Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XFuse Solutions Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XFuse Solutions Review

mike1smike1s Member
edited March 2015 in Reviews

I've got 2 dedicated servers with XFuse in Buffalo, NY and Dallas, TX, Duke and his staff are a great group of folks. I had a drive on one of my servers fail shortly after deployment, and they had it fixed within minutes. I haven't had a single downtime since purchase. Network works quite well, and the server performs fantastic. I'm not going to provide dd tests as everyone here knows how Intel SSDs perform in a raid, and everyone also knows how mechinical drives perform. They resell ColoCrossing, which I'm aware doesn't have the best reputation, but I've yet to have any issues with them. Their network is quite fast, I'm able to max my gig port in the testing I did, and have clean IP addresses, minus a couple that were listed in SORBS which I'm working on getting cleaned.

ESXi Node Specs: Xeon E3-1240/16gb ram/2x 240gb Intel SSDs.

Backup Server Specs: Intel atom Avoton, 8gb ram, 1tb SATA.

Thanked by 1Licensecart

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Given your close connection to Duke I would not expect you to write anything else. Although as reviews go this was, well, crap.

• @Lee said:
    Given your close connection to Duke I would not expect you to write anything else. Although as reviews go this was, well, crap.

Lee you not a moderator any more?

• LeeLee Veteran

Nope.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @Lee said:
    Nope.

Bro, tell us your story?

It'll be a little bit better then this review anyways.

• LeeLee Veteran

No story, just needed the time I spent on LET moderating (which was a lot) back.

• @Lee said:
    No story, just needed the time I spent on LET moderating (which was a lot) back.

Still a better story than this review.

• @Lee said:

First of all, Lee, If Duke provided a bad service, he could be my brother, I'd still publicly call him out on it. I am completely unbiased with him, and my only involvement with him at this point is purely business.

• @Jonchun said:
    Still a better story than this review.

Agreed. LOL. I like reviews, but not if they're poorly worded. And I can't be friends with my customers? Hell, me and Michael have our issues but he's a customer, so yea. Either way, thanks for the oddly worded review Michael. LOL.

Mods can close this at any time.

• I'm going to properly re-write this when I'm actually sitting at my desk.

• LeeLee Veteran

XFS_Duke said: And I can't be friends with my customers?

You can, but unbiased reviewers they do not make.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Lee said:

I would tend to disagree. I've written negative reviews about providers I was friends with the owner in the past.

• LeeLee Veteran

You can disagree, however perception is more powerful than your protestation.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • emgemg Veteran

@MikeSpears said:
    First of all, Lee, If Duke provided a bad service, he could be my brother, I'd still publicly call him out on it. I am completely unbiased with him, and my only involvement with him at this point is purely business.

I would not trust anyone who would publicly call out their own brother for bad service. Who does that to their own brother? Your statement does not lend credence that your original post is an impartial review.

• @MikeSpears said:

Great friend you are.

• This discussion is more interesting then the review.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

A review is a review I suppose.

but if you wite it on LET and don't put a dd test in then it is more like.....

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • No, it's called being unbiased and honest, at the same time, I don't associate with folks that provide poor service. Jonny an exception to that, but a lot of us made that error... Saying my brother was a bit extreme of an example I will admit.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    A review is a review I suppose.

but if you wite it on LET and don't put a dd test in then it is more like.....

No point in doing a dd test, since everyone knows how Intel SSDs in raid 0 perform, and my other box is a 1tb mech running windows server.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MikeSpears said: No point in doing a dd test, since everyone knows how Intel SSDs in raid 0 perform, and my other box is a 1tb mech running windows server.

Twas a joke. :)

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2015

yea I kinda figured haha, forgive me I'm a bit tired haha

• I added specs to the review, and will add pricing in the morning.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I'm calling for proof of being a customer longer then 2 months as the rules says.

And here is that random meme that @Lee loves.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@MikeSpears
    You can either post the proof of ownership according to the rules or send them in a message to me. Either way, do it or this "review" will be sentenced as shilling and removed.

Thnak you :)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited March 2015

Lee said: Given your close connection to Duke I would not expect you to write anything else. Although as reviews go this was, well, crap.

LOL. Brutal, but well said :)

• @mikho said:
    MikeSpears
    You can either post the proof of ownership according to the rules or send them in a message to me. Either way, do it or this "review" will be sentenced as shilling and removed.

Thnak you :)

http://i.imgur.com/DOHMDM4.png
    http://i.imgur.com/m4VSz3P.png

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2015

I was a gvh customer who had their stuff transferred to duke.... GVH on the other hand was a nightmare with support.

• So considering the ink hasn't even dried yet on Duke taking over the gvh "customers"....we're at what, 3-4 weeks unofficially? Great to hear things have improved (how could they not) but your previous association is fueling this "review" more than actual experience given the timeframes involved imo.

• SadySady Member

@MikeSpears said:
    I was a gvh customer who had their stuff transferred to duke.... GVH on the other hand was a nightmare with support.

Well customers are not transferred yet & registration dates on your boxes are of this month.
    Do you care to elaborate?

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2015

Duke asked me right at the beginning if I wanted my billing transferred over to him as I already had services with him prior. Duke will confirm this.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited March 2015

Look. At the end of the day, I'm a customer of XFuse first, and an acquaintance of Duke 2nd. If you don't like my review, delete it, and ban me if you so desire. Duke has not compensated me whatsoever for this review nor has he asked me to write it. I really don't care about my membership here, as I'm not even part of the low-end side of the industry outside of having services with low-end providers. If this is the case, I can't ever post a single review, as I'm friends or acquaintances with a number of providers in the industry, especially in the higher end dedicated server/colo sector of the hosting industry.