.

我是一个巨魔 (;

• TazTaz Disabled

@Infinity said: About outsourcing for public holidays.

Lol, the way he wrote, It sounded like he was complaining or something haha.

• Wow... Beautiful design.. How mutch does it coast? I mean web template..

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@fway Mid-High $xxx

Depends on how customised you want it, extra costs for slider / custom banners etc.

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • Bump - New design is up!

http://stormvz.com

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • Looking good so far. Just thought the name of your company was SpaceVZ for a moment, after looking at your design.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • @fway said: Wow... Beautiful design.. How mutch does it coast? I mean web template..

Where can I find this template?

• Looks good

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • Looks good.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • SSDs or no?

RamNode: High Performance SSD and SSD-Cached VPS
    New York - Atlanta - Seattle - Netherlands - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
  • I don't like it because it looks like the same style we used for banners :(

http://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/alpha-reseller.php

BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • @Corey

Honestly, not really.

~ Jimmy VortexUnit. Who likes poptart.cats?
  • CoreyCorey Member
    edited October 2012

@lele0108 when our header said 'virtual private servers' yes really it looked the same.

Other than that the banner looks great, better than anything on our site.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110107132006/https://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/openvz.php

• @Corey

Well, I guess, but I know a website that looks pretty damn close to our site at first glance. I mind, but it's not something I care a lot about.

• @lele0108 said: Well, I guess, but I know a website that looks pretty damn close to our site at first glance. I mind, but it's not something I care a lot about.

Said website sounds familiar for some reason... hmm.

SimpleNode | Minecraft and VPS Hosting | KVM and OpenVZ | Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ | PayPal and BitCoins accepted

• @Corey I fail to see a resemblance, maybe my eyes are not working properly today morning :/

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • @StormVZ said: today morning

I can tell.

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited October 2012

change girl with the headset:) i told your operator

• @Corey said: I don't like it because it looks like the same style we used for banners :(

Looks nothing like anything on your site. And it's nighttime here so my eyes are working.

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy Oh it was you... :L

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • RandyRandy Disabled

@StormVZ said: @Randy Oh it was you... :L

yep :) get a hot chick lol

• Is that control panel a custom design? If so, looks pretty legit.

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus Best billing panel - HostBill :)

We also added option to automatically buy IP's without having to submit a ticket with a limit of 5 per VM.

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • Looks nice.

timberw0lf | www.timberw0lf.net

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • @serverbear said: Looks nothing like anything on your site. And it's nighttime here so my eyes are working.

I linked the archive.org

• Just a few things I noticed: - Main navigation doesn't really "stand out". Maybe try an orange gradient, such as: http://stormvz.com/images/boxltbg.png - There's a color mismatch between the footer images. Noticeable when you're viewing the site at a resolution wider than 1280px. + http://stormvz.com/images/footerconinnerbg.jpg + http://stormvz.com/images/footerbg.png

Besides that, it's easy to navigate and looks sharp. Good work.

• @Corey said: I linked the archive.org

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@tweakstur Actually think orange navbar will look good, will try it in a few! Will plug in the mac to tv to see the gradient issue and get that fixed.

Thanks!

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • Design is nice all in all. Did you customize SolusVM client template?

VirtualSRV - OpenVZ Unmanaged VPS
  • Hostbill

• @lele0108 said: Hostbill Oh ok cool :)

VirtualSRV - OpenVZ Unmanaged VPS
  • @tweakstur Changed the navbar and modified it a bit. What'd you guys think: http://stormvz.com/

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

@StormVZ, indeed it looks more slick and clean.

If I had to make a critique or an opinion, I would make the arrows a different color, they blend in weird with the orange.

Other than that, it does look nice tbh. (When you hover, it turns a nice white color, I like a color similar to that)

• So, again, SSDs?

RamNode: High Performance SSD and SSD-Cached VPS
    New York - Atlanta - Seattle - Netherlands - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@Nick_A No, we're just advertising SSD VPS's because we're not going to be selling them? You could have answered the question yourself really.

Patrick ~ INIZ Rep

| Inactive
  • @StormVZ said: @tweakstur Changed the navbar and modified it a bit.

Orange looks good! I'd try changing the arrows as @Nexus suggested, try black or a dark blue.

One more thing that might look good: Changing the dropdown background color to black then use the orange gradient on the hover.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

Oh and the hovering over the text on the drop down could also be changed as well, it's like a dark orange/grey on my screen, should be a brighter color :P

Just my suggestions, and I wouldn't be saying them unless I truly believed in someone/know that someone is actually going in the right direction in life, so take it with a grain of salt, Thanks.