Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Webmin / virtualmin / cloudmin theme Authentic , rocks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Webmin / virtualmin / cloudmin theme Authentic , rocks

So , this is for people who have been saying that virtualmin looks dated , well it is not , it was just the UI that was dated ...

Here is a preview of the now production ready virtualmin theme named Authentic

Comments

• Nice, finally a updated theme.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Is it responsive?

• And where can I download it?

• @Amitz said:
    Is it responsive?

Yes it is , built using bootstrap

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • RolterRolter Member
    edited March 2015

@myhken said:
    And where can I download it?

If you have updated your webmin in the past few weeks , then you already have it since the virtualmin team has included Authentic by default now , just go to your webmin settings and change your theme to authentic from their .

If you do not see Authentic as an option to switch to , you can follow this thread at virtualmin.com

http://www.virtualmin.com/node/34315

And download the theme from github

https://github.com/qooob/authentic-theme

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @myhken said:
    And where can I download it?

https://github.com/qooob/authentic-theme

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited March 2015

tnx, I always update, so it's on every server I have now. Will test it out on a couple first.
    tnx for the info.

• May not work in CentOS 5. Alternatively, use Bootstrap 3 or Metal Theme.

• AmitzAmitz Member

All I see of that new theme is a spinning wheel that never stops. Tried it on newest Chrome and Safari on OSX and MobileSafari on iOS. Not that cool...

• cociucociu Member

nice !

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    May not work in CentOS 5. Alternatively, use Bootstrap 3 or Metal Theme.

Works on centos 7 though

• teddysunteddysun Member
    edited March 2015

@Amitz said:
    All I see of that new theme is a spinning wheel that never stops. Tried it on newest Chrome and Safari on OSX and MobileSafari on iOS. Not that cool...

So me too, CentOS 6.6
    Latest Chrome & Firefox , it's always a spinning wheel ...
    ooops

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • F12, and the error like this:

Error - Perl execution failed

Can't locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libexec/webmin /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 . /usr/libexec/webmin/ ..) at /usr/libexec/webmin/authentic-theme/sysinfo.cgi line 196.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/libexec/webmin/authentic-theme/sysinfo.cgi line 196.

• teddysunteddysun Member
    edited March 2015

OK, now it's working

yum install -y perl-libwww-perl

Thanked by 2Amitz Benjy
  • @Amitz said:

Same here. Tested on CentOS 7 and Debian 7.

• @itgods said:
    Same here. Tested on CentOS 7 and Debian 7.

Please see the post above yours ..

• @Rolter said:

Thats not the solution.. Already tested.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited March 2015

I used this for a while, it's good. Also, take a look at Webmin Finally Theme as well. It ain't so bad either.

• @Nomad said:
    I used this for a while, it's good. Also, take a look at Webmin Finally Theme as well. It ain't so bad either.

I did try webmin finally theme earlier , but it did not seem as stable as authentic at the time , but I am really happy to see an open source project with such a good community effort.

• NomadNomad Member

Before I switched to Plesk 12, this two themes were my favourite. Especially with its last releases Authentic is really easy on the eyes.

• Still enjoy with 'gray framed theme'. Simple and fast.

Thanked by 3switsys victorqd Rolter
  • RolterRolter Member
    edited April 2015

And i am back to the default framed theme , Authentic is shiny and does bring some new functionality to webmin+virtualmin ...It is too slow

• Default theme will always be my choice

• BruceBruce Member

@teddysun said:
    ooops

me too. tried it last week and got this problem. poor testing I guess. maybe they will fix this in a new release, so others don't get the same problem.