Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting for tech web in spain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting for tech web in spain

MingogomesMingogomes Member
edited March 2015 in Help

Hello guys

I have this web Newesc.com/pt. The size of the web is 2.3 GB and i have 10.000 connections per month.

As you can see the connection is super slow, and I want to ask the best host I can contract for my website.

Thanks

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I would host elsewhere, much cheaper and usually more reliable.

If you still want a Spanish ISP, GinerNet has been pretty nice in my experience.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • You might find that the page itself is quite large and seems to be loading loads of things that don't resolve to actual files anymore?
    Pingdom stats

If you minimise the amount you're loading it'll increase massively. Hence 174 Requests on page-load is huge. - The Performance grade tab will provide tips on how to speed it up.

Spain is a bit of a strange one, it'll be quite difficult to find something cheap in Spain however France should be fairly cheap seen as that many people have an OVH Server.

• IMO, your page is not so heavy (lots of news portals around the world are much much heavier).
    Your page according to pingdom is 1.9MB. It is not so big. As an example, nytimes.com is 4.8 MB with over 500 requests.
    With 10000 visitors (?) per month (more or less 3.000 per day), load should be minimum.
    Even a 512MB RAM VPS with 2vcpu and 10GB SSD or SAS disk, should do the work just fine.
    If it is just web hosting and not latency-critical operations, then, any vps in EU zone should fit. Especially France is extremely near to Spain, so OVH or Runabove should be quite good. Also, you could try prometeus (iwstack brand XEN vps in Italy, Milan) or any German or NL provider should do fine. You will not find any real difference in performance.

But as @HyperSpeed said, instead of trying to find a vps near you or increase vm size, do a little optimization to your web site and you should be able to see significance improvement on performance than buying a bigger box!

• Ginernet is good for hosting in Spain, but low traffic plans.

Thanked by 1jmginer